IGNORED

Roman Catholicism Paedophilia

Flaxbourton Red

what an utterly disgusting form of christianity

Thank God Henry VIII saved us from their vileness.

Shame on the bishop of rome

To be fair, all institutions/organisations have 'bad eggs' within them. I dare say even chartitable organisations have their own, vulgar, unprincipled careerists.

Just because there are a few bad Catholics, it doesn't mean all Catholics are bad.

To be fair, all institutions/organisations have 'bad eggs' within them. I dare say even chartitable organisations have their own, vulgar, unprincipled careerists.

Just because there are a few bad Catholics, it doesn't mean all Catholics are bad.

True but to dismiss it as just that is not being fair and not showing the whole picture. In the RC case it's top level policy. And that's the sting here. From a very senior level strict instructions were sent out that if any priest/bishop were to admit or assist in abuse investigations they'd be ex-communicated, creating a wall of silence and blocking justice. Equally any troublesome clergy were shielded from investigations by being moved to a new area, where they could prey on a new set of kids.

If this was isolated, you could acuse people of having an unfair dig at the RC church due to a few cases. But it's not - it's the systemic top-level cover up that's far more insidious and corrupt.

And there's more! Not only do the Church deem their reputation more important than innocent kids, but they also help create the environment that breeds this paedophilia:

- by covering up abuse they attract paedos to their clan - what other organisation would allow a pervert to not only have access to innocents, but then help cover it up when found out

- by forcing priests to abstain with sex with women (note that there's no explicit church rules to ban a priest from having sex with a boy - ironically it's too unnatural for them to consider the possibility) due to financial reasons (the church did not want to afford to support all the children priests were having due to the no contraception rule), where else is a weak-willed sexually frustrated clergy going to take their pent up 'energies' out on?

So yes, there of course are lots of good RC's. But that's almost despite the RC church itself rather than because of it. The principles of Christianity have been perverted by the RC church over millienia - the Spanish Inquisition, Corruption, immense wealth through political maneouvres, rule through control (ex-communications, confession, disempowerment), enlistment of the desperate (AA programmes) and so on and so on and so on. It's a massively wealthy and powerful organisation that for far too long has had far too much power throughout the World and been completely above the law. Although there's plenty of root level clergy who still practise the principles of Christianity, the top level has been found to be corrupt on so many occasions it's almost funny. I'm glad the tide is starting to turn.

It's children in Europe, but the rest of the world it's priests raping Nuns. Those who spoke out were then urged to stop rocking the boat!

http://www.independe...ies-688261.html

"Forced to acknowledge the problem, the Vatican has tried to play down its gravity".

I am not anti Church, indeed I am a Christian and serve on the Council of my local Church, it's just certain Church leaders I object to.

what an utterly disgusting form of christianity

Thank God Henry VIII saved us from their vileness.

Shame on the bishop of rome

St Augustine was sent by a Pope to convert us English to Christianity. Anyway.....

"No forreigne prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence within this realm."

English bill of rights 1689.

....that sentence does not just apply to the Pope but to the European Union as well. The European Union is illegal in this country.

Christianity spreads throughout the country and St Augustus is sent by the Pope to convert the English population

Christianity spreads throughout the country and St Augustus is sent by the Pope to convert the English population

Archived