IGNORED

Gary Sawyer Signs

TomBCFCUK

Wikipedia says he was named their young player of the year in 2006/07. Which sounds encouraging. He is a left back and we do need proper cover for that position. Hopefully he'll do a good job.

The Young Player of the year at Plymouth is not saying much, it's like saying Hitler was fine because he took care of his dog :D.

Great to hear that the scouting network under the other johnson is working so well??

His agent watched our midweek game and contacted the club afterwards as he had heard we were short of defenders and might therefore be interested!???

Amazing how sharp we are...not!!? Buying players based on one game against us? Players who were playing out of position in the one game we watched anyway and we weren't aware...!

I wonder how much money we have paid other the years for these quality services...tumbleweed.gif

Too right, I mean with all of about one day for Millen to sign a left back I can't believe he didn't look at Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines or Wayne Bridge........

Funnily enough I see signing a 24 year old West Country lad with 29 Championship appearances in his natural position of left back this season in a somewhat different light to you.

Too right, I mean with all of about one day for Millen to sign a left back I can't believe he didn't look at Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines or Wayne Bridge........

Funnily enough I see signing a 24 year old West Country lad with 29 Championship appearances in his natural position of left back this season in a somewhat different light to you.

The point wasn't around this signing, it was about the process. Why haven't we got contacts made, players available or plans that were sorted well before now? Is that not what we are paying for in scouting services or are we a charity all of a sudden?

On a course with a Plymouth fan who describes him as "OK, nothing special, lacks pace". No point getting carried away, he has been signed because we currently lack a left back, and it's quite likely that better players will be available in the summer.

The point wasn't around this signing, it was about the process. Why haven't we got contacts made, players available or plans that were sorted well before now? Is that not what we are paying for in scouting services or are we a charity all of a sudden?

Millen was quoted as saying he has inquired about 10 players since the weekend, as he has been in charge of us for a week I really don't know what more he could do.

As for Pete Johnson, we don't know if he is even still with us, do we?

Totally agree babber. I have commented before that our articles sometimes look as though a six-fingered inbred from the northern side of our fair city has composed it. If our own site can't get the basics right then it's fair play for people to post........howe they lyke.

Hope he is a decent 'bird of prey thing' as we don't seem to of missed Jamie McAllister too much.

oh the irony, in a post commenting on bad grammar!

this could be a good signing, although the plymouth fans don't seem too worried, he will have a chance to prove himself in the last few games without any pressure. if he impresses, the coaching staff and fellow players would have no reason not to recommend him to the new manager.

plus everyone in the frame for the job will be watching all our games very closely now anyway, so they will see him play even if not in training

The Young Player of the year at Plymouth is not saying much, it's like saying Hitler was fine because he took care of his dog biggrin.gif.

Hitler didn't take care of his dog - he shot it...!

Hope you're not suggesting we do the same with Sawyer - bit harsh as we haven't seen him play yet... blink.gif

A decent loan signing by Millen i think, he's not gonna set the place alight but at least he's not gonna be homesick for abroad or the north (how can that be possible??) is virtually match fit and is going to be playing to the best of his abilities in order to get a contract.

Anyone who takes what people say on a forum as being 100% factual or more than 1% balanced needs to commit themselves to the nearest loony bin, they're full of crap.

(that includes this forum by the way)

Exactly. Think about what you'd say to a Plymouth fan if Jamie McAllister had just joined them on loan.

About sums up our "current" scouting system - AGAIN? Slovakian full backs signed as strikers springs to mind.

Anyway Gary S. has received "mixed" reviews on the Plumduff site, but, we needed a left back and we have got one with plenty of Championship experience so cannot be to disappointed.

Welcome Gary, upwards and onwards

We didn't sign a Slovakian left back- Styvar had been converted to striker long before he joined us.

oh the irony, in a post commenting on bad grammar!

this could be a good signing, although the plymouth fans don't seem too worried, he will have a chance to prove himself in the last few games without any pressure. if he impresses, the coaching staff and fellow players would have no reason not to recommend him to the new manager.

plus everyone in the frame for the job will be watching all our games very closely now anyway, so they will see him play even if not in training

Does a new sentence not starting with a capital letter count as bad grammar these days ? I'm getting on a bit and things might have changed since I was at school.

As I see it however good or crap he may be surely it is better than playing a natural left back at left back rather than say Skuse there? A left back should have been a priority last summer and I said as much at the time.

As I see it however good or crap he may be surely it is better than playing a natural left back at left back rather than say Skuse there? A left back should have been a priority last summer and I said as much at the time.

Which in fairness was Blackman.

Lads if you wanna have stupid chats about grammar why don't you trot on to another site you procks!

I'm not entirely sure what a "prock" is but I feel that between "another site" and "you" you should have a comma.

Also, "wanna" is a mis-spelling of "want to" and shouldn't be on this forum. Finally, "why don't you trot on" is a colloquialism for "please move on in a timely fashion". The latter phrase is far more suitable to a football forum that prides itself on articulacy.

Procks rock.

Great to hear that the scouting network under the other johnson is working so well??

His agent watched our midweek game and contacted the club afterwards as he had heard we were short of defenders and might therefore be interested!???

Amazing how sharp we are...not!!? Buying players based on one game against us? Players who were playing out of position in the one game we watched anyway and we weren't aware...!

I wonder how much money we have paid other the years for these quality services...tumbleweed.gif

I went down to St Ives about 3 weeks ago. The guy that works in the Sloop is a big green army fan. He told me then that he was coming to us.

So obviously he was looked at and liked by both GJ and Millen.

Got to be a good thing.

• Admin

Hitler didn't take care of his dog - he shot it...!

Hope you're not suggesting we do the same with Sawyer - bit harsh as we haven't seen him play yet... blink.gif

Eye witness accounts say that Blondi was give a poison capsule (Cyanide?), to test them, as Hitler did not trust the SS any longer and wanted to be sure the poison he was going to take, would work. Blondi's pups were shot. <end pedantry>

Back to business in hand, lets give the guy a chance, we were so blatantly in need of a left back on Tuesday night.

Valid point mate, but if Millen is here until the end of the season then the new manager isn't going to see him train or play.

Interesting you say you think Millen will be here after the appointment. He's survived Tinnion and Johnson going, would be very surprised to see him survive again. Nothing against the bloke, but would be lucky to survive two sackings!

totally agree. ok as c/manager. i think he should start in lower divisions 1 or 2 to start managing f/t

Archived