IGNORED

Ref Apology

Red Cloud

It is a ludicrous rule and no doubt refs hate having to do it. I assume it is a question of inciting the crowd but how is that so if you do it in front of your own fans? Yet if a player keeps his shirt on but taunts the opposition fans he is not booked. Just a small example of the pathetic way in which the game is administered, as the new ex FA Chief Executive might agree. :disapointed2se:

It is a ludicrous rule and no doubt refs hate having to do it. I assume it is a question of inciting the crowd but how is that so if you do it in front of your own fans? Yet if a player keeps his shirt on but taunts the opposition fans he is not booked. Just a small example of the pathetic way in which the game is administered, as the new ex FA Chief Executive might agree. disapointed2se.gif

I think you'll find it's more devious than that!

There's a thing called a sponsers logo on the shirt and you can't see it on the box when it's being waived above the scorers head.

The powers that be will probably deny this but I'm sure that's the hidden agenda here!

I may be wrong on this but i didn't think the actual wording of the rule says it's an automatic booking. As someone has posted above, it's only a booking if deemed to be inciteful or unsporting behaviour, i.e rubbing it into the oppostion. It falls to the referee's discretion, which they all seem to think, 'right, that's definately a booking'.

Right, dont quote me on this, but im sure the main reason this is a bookable offence is because football is now recognised as a global sport, and in some religeons it can cause offence

Like I said, im not 100% sure, but am sure I read this somewhere a while back

What religeons find celibrating offensive? so great then, lets water down our sport so the woman beating arabs who Murock the slut sell it too don't get offended by our freedom disapointed2se.gif Screw that.

I like the time wasting ideal.

But why ? do they want to take there shirt off in the first place, what is the actual point in it ?. It NEVER used to happen. They also know that they will get booked so really its quite a pathetic thing to do.

Dont say its because there happy because WE would all be taking ours off at the same time if that was the caserolleyes.gif .

Right, dont quote me on this, but im sure the main reason this is a bookable offence is because football is now recognised as a global sport, and in some religeons it can cause offence

Interesting slant. Though alcohol is banned in some countries and we splash Carlsberg logos everywhere.

And isn't football a religion? innocent06.gif

But why ? do they want to take there shirt off in the first place, what is the actual point in it ?. It NEVER used to happen. They also know that they will get booked so really its quite a pathetic thing to do.

Dont say its because there happy because WE would all be taking ours off at the same time if that was the caserolleyes.gif .

I stripped naked last night .....5 times wub.gif

I never scored in front of 13,000 people, have in front of twenty people in Ashton Park but think how we feel as a supporter when the ball hits the back of the net then think how the player who just scored must feel and he's not aloud to take is shirt off to celebrate what a joke. Next thing will be your not aloud to cuddle each other after a goal incase you offend certain people.

I may be wrong on this but i didn't think the actual wording of the rule says it's an automatic booking. As someone has posted above, it's only a booking if deemed to be inciteful or unsporting behaviour, i.e rubbing it into the oppostion. It falls to the referee's discretion, which they all seem to think, 'right, that's definately a booking'.

In the 'Laws of the Game' there's a small section on how FIFA expect rules to be impemented, which essentially says shirt off = booking.

exactly Bill, and I think Haynes should be fined by the club because he was then only one silly tackle away from being sent off. Every player knows the rules, so this is actually asking to be booked. Incidentally, we haven't seen it yet, but watch out for Campbell-Ryces first goal, because he removes his shirt every time.

I was slightly concerned last night that Haynes was going to pick up a 2nd yellow card for a late challenge or something else after picking up his booking for the removal of his shirt. I was at Brentford where I saw him pick up a double booking with the 1st one being petulant and avoidable. I also find myself having to remind myself the lad is still only 22 and is youthful and easily excitable.

Well done Dan, onwards and upwards.

Half the rules, and implementation of rules, in football are a great big joke.

You can clearly simulate injury, go down like a sack of Maris Pipers when someone brushes past you, take throw-ins miles from the correct place, appeal every referree/linesman decision even though you clearly know the ball came of you before going out, lose the abilty for your legs to carry your weight as you enter the penalty area ...all without redress.

Take your top off though ....

Half the rules, and implementation of rules, in football are a great big joke.

You can clearly simulate injury, go down like a sack of Maris Pipers when someone brushes past you, take throw-ins miles from the correct place, appeal every referree/linesman decision even though you clearly know the ball came of you before going out, lose the abilty for your legs to carry your weight as you enter the penalty area ...all without redress.

Take your top off though ....

Not forgetting to add... clearly obstruct a player when the ball is rolling out for a goal kick.

Presumably these religions also find Olympic swimming offensive?! It's a mad world....

It is a ludicrous rule and no doubt refs hate having to do it. I assume it is a question of inciting the crowd but how is that so if you do it in front of your own fans? Yet if a player keeps his shirt on but taunts the opposition fans he is not booked. Just a small example of the pathetic way in which the game is administered, as the new ex FA Chief Executive might agree. disapointed2se.gif

When we played Leicester at home and they scored their player (Lloyd Dyer i think his name was) took his shirt off and chucked it on the ground and ran upto the away fans to celebrate.

I'm sure he didn't get booked for this dunno.gif can anyone confirm ???

• Admin

When we played Leicester at home and they scored their player (Lloyd Dyer i think his name was) took his shirt off and chucked it on the ground and ran upto the away fans to celebrate.

I'm sure he didn't get booked for this dunno.gif can anyone confirm ???

Dyer was booked in this match but I haven't looked to see which minute it was.

Archived