IGNORED

Ref Apology

Red Cloud

When we played Leicester at home and they scored their player (Lloyd Dyer i think his name was) took his shirt off and chucked it on the ground and ran upto the away fans to celebrate.

I'm sure he didn't get booked for this dunno.gif can anyone confirm ???

BBC says he was booked 1 min after scoring so I presume it was for the shirt antics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/results/default.stm

Right, dont quote me on this, but im sure the main reason this is a bookable offence is because football is now recognised as a global sport, and in some religeons it can cause offence

Like I said, im not 100% sure, but am sure I read this somewhere a while back

your correct there andy, it was on SSN a couple of weeks back, rather ridiculous rule though.

Its a booking because its time wasting, he has to put the shirt back on in order to play. Yeah I think its a bit crap, but i can see why refs have to card players for it.

Can't see it as time wasting myself as they can always put their shirt back on as they are running back .Now if they took their shirt off due to excitement and lied down and had a wonk then this would be definately time wasting!!!!!!!

Anyway, personally cannot see why players do it.

Right, dont quote me on this, but im sure the main reason this is a bookable offence is because football is now recognised as a global sport, and in some religeons it can cause offence

Like I said, im not 100% sure, but am sure I read this somewhere a while back

Spot on! Exactly why its a booking. I think it was bought in with the Prem in mind rather than the Championship downwards!

As far as I'm aware, shielding the ball is perfectly legal as long as the ball is close enough to you to play the ball.

No problem with that.

Its when a player enters into the path of another with no intention of playing the ball that its obstruction. I can't think of a time when I've ever seen the whistle blown for it in the last 5 years when it comes to letting the ball run out of play.

Poor interpretation of the rules is a bit like the forward pass in rugby really. A forward pass is based on where the ball is RELEASED and CAUGHT. You'll see however (maybe 20 times a game) that because the players run so fast the ball appears to be thrown backwards (because the receiving player is running behind the passer) but the ball actually travels forward.

Oh well.

Archived