IGNORED

A New Red - Assistance Required

Brislingwood Red

If my F-in-l bought my son a Gas shirt. I would do the following:-

1. Get a steel waste-paper basket

2. Get lighter fluid and matches at the ready

3. Put Gas shirt in bin

4. Apply lighter fluid and solitary match.

And I would do this in front of him( I am not joking), whilst having the Wurzels at Volume 11.

He should respect your choices as a parent or stay the **** out of his grandchilds life. Otherwise he will run roughshod over you for the rest of his life.

As for the baby grow - I would have(in quotation mark - as though in commentary) " <name> dribbles down the right"

edit - congratulations on your forthcoming delivery :winner_third_h4h:

Just calmly and simply state that the hard life the father in law has had to suffer as a sag is no reason to perpetuate that child abuse down another generation and that your son or daughter will absolutely not ever support Rovers. Mention moving abroad, calling the NSPCC etc.

Get a baby vest and have "One Team in Bristol" printed on it. IN RED!! Put it in your partner's hospital bag so it can be used as the babber's first outfit. Take a pic and send it to the In-Laws immediately. Nip it in the bud I say.

To put your mind at rest you have nothing to fear - he'll never be converted. I have first hand experience.

I was born in Nottingham and watched Forest from a toddler until leaving when I was 10. We've moved to Bristol as all my Mum and Dad's family were Bristolians and still lived here. All my cousins were giving me grief as to whether I was gonna support Rovers or City - whole family were Gas apart from two. Decision was easy... the Gasheads were all mouth, and none of them actually went to matches, whereas my City fan cousins went down the Gate religioulsy (plus they used to buy me City kits even when I was still in Nottingham!!!).

Also, having watched football being played on the ground under Cloughie, I thought Rover's style of football was disgraceful!!! As the great man said "If God wanted football to be played in the clouds, he'd have put grass in the sky".

Some joker (and by that I mean pr1ck) that my ex wife worked with bought my eldest a R*vers kit for Christmas one year.

I kid you not, I went ballistic! To be fair, my eldest didn't want to wear it, but the evil one (the ex!) thought it was ******g hilarious and wound me up for ages about it. Eventually I found it in the bottom of the wardrobe, this is after the split now, so I got the rag and washed my car with it - and took photos of my girls in various City gear taking great delight in getting some serious dirt from my car so my ex could send it to the 'joker'.

Simple as mate, your child - you get first dibs. On saying that, as he / she grows up and decides that they don't want to be a City fan, I'd much rather they went to the dark side with Grampy than support one of the big boys.

As for the MIL, tell her to keep her snout out! Cheltenham won't be around by the time your little one grows up!

Whatever they give you, simply graciously accept and then promptly bin when they have gone. Trust me, you learn to do this with not just Rovers paraphinalia, but a whole assortment of knitted/market tat.

If it gets to the point where they offer to take the little one to watch Rovers, simply say no, i would. I loathe my little one wearing blue altogether and there would be no way he would ever watch them, unless City are destroying them at the time.

When your kid reaches about 3 and half, take them down the Gate, along with a carrier bag of sweets and fruit shoots. Your kid will have no interest in the football and be bored stupid, but simply pace out the bag treats till about 80 mins and then off you go. You will be surprised how soon they start to get excited about going to football with Dad and the whole event slowly supplements the need for chocolate (although i'm 30 and still scoff loads of crap during the game!). Soon your little one will be nothing but a red through and through, but try and get them in the east end as soon as, beacuase you want them to associate passion and standing with following football and not benile rubbish you get sat in the other stands, that can wait till their 40 and had their fun and games and yearn for the quiet life!

This is how i was doctorined into a life of unfulfuilment, abstract underachievement, god awful away grounds and spending to much money, but meeting the best people, having the best laughs of my life, getting up to all sorts of fun and forever greatful to my Dad and my uncle for forcing me down the gate when i was 3 and a half!

my little one is 7 months old and my mrs doesnt want him in football kits yet (although I will get him an england one for the world cup) - your son following your team is a birth right up and down the country - a grandfather is subservient to the father. He is your child, he follows in your footsteps. Without being too childish, there is no way I will put my boy in blue and white quarters.

Cheltenham at least arent too offensive, maybe they could be his second team at a push.

PS. get a baby grow done which says "I am a milk drinker"

PPS, good luck, and hope you get some sleep - the first night you are home will be like someone picking up your house, shaking it around for 10 hours, then putting it down again.

Si.

When your kid reaches about 3 and half, take them down the Gate, along with a carrier bag of sweets and fruit shoots. Your kid will have no interest in the football and be bored stupid, but simply pace out the bag treats till about 80 mins and then off you go. You will be surprised how soon they start to get excited about going to football with Dad and the whole event slowly supplements the need for chocolate (although i'm 30 and still scoff loads of crap during the game!).

Lots of sense in that. My children were bored during their first few games when they were very young but always wanted to go as they could wear their red shirts, have fish 'n' chips and paint their faces. A play on the swings to boot in Greville Smyth park meant going to the football was what they wanted, ...even if 90 minutes was a little long for them.

Lots of sense in that. My children were bored during their first few games when they were very young but always wanted to go as they could wear their red shirts, have fish 'n' chips and paint their faces. A play on the swings to boot in Greville Smyth park meant going to the football was what they wanted, ...even if 90 minutes was a little long for them.

My 6 year old daughter comes along when

1) I buy her something from the club shop

2) I have a bag full of sweets she can have

3) We go to Mcdonalds/KFC on the way home

She has normally had enough after about 70 minutes and the last 20 minutes she spends moaning, which means she fits right in...

My 6 year old daughter comes along when

1) I buy her something from the club shop

2) I have a bag full of sweets she can have

3) We go to Mcdonalds/KFC on the way home

She has normally had enough after about 70 minutes and the last 20 minutes she spends moaning, which means she fits right in...

Much like the players!

With my eldest I played One for the Bristol City so much that, at toddler group, when he was asked which nursery rhyme he wanted to sing he would ask for that. The whole group had to learn it - we lived in Swindle at the time too!

my misses is due to give birth in 4 weeks and her father thinks its having a west brom shirt. He has been kindly told to 'do one' and that my son is being a city fan. I suggest you do the same.

Yep - ask him what your new born would do with a window cleaning rag anyway!

I'm going to be serious here. It's not an issue I face as my outlaws don't like footie (FIL is an F1 fan, FFS) and my Mum knows that this is the minefield from hell and avoids!

It's your kid, it's your decision how you raise him/her, what you do about treats, punishments, manners, etc. Your responsibility to raise him/her and you (and Mrs you) will be paying for it.

So it's down to you to dress the kid in whatever. I'd simply say thanks, but I'd like my son/daughter raised as a red, if Grandad wants to try and convert the kid then let him try. But it's your child and I think your FIL is overstepping the mark, there's no difference here to him saying he wants it raised a Catholic 'cos he is when you are (say) a Baptist (or whatever).

Get your partner/missus to have a word, possibly with MIL, as this is really a small thing that could get out of hand.

One option is that the kid ends up liking both teams, rare but probably not unheard of. Or finally - let the kid decide when (s)he is old enough.

End of sermon innocent06.gif .

I'm going to be serious here. It's not an issue I face as my outlaws don't like footie (FIL is an F1 fan, FFS) and my Mum knows that this is the minefield from hell and avoids!

It's your kid, it's your decision how you raise him/her, what you do about treats, punishments, manners, etc. Your responsibility to raise him/her and you (and Mrs you) will be paying for it.

So it's down to you to dress the kid in whatever. I'd simply say thanks, but I'd like my son/daughter raised as a red, if Grandad wants to try and convert the kid then let him try. But it's your child and I think your FIL is overstepping the mark, there's no difference here to him saying he wants it raised a Catholic 'cos he is when you are (say) a Baptist (or whatever).

Get your partner/missus to have a word, possibly with MIL, as this is really a small thing that could get out of hand.

One option is that the kid ends up liking both teams, rare but probably not unheard of. Or finally - let the kid decide when (s)he is old enough.

End of sermon innocent06.gif .

With regards my missus having a word, she is also a SAG head!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, i have had what you call a beast !!

By the way Riaz - Hes scottish as well!!! haha.

With regards my missus having a word, she is also a SAG head!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, i have had what you call a beast !!

I don't think you're supposed to take the words literally when we sing that we're "going down the Rovers to do the *******......" You may have mis-understood

Oh ****, that adds a whole new dynamic to it

Your MIL's suggestion of Cheltenham might not be a bad idea!! I'd raise the kid knowing Mummy's blue and Daddy's red, and let the child decide when old enough. You'll probably end up with...a forkin' ManU fan

You have it easy mate. You only have to manage the in laws. Up until Mrs Hibbert fell pregnant with the now 16 month old Little Stanetta, she had a season ticket at Rovers herself. I've lost count of the "discussions" we've held in our house about who our daughter will support. Bottom line is, if I don't want to come home from work one day and find her in a blue and white quartered top (which would break my heart), I have to refrain from explicitly influencing her to support City.

For now, it makes me smile that she lifts her arms and shouts goooaaal (sort of) whenever any football is on the TV, even FIFA 10.

I know I'm putting off thinking about that inevitable day when she will make a choice, but I don't want her to be thinking she's making a choice between mum and dad as well as City v Rovers. Hopefully common sense will prevail eh.

You have it easy mate. You only have to manage the in laws. Up until Mrs Hibbert fell pregnant with the now 16 month old Little Stanetta, she had a season ticket at Rovers herself. I've lost count of the "discussions" we've held in our house about who our daughter will support. Bottom line is, if I don't want to come home from work one day and find her in a blue and white quartered top (which would break my heart), I have to refrain from explicitly influencing her to support City.

For now, it makes me smile that she lifts her arms and shouts goooaaal (sort of) whenever any football is on the TV, even FIFA 10.

I know I'm putting off thinking about that inevitable day when she will make a choice, but I don't want her to be thinking she's making a choice between mum and dad as well as City v Rovers. Hopefully common sense will prevail eh.

Stan - just bury the mrs under the patio - you'll then be free to influence Little Stanetta whichever way you choose and Mrs Hibbert won't be any the wiser. Simple.

Eventually your baby son or daughter will become ill with vomitting and diarrohea. That blue & white quartered outfit will be ideal clothing for those occasions and leave any City clothing for best wear & photo sessions. Don't forget to send a photo to the in laws for Christmas!

Not a difficult one really, the family name decides, thats why a supporters preference is passed from grandfather to father to son, if your misses father can't understand this then he doesn't know much about football. I take it you're a Bristolian? How can a scottish bloke think he can dictate to a Bristolian which team to support? he sounds a bit of a prat to me.

FIL sounds like typical gob-shite Gas

(don't call them sags, gashead was a term of abuse long before they took it on as a nickname, thick ****s)

Sweaty sox comes to Bristol, sucks up to chairman and supports his team, god you must hate that man.

Just tell him, as politely as you can, thats its **** all to do with him, and if he doesn't want a lifelong family split then to keep his big stinking whiskey soaked snout out of your business. That should do it!

If in doubt ask big Chaffbruce_h4h.gif

Archived