IGNORED

Gary Sawyer Signs

TomBCFCUK

Have just noticed that Qpr are about to sign former werder bremen left back Tosic, who was supposed to sign for portsmouth before there crisis. Also noticed Frank quedrue has signed for colchester or loan from brimingham, surely that would of been a good signing for us until the end of the season?

He's played 29 times for Plymouth, seems odd to be letting a player go when they are in the depths of a relegation battle??

24 years old would suggest maybe its a view to a more perm move. Odd... but hey welcome along Gary.. well needed.

'Swoop'.......nice word. Always seems to be used when a club signs someone.

Can't think of many other times you hear the word swoop in everyday language.

The only time i can think of is when a bird of prey swoops down onto it's prey. tounge.gif

He's played 29 times for Plymouth, seems odd to be letting a player go when they are in the depths of a relegation battle??

24 years old would suggest maybe its a view to a more perm move. Odd... but hey welcome along Gary.. well needed.

Well, he didn't make the 18 for the win at Ipswich so it is safe to say he's out of favour down there.

From what I recall he's a useful LB (think he was at Exeter previously?) and one that I thought we might have looked at before now to provide competiton/cover for McAllister.

He turnt down a contract there this season so hopefully he'll be trying to earn a permanent contract here.

Unless Millen has been told that he's got the job full time I don't really see how Sawyer can hope to earn a permanent deal here!

Useful signing though, welcome aboard!

Unless Millen has been told that he's got the job full time I don't really see how Sawyer can hope to earn a permanent deal here!

Useful signing though, welcome aboard!

If he plays and trains well the new manager is going to see that, also Millen is probably going to stay here after the appointment and he will/should give the new manager his views/ advice on the squad so the only danger for Sawyer not to get a full deal is if a) he doesn't play well or b) if the new manager and him have had a falling out.

If he plays and trains well the new manager is going to see that, also Millen is probably going to stay here after the appointment and he will/should give the new manager his views/ advice on the squad so the only danger for Sawyer not to get a full deal is if a) he doesn't play well or b) if the new manager and him have had a falling out.

Valid point mate, but if Millen is here until the end of the season then the new manager isn't going to see him train or play.

Interesting you say you think Millen will be here after the appointment. He's survived Tinnion and Johnson going, would be very surprised to see him survive again. Nothing against the bloke, but would be lucky to survive two sackings!

Valid point mate, but if Millen is here until the end of the season then the new manager isn't going to see him train or play.

Interesting you say you think Millen will be here after the appointment. He's survived Tinnion and Johnson going, would be very surprised to see him survive again. Nothing against the bloke, but would be lucky to survive two sackings!

Not necessarily lucky, might, just might be respected for his coaching skills amongst the managerial fraternity.

Don't mean to be pedantic and fussy, but why do the articles on the official site always have words missing and grammatical errors? Surely it's a professional job? No offence to the writer (you've got a great job!), but read it through!

Anyway, decent 'swoop'.

Don't mean to be pedantic and fussy, but why do the articles on the official site always have words missing and grammatical errors? Surely it's a professional job? No offence to the writer (you've got a great job!), but read it through!

Anyway, decent 'swoop'.

Totally agree babber. I have commented before that our articles sometimes look as though a six-fingered inbred from the northern side of our fair city has composed it. If our own site can't get the basics right then it's fair play for people to post........howe they lyke.

Hope he is a decent 'bird of prey thing' as we don't seem to of missed Jamie McAllister too much.

My immediate thoughts but it turns out he turned down a contract renewal in January so that explains why they're willing to let him go. I would of thought he'll be starting a fair few games with McCallister out so hopefulyl he'll do a good job, and who knows maybe even earn a contract.

Anyway, decent 'swoop'.

It's Adam's birthday, he had to go in on his day off.. at least let him off today :laugh:

Great to hear that the scouting network under the other johnson is working so well??

His agent watched our midweek game and contacted the club afterwards as he had heard we were short of defenders and might therefore be interested!???

Amazing how sharp we are...not!!? Buying players based on one game against us? Players who were playing out of position in the one game we watched anyway and we weren't aware...!

I wonder how much money we have paid other the years for these quality services...tumbleweed.gif

Great to hear that the scouting network under the other johnson is working so well??

His agent watched our midweek game and contacted the club afterwards as he had heard we were short of defenders and might therefore be interested!???

Amazing how sharp we are...not!!? Buying players based on one game against us? Players who were playing out of position in the one game we watched anyway and we weren't aware...!

I wonder how much money we have paid other the years for these quality services...tumbleweed.gif

About sums up our "current" scouting system - AGAIN? Slovakian full backs signed as strikers springs to mind.

Anyway Gary S. has received "mixed" reviews on the Plumduff site, but, we needed a left back and we have got one with plenty of Championship experience so cannot be to disappointed.

Welcome Gary, upwards and onwards

Archived