IGNORED

Are We Now Safe ?

Frome Red

I believe certain teams in the Prem are safe from relgation, but as for all of us "lesser bretheren" who can go up or down, I believe Newport County are the only team who KNOW 100% which div / league they'll be in next season.

The 92-93 season was a gripper in what is now the CCC; with 4 games to go, any of the top 11 could go up and any of the bottom 11 could go down.

Are we safe? I think we probably are but we should be aiming for 10th place purely because with Newcastle and WBA getting promotion it would mean the parachute payments they were entitled to next season are shared between the other football league teams, if we finish in the top 10 we get a larger slice of the pie.

In all honestly I think we were 'safe' when GJ was at the helm, because there were games coming up that we would have won.

But as for now, you gotta say we are definitely safe from the feared drop.

I didn't share your feelings regarding our chances of survival, with GJ steering the good ship onto the rocks!

Thankfully the changes that have occured have given our vessel fresh wind in the sails, and 4 points from 2 games, which puts us in a much better position but, we are not definately safe yet.

Archived