IGNORED

New Manager, Could It Be?

potbelly

Could it be that no outstanding managers have actually applied?

Maybe some of the names have either applied or been approached but their initial pitch for wages or backroom staff was too rich for us.

I find it hard to believe that if one outstanding candidate had been earmarked by the board, he is not already been given the job.

Does it mean that we are waiting for someone already in a job (SoD) or is Millen really such a stong contender?

I think there will be a merry-go-round of manager movement soon and a lot of managers will be in the mix, SL might just be holding on for the melle of potential unemployed managers. We would be in a stronger position and an unemployed manager is more likely to apply and you wont have to pay compensation either.

More likely I'd have thought - "dozens of quality applicants", wasn't it?dunno.gif

I agree. SL knows how important this appointment is and doesn't want to make a hasty call. The cost of terminating the wrong manager's contract would be high in both financial terms and in terms of the instability and uncertainty it would undoubtedly cause. KM's success thus far has effectively bought SL some more deliberation and negotiation time. Keep the faith.

Perhaps Potbelly is our new YESSIR who knows ??? Something strange about this ..

Strange indeed, just looks like another post of mundane speculation.

Or is there something to be read between the lines of potbelly's seemingly banal comments that I've missed?dunno.gif

I hope Lansdown is picking out the guy he wants and thinks will do the best job for the club.

Johnson was an inspirational and surprising choice and proved his judgment to be sound. I trust him to do the same thing again but he needs time to choose the right person. That may be Millen by the way but we have time to see - so let's take that time.

Maybe some of the names have either applied or been approached but their initial pitch for wages or backroom staff was too rich for us.

I find it hard to believe that if one outstanding candidate had been earmarked by the board, he is not already been given the job.

Does it mean that we are waiting for someone already in a job (SoD) or is Millen really such a stong contender?

As soon as Millen got the 'extra four games', I stated on another thread that it suggested to me that SL had narrowed the search down to either Millen, O'Driscoll, or some other manager currently in employment. Nothing I have heard since has changed my opinion. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, as the only three candidates that I would personally choose are all currently unemployed. :juggle:

Hopefully SL is taking time to make the correct choice. Although the appointment of Johnson was inspired, lets not forget that SL also has one big mistake under his belt. Unfortunately, nothing points towards an out of work manager (Coppell would be my choice). Millen, SOD or someone else? McClaren maybe? Can he definately be ruled out?

I reckon we are waiting for our man,gut feeling we are giving Sean O'drisccol time,play-offs are hindering the situation,yesterdays loss was our benifit.

We can wait as long as it takes.

I reckon we are waiting for our man,gut feeling we are giving Sean O'drisccol time,play-offs are hindering the situation,yesterdays loss was our benifit.

We can wait as long as it takes.

O`Driscoll has a simlar track record to Johnson. What is there to gain?

Archived