IGNORED

Is Keith Playing A Canny Game?

City1970

Although I am delighted with the results since Johnson`s departure, I believe Millen is being canny.

Keith has changed the two most contentious things that have caused so much controversy among the City faithful this season during the last three games. Firstly, he has started Riberio during the last three games, this follows Johnson`s statement that "he will play the youngsters when they are ready". A lot of fans have been bemused why Riberio have not started more games this season.

Secondly, and the most contentious, Keith has played Hartley, Skuse and Elliott in the middle of midfield. This has left Gary Johnson`s ever present on the bench.

People power is something not to be underestimated, SL has reacted to the negativity. Now SL has to be canny and make his mind up as to who will lead us through the next period which is probably the most important period in the clubs history.

It is not just a case of replacing a manager, it could be a case of replacing the whole backroom staff. Is Pete Johnson the right scout etc?

The next phase in Bristol City is to move into a new stadium, fully move into new training facilities in Failand and possibly attract World Cup football and ensure Bristol City has a higher profile which can attract more talented footballers.

Is Keith that man or is it a more high profile manager?

How will Keith handle players with high egos?

Will Keith have contacts at Premier League clubs to obtain loan signings?

Will Keith spend wisely?

Will Keith try and have a settle side?

Who will Keith have as an assistant?

I am sure SL will be thinking of all these issues and more in the coming weeks.

This is a crucial time for us all. but one thing is for sure, and that is we will support City to the end.

Although I am delighted with the results since Johnson`s departure, I believe Millen is being canny.

Keith has changed the two most contentious things that have caused so much controversy among the City faithful this season during the last three games. Firstly, he has started Riberio during the last three games, this follows Johnson`s statement that "he will play the youngsters when they are ready". A lot of fans have been bemused why Riberio have not started more games this season.

Secondly, and the most contentious, Keith has played Hartley, Skuse and Elliott in the middle of midfield. This has left Gary Johnson`s ever present on the bench.

People power is something not to be underestimated, SL has reacted to the negativity. Now SL has to be canny and make his mind up as to who will lead us through the next period which is probably the most important period in the clubs history.

It is not just a case of replacing a manager, it could be a case of replacing the whole backroom staff. Is Pete Johnson the right scout etc?

The next phase in Bristol City is to move into a new stadium, fully move into new training facilities in Failand and possibly attract World Cup football and ensure Bristol City has a higher profile which can attract more talented footballers.

Will Keith spend wisely?

This is a crucial time for us all. but one thing is for sure, and that is we will support City to the end.

Nice. I enjoyed that, and you have rightly brought up some interesting points. I personally am delighted to see Riberio in the team, as well as sticking with that midfield trio of Hartley, Elliot and Skuse...

So yes he has been somewhat canny, but I still feel that we require a new experienced, respected, winner to manage the side come the start of next season. But fair play to Keith for what he's done with the team's confidence etc so far

could you explain how Millen has been in charge for 3 games yet Gary Johnsons ever present already has 9 less starts than Elliot, 12 less starts than Hartley and 15 less starts than Skuse?

Ask Swansea, Cardiff and Doncaster if Millen is playing a canny game. They all put at least 5 games past one of Millen's teams.

And Gary Johnson's ever present? You're talking about the man who was loaned out to Derby. Right?

Will Keith spend wisely?

Sorry but your post is Poor...Poor....Poor, as are your arguments!

BIG hole in your argument.......LJ has not been ever present this season....please check your facts before posting next time.

Ribeiro was very unlikeky to start as a regular at the begining of the season...as he was coming back from a nasty injury. He has been loaned out to keep fit most of this season....has gained much needed experience....and has come back to us a better player. Our injuries to other defenders have given him his chance....and he's taken it!

Yes people power should not be underestimated......but minority views like yours should be tempered into thinking a bit more...before you post.

You finish by adding you will support City to the end....i at least agree with that.....unfortunately there ae many on here that won't....if we apoint what they consider the wrong manager ...just as they threatened to rip up they're ST's if the last one hadn't left.......

innocent06.gif

You finish by adding you will support City to the end....i at least agree with that.....unfortunately there ae many on here that won't....if we apoint what they consider the wrong manager ...just as they threatened to rip up they're ST's if the last one hadn't left.......

innocent06.gif

And they are the numpties! I will get behind whoever is appointed, be it the one I want (Coppell), the ones I wouldn't mind (Curbishley, Burley) or the ones I dread (Millen, O'Driscoll and any of the other candidates). CTID! :trumpet:

Sorry but your post is Poor...Poor....Poor, as are your arguments!

BIG hole in your argument.......LJ has not been ever present this season....please check your facts before posting next time.

Ribeiro was very unlikeky to start as a regular at the begining of the season...as he was coming back from a nasty injury. He has been loaned out to keep fit most of this season....has gained much needed experience....and has come back to us a better player. Our injuries to other defenders have given him his chance....and he's taken it!

Yes people power should not be underestimated......but minority views like yours should be tempered into thinking a bit more...before you post.

innocent06.gif

It appears yourself and a few others have misunderstood the post.

Gary Johnsons "ever present" (meaning "being always present" in GJ thoughts) has indeed started the last three games on the bench. That is a fact. Where in the post does it say LJ has started every game under GJ? that was not the point.

I find it refreshing to see our best midfielders starting the last three games. I`m sure the majority of supporters would agree.

Riberio have been available for selection for a lot longer period than just the last week.

I am sure SL and the majority of supporters would like to know the answers to all the points regarding Millens attributes. If Millen has all the attributes listed then he should be considered for the job, because other managers who SL is considering may well have all the attributes listed.

The club is at a very important period in its history, we all need to look at the bigger picture and hope SL makes the right decision. I believe the majority of supporters would agree.

It is best to read and fully understand a post before rushing into a hastily written reply.

It appears yourself and a few others have misunderstood the post.

Gary Johnsons "ever present" (meaning "being always present" in GJ thoughts) has indeed started the last three games on the bench. That is a fact. Where in the post does it say LJ has started every game under GJ? that was not the point.

You can read Johnsons mind? That puts you at a bit of an unfair advantage then.

By ever present I thought you meant ever present. An easy mistake to make.

And they are the numpties! I will get behind whoever is appointed, be it the one I want (Coppell), the ones I wouldn't mind (Curbishley, Burley) or the ones I dread (Millen, O'Driscoll and any of the other candidates). CTID! trumpet.gif

Interesting, your 'dreads' are my first two choices at present!

Unsure about Coppells commitment, not keen on Burley and I have strong reservations about Curbishley.

Not criticising, it just shows how we all view things so differently. Truth is that any of the above could be brilliant or a complete disaster.

Archived