IGNORED

Just To Confirm, Any Manager That Sends Their Cv In To Apply...

LoyalRed

Won't get the job. Thats what Glen Roeder said on Saturday on Soccer AM. It had no reference to our club but he said from past experience any manager that has to send in his CV will not get the job. He didn't say whether thats the manager sending the CV in personally or the agent sending it in. Does make sense though as if you have to send your CV in it shows desperation. If a club wants a certain manager they will hear that they are interested and go and contact them.

Was thinking about this earlier on the thread about whether Curbs had 'applied' or not. You rarely hear an out of work, experienced manager say that he's 'applied for' a job. It's always more of a case of him 'not hearing from' a managerless club.

I'm sure that Curbs and many others won't be applying, but will be waiting for a call from SL

Won't get the job. Thats what Glen Roeder said on Saturday on Soccer AM. It had no reference to our club but he said from past experience any manager that has to send in his CV will not get the job. He didn't say whether thats the manager sending the CV in personally or the agent sending it in. Does make sense though as if you have to send your CV in it shows desperation. If a club wants a certain manager they will hear that they are interested and go and contact them.

The way things are panning out - given the entertaining performances against Newcastle then Barnsley - it'll be Millen and Walshy installed permanently as BCFC No 1 and No 2. :winner_third_h4h:

In any case, i would hope that if Glen Roeder did send in his CV that Steve L would put it through the shredder straight up anyway.

The way things are panning out - given the entertaining performances against Newcastle then Barnsley - it'll be Millen and Walshy installed permanently as BCFC No 1 and No 2. :winner_third_h4h:

No disrespect to Millen, Walshy or you, but I do find it fitting that your red tagline appears just below the above. :shifty:

In any case, i would hope that if Glen Roeder did send in his CV that Steve L would put it through the shredder straight up anyway.

You took the words right out of mouth reference Roeder!!! No, no and please no. But, for most jobs paying higher than £50K it is rare for the successful candidate to have applied? That is why there are so many professional head hunting companies around today and I would find it very difficult to believe that Hargreaves / Lansdown do not use similar when recruiting for executives in their own company therefore I would suggest the same head hunters are probably already on the search on behalf of BCFC.

You took the words right out of mouth reference Roeder!!! No, no and please no. But, for most jobs paying higher than £50K it is rare for the successful candidate to have applied? That is why there are so many professional head hunting companies around today and I would find it very difficult to believe that Hargreaves / Lansdown do not use similar when recruiting for executives in their own company therefore I would suggest the same head hunters are probably already on the search on behalf of BCFC.

If SL does use 'headhunters' lets hope they don't use the same criteria that Burnley's (PWC ?) used whereby they ended up with Laws.

Archived