IGNORED

Shortlist Has Been Decided

iWurzel

Received the following in the post today - must mean that we already have a shortlist. Though not sure how I didn't get on it!

26812_411690644186_540569186_5062996_165667_n.jpg

Ha ha! Quality! CS actually had to sign it himself. Sorry to hear about your setback though. There are plenty more jobs out there. :fingerscrossed:

I sent a letter which I will add to this when I'm back at my work PC

And I'm not applying to Peterborough - I'm afraid I might get the job.

Wardie - sounds like you might make the select few! If you're looking for a right hand man....

Haha Kev, the team disbanded under your management I believe!

Here was my original and unabridged letter:

Dear Mr. Lansdown

RE: Job Vacancy

I am writing to register my interest in the recently vacated managerial position at the club.

I am currently in a position with another employer, but I'm sure a suitable compensation package could be arranged were I to be the successful candidate in your search for a new first team manager.

Despite the fact that I am currently employed as a Management Accountant, I feel I have numerous skills that I have developed in my current role which would be of benefit were I to take this next venture along my career path, two of which I have helpfully summarised below:

•I have an excellent knack for mental arithmetic. I would therefore be very good at choosing and implementing solid, practical formations. For example, I would immediately know that a 6-9-12 formation would not be as effective as, say, a 4-4-2, due to the fact that we probably couldn't get away with fielding 27 players in addition to Dean Gerken.

•I would keep a keen eye on the finances, thus freeing up more of your time. This should aid in creating an atmosphere of harmony at the club as you will be less stressed during working hours due to the reduction in your own workload.

I also feel that I have made some excellent progress in my lengthy (albeit virtual) football management career. Highlights include taking Sheffield Wednesday to the lofty heights of 14th in League Two following their consecutive relegations under Brian Laws, and also managing to get 6 goals in a single season from Francis Jeffers. Need I go on?

The only slight hiccup is that I would need to reimburse my current employers for the cost of the training I have undertaken in my current role. I would hope that should we be able to agree personal terms, the club might offer to make some contribution towards my expense, as I am a little short this month already.

I look forward to hearing from you. I will press my suit ready for the press conference just in case you are looking for a quick decision to be announced following the interview.

Not even a interview? How rude!

Archived