IGNORED

Riberio Has A Bright Future Ahead (merged Topics)

_Bristol-City_

Another solid performance from Ribs, certainly got a bright future ahead of him....I just can't get round how GJ couldnt see the talent weve witnessed in the previous 2 games, really cant believe he hasn't featured this year despite getting really good reviews from his loan spells and U21 games...what a player !!!!!!

Quality tonight, think he was doing what orr does abit, running down the line.. But better.

Hats off to hartley, worked his bottom off, supported EVERYONE.

New captian me thinks;

http://www.bcfc.co.u...ge/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2001169,00.html

Just thought I would point out, Clarksons name is spelt wrong, bet he feels real special.

COYR.

Good to hear. Its obvious Riberio is rated by Millen

Another solid performance from Ribs, certainly got a bright future ahead of him....I just can't get round how GJ couldnt see the talent weve witnessed in the previous 2 games, really cant believe he hasn't featured this year despite getting really good reviews from his loan spells and U21 games...what a player !!!!!!

Didn't you know? he hasn't got any Championship experience.

GJ had said publicly before that he rated Ribs, just did not think he was ready. At the moment, it is looking like he was wrong - he is ready. Cracking perfrormance.

Ribeiro is a natural born footballer and why Johnson didn't consider him 'ready ' for the Championship will always remain a mystery. The lad was a class act tonight, very cultured, calm, pacy, strong and confident and it was clear to everyone that he has a very promising future ahead of him.

I predict that with the right move to the PL that this lad will play for England at some point. I've said tha once before about a City player - Andy Cole. I think he has the promise to be a great player.

Ribeiro is a natural born footballer and why Johnson didn't consider him 'ready ' for the Championship will always remain a mystery. The lad was a class act tonight, very cultured, calm, pacy, strong and confident and it was clear to everyone that he has a very promising future ahead of him.

I predict that with the right move to the PL that this lad will play for England at some point. I've said tha once before about a City player - Andy Cole. I think he has the promise to be a great player.

Ill bet you a £1,000 he wont?

Play for England?? a) thats a bit hard cos he's welsh and b) I dont think he's THAT good!

• Admin

How many times did Ribs come to Carey's rescue?

Who was the player playing his 2nd game at this level & who was the player with nigh on 600 appearances under his belt?

As the second half wore on Ribs was visibly getting more and more confident culminating in the lovely slide rule pass which Maynard won the penalty from :)

How many times did Ribs come to Carey's rescue?

Who was the player playing his 2nd game at this level & who was the player with nigh on 600 appearances under his belt?

As the second half wore on Ribs was visibly getting more and more confident culminating in the lovely slide rule pass which Maynard won the penalty from :)

As you say he got better and better as the game went on. Why oh why did GJ not think he was ready for the Championship??!!

Hats off to Millen for giving him his chance.

Yes, well done Milly.

Not sure how long we'll stick with the line up on the right but seems to be working so far !

Don't get too carried away. The defence was shocking yet again (apart from ribs) and why is Carey still captain?

First half was same old - but I thought the whole team played brilliant in the 2nd half - including the defence.

The only goal they scored in the 2nd half was a very good goal

Jesus. He has barely played (and should I remind you that in the last two games the defence have leaked 5 goals) and your predicting him to be one of the countries top players.

He is\will be a good player, but lets not get carried away

I know its early in his career and he's a young lad but he has something about him that stands out above the rest. Something that I've not seen in a City player for almost 20 years. Its a just a feeling.

Just mark my words. This lad will play at the highest level.

PURE CLASS from Ribeiro, not sure if he deserved MOM over Hartley, but glad he won it, he's been a breath of fresh air to the team and if I was Bradley Orr, I'd be VERY CONCERNED about keeping my place in the team.

The lad has everything and will be in the prem before long without doubt.

I do find it embrassing and says alot about Johnson's judgement that he didn't feel that Riberio was ready. Over the last 2 games he's possibly been our best player.

Fair play to the lad!

Yes, well done Milly.

Not sure how long we'll stick with the line up on the right but seems to be working so far !

Not sure how long we'll stick with the line up on the left!

JCR - great attacking. Defending? Ooooh dear me!!

He must have had the hair dryer treatment at half time, 'cos he was better in the second half. But, hmmmmm......

Really refreshing to see a defender who doesn't want to just lump it forward and is confident on the ball

You could almost see Ribeiro's confidence rising tonight.

Having saved Carey's bacon a couple of times in the first half it's as though he thought, "Right, I'm not only feeling comfortable at this level, I'm capable of really affecting this game."

He then surged through the Barnsley team with ease on more than one occasion, the most notable run leading to the penalty.

He's thrown down the gauntlet for others to usurp him now, and if he can keep up tonights form there's no chance of that happening.

You could almost see Ribeiro's confidence rising tonight.

Having saved Carey's bacon a couple of times in the first half it's as though he thought, "Right, I'm not only feeling comfortable at this level, I'm capable of really affecting this game."

He then surged through the Barnsley team with ease on more than one occasion, the most notable run leading to the penalty.

He's thrown down the gauntlet for others to usurp him now, and if he can keep up tonights form there's no chance of that happening.

He was good against Newcastle and rightly got man of the match tonight.

He's waited patiently, and has done really well when given the opportunity to play.

I know we are short of defenders, but must agree with a few of the other posts, alot of credit has to be given to Millen for selecting him.

Archived