IGNORED

Not Good Advert For 2nd Division Football.

Robbored

Having watched most of the Palace/Sunderland game and some of the Ipwhich/West Ham play-off game I have to say there is a huge difference in the standard of football between them and us.

City's game yesterday was very poor quality with neither team able to string more than 3 or 4 passes together all game and relying on "whoosh" tactics.It was scrappy and unattractive.Any nuetral fan watching the game would not be impressed.

I accept that there was alot at stake, but so was there in the 1st Division play-offs.

If City do get promoted - then at least 4 new players would need to be recruited if City want to stay up.

Having watched most of the Palace/Sunderland game and some of the Ipwhich/West Ham play-off game I have to say there is a huge difference in the standard of football between them and us.

City's game yesterday was very poor quality with neither team able to string more than 3 or 4 passes together all game and relying on "whoosh" tactics.It was scrappy and unattractive.Any nuetral fan watching the game would not be impressed.

I accept that there was alot at stake, but so was there in the 1st Division play-offs.

If City do get promoted - then at least 4 new players would need to be recruited if City want to stay up.

I can see your point and there is a big difference between the top 6 of this division and the top 6 of division 1, but the rest of the division is a different stroy, bar the top 7-10 there is very little that the first division has to offer in terms of Quality. I have watched a fair bit of Div 1 footy on telly and 1 game live at Baadif, but i have a couple of mates who are WBA season ticket holders and they reckon that the top two are far above anything else and what is outside the top 10 is dire and little better than this level.

I would not put too much emphasis on what you have seen of the div 1 playoffs as they are undoubtedly much better than we are at the moment, but over half that division is little if any better than we are.

I think a striker would see us survive, just. But 3-4 players should be able to see us comfortably safe in midtable along with Plymouth and QPR.

The commentators said that the Ipswich v West Ham game was one of the best Div One games of the season.

Our game with Hartlepool was one of the poorer games in Div Two this season, it would be fair to say.

At Ashton Gate it'll be a different story.

The commentators said that the Ipswich v West Ham game was one of the best Div One games of the season.

Our game with Hartlepool was one of the poorer games in Div Two this season, it would be fair to say.

At Ashton Gate it'll be a different story.

I'll agree with you on that one, and it defently will be a different story at the gate

Archived