IGNORED

Right Then

WesM

Agreed, Akinde,Riberio and Wilson are the obvious three that seem to be ready to step up, Wilson must be viewed as Careys replacement so what better time to bleed him in, as for the other two I think that we have some major talents their and should make the most of it

Top ten must be priority over playing kids - more money for finishing it in.

Sorry i dont agree with that attitude tbh, similar to the attitude GJ had at the end of last season.

Playing some youngsters dosnt automatically mean we will get battered in the last 6 games imo. Perferct oppurtunity to give them a go, i get a feeling Millen will aswell.

Top ten must be priority over playing kids - more money for finishing it in.

We have to start building for next season and although I know the club needs to be sensible with finances I don't think that finishing in the top ten or not will make any difference to the wage or transfer budget available to the next manager.

However, what you don't want to do is throw in three or four youngsters at the same time.

I would get the dead wood off the bench - by that I mean Maierhoffer, Johnson, Sproule and probably Sno who won't be here next season - get players like Akinde, Edwards, Artus, Wilson on there and look to give them 30-40 minutes.

It'll be invaluable experience for them and they won't get the same pre-season - some of those players have been needing the opportunity for two years and if you don't give them it now you never will.

Who are these kids, then?

Ribeiro is already in the side, James Wilson is injured again and Akinde has been in the 18 recently.

Of the others Artus and Plummer aren't good enough, leaving Joe Edwards, who is a right back so even if we did rest Orr we'd probably play Ribeiro there anyway.

Ignoring what other people said.

What is the break down for prize money this season?

Not entirely sure, but the top ten will get more if Newcastle & WBA go straight back up (next seasons parachute payments get div'd up between the rest.. but more if you are in the top ten)

Ribeiro is already in the side, James Wilson is injured again and Akinde has been in the 18 recently.

Of the others Artus and Plummer aren't good enough, leaving Joe Edwards, who is a right back so even if we did rest Orr we'd probably play Ribeiro there anyway.

Graham I know you watch the lads games often but you can't know that until they've had the chance in the first XI surely? Some players step up extremely quickly when they're put in at a higher standard and you can't tell which will do that until you give them the chance?

But anyway, why not have Akinde and Edwards on the bench ahead of some of the rest now we're safe?

.............Henderson

.....Wilson...Carey...Fontaine

Ribeiro..........................Sawyer

......Elliott...Hartley...Skuse

.........Haynes...Maynard

or

..............Henderson

Ribeiro....Wilson...Fontaine...Sawyer

Haynes..Hartley...Skuse...Campbell-Ryce

.........Clarkson...Maynard

what are the parachute payments from the prem, I cant find anything about either

£11.2 million for two seasons.

This may change to £16m first season and two years of £8m from this year. If Newcaslte & WBA go up we could net somewhere around £2m for being in top ten I think

Graham I know you watch the lads games often but you can't know that until they've had the chance in the first XI surely? Some players step up extremely quickly when they're put in at a higher standard and you can't tell which will do that until you give them the chance?

But anyway, why not have Akinde and Edwards on the bench ahead of some of the rest now we're safe?

Totally agree with you about Akinde and Edwards, as there is no point in Maierhofer or Sno, loan players with no chance of permanent deals, being involved again.

Artus and Plummer have had several disappointing loan spells in lower league football, and at 21 and 20 I just think they are both heading for the out door this summer.

what do we have to lose? Give them a chance to prove themselves or move them on.

Yeps very much agree, Next season starts here.

Which makes me think the sooner SL gets in a new gaffer the better isint it?, he's goona want as much time to assess the current players and consider his options, we all know this is a protracted affair, and then we'll soon see what players want it the most going into our final games, its important I think, There is something from the GJ era I hope the club continues to do, I hope we still bring in players with very strong work ethic and commitment we like to see a good tryer, and of course super balls skills is nice!

Heh, SL should take his time of course, but the clock is now ticking......:phone:

Nail on head.

Ribs is now in the team and Akinde might not be a million miles away so agree on those two. Shame Wilson is injured as would hvae been good to have a look at him aswell.

Might be an outide hout for hendo but dropping gerken would be harsh so no need to call him back to sit on bench when apparently he is doing pretty well and regularly playing out on loan

From what i hear though the rest have done absolutely nothing at lower league level on loan to suggest they should be anywhere near contention

infact i would rather see more of a fit clarkson

GET THE KIDS WHO ARE ON THE FRINGE IN THE SIDE,

WE ARE SAFE,

AKINDE, WILSON, HENDO, RIBS AND ANY OTHER PLAYER TO GAIN EXPERIENCE

THIS WOULD SAVE MILLIONS ON TRANSFERS IF THEY PROVE GOOD ENOUGH,

LETS DROP ALL THE LOANEES IF WE ARE NOT KEEPING THEM

ALSO LIKE TO SEE CLARKSON GIVEN A RUN

Ribero has proved that given the chance he can make the step up. Give some of the other young lads a chance to see if they can do the same. We havent got anything to play for so why not.

I agree with you but.... would City then be liable to a fine for "playing a weakened side"? If say Blackpool are trying to make the play offs and we had quite a few non 1st team regulars in our team when we played them, their rival might make an official complaint to the League.

I'd say definately give wilson a go and obviously continue to play ribeiro.

I want Akinde to be given an opportunity - but I also want Maynard and Haynes to build a partnership... which they appear to be doing.

the rest of the youngsters are clearly not near enough in terms of quality and it will do them no good whatsoever to play.

I'd say definately give wilson a go and obviously continue to play ribeiro.

I want Akinde to be given an opportunity - but I also want Maynard and Haynes to build a partnership... which they appear to be doing.

the rest of the youngsters are clearly not near enough in terms of quality and it will do them no good whatsoever to play.

I'd love to see Tristran given a go though, would be sad if he's offloaded without making a first team appearance, being a Bristol boy. Seen the ressies a few times and he always plays well, scored a couple of crackers earlier in the week.

Archived