IGNORED

All Our Luck Used Up?

SimplyRed

I thought we used up most of our luck yesterday.

We were lucky with the pen.

We were lucky that Phillips was on top form.

We were lucky that the Doherty/Burnell substitution didn't cause too much damage, although it effectively handed control of midfield to the home side.

We need to stop relying on luck and start playing like we know we can. According the the EP, the lad's were "raring to go". Well, apart from the doc and Phillips, I didn't see any evidence of it, especially in the 2nd half, and by the end we were hanging on.

Even though we came away with a creditable draw, which we didn't really deserve, I was really disappointed that our side just can't seem to really motivate themselves for big games.

All credit to Hartlepool for taking the game to us, but I was under the impression we were going up there to win the game, not settle for a draw.

Fair enough we were lucky with the pen but that balanced out with their goal, even my scouser mate was a bit shocked at the blatant push in the back Robbo got of the 'pool defender at the start of that move.

Lucky with Phillips? Fair enough again he may not be the best keeper in the world, well he IS in the 2nd division. Blinding game and suprised that he didn't get mom, (It was always between him or 1 of our back 4).

Lucky with the Doc / Bell sub? No I don't think we were lucky, that's when the game developed into a pure defensive excercise.

Well done the lads, and supporters, but Hartlepool have been the shock contenders this season I think. And it just shows how good we can be at defending when necessary.

I'm a firm believer that you create your own luck, so on the basis of that, there is still plenty more available.

I don't think we were lucky at all. Decisions go for and against any given team all season long. It's a cliche but these things do tend to balance out

City did get the benefit of a poor refereeing decision - the penalty that wasn't given but the previous week against B'pool one was awarded against City after the player dived.

Luck does even itself over a season but that doesn't explain how/why City have had only one penalty awarded in thier favour all season of 50 odd games.Its remarkable.

Maybe we'll get one on Wednesday...... :whistle:

City did get the benefit of a poor refereeing decision - the penalty that wasn't given but the previous week against B'pool one was awarded against City after the player dived.

Luck does even itself over a season but that doesn't explain how/why City have had only one penalty awarded in thier favour all season of 50 odd games.Its remarkable.

Maybe we'll get one on Wednesday...... :whistle:

Could get a few if we dont score :wacko:

Archived