IGNORED

For Those Not At Game Yesterday

cityhead

some people are arguing that the challenge was excusable as a 50/50 challenge.

watch this and see for yourself that tyson still had 5ft to go when gerken plays the ball.

deano was always going to get the ball first - obviously no intenttion to play the ball by tyson

MOD NOTE: PLEASE DON'T POST LINKS TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL (Link Removed)

I was at the game and that video proves my first reaction to be correct - absolutely DISGUSTING CHALLENGE*

Thanks for the link as i was out watching David Haye when Football League Show was on and this is the first replay i've seen :yes:

*Although this word does not do that common asssault like act any justice at all!

Doesn't prove anything, not a great challenge, but certainly not intentional, more a case of wet pitch, momentum and bad luck.

Just noticed that David Kelly is the Forest Assistant Manager - Talk about all of our bad luck omens in one place!

Doesn't prove anything, not a great challenge, but certainly not intentional, more a case of wet pitch, momentum and bad luck.

Just noticed that David Kelly is the Forest Assistant Manager - Talk about all of our bad luck omens in one place!

Arrrrggghh David Kelly..... no wonder we cant beat them... he has to be my all time most hated player

Dissagree - there is atleast 5frt between them when gerks plays ball.

mods - surely all links are copyrighted material, please explain as I have no wish to cause problems.

Sorry, but in my honest opinion you're wrong. At the game yesterday I was one of the many calling for a red, but having seen it on the Football League Show last night and slowing it down, pausing etc, both players began their slide for the ball at the exact same moment, but Deano was simply closer and won the race. It also looks like Tyson realised he wasn't going to get there in time and pulled his leading leg back so as not to catch him with his studs. On that surface there was no way he could have stopped himself. Ironically Deano would possibly not have been quite so badly injured had he been caught with the studs than he was having been caught by the knee.

I know the actions of some others have left a bitter taste in everyones mouths, mine included, but that's no excuse to be unreasonable and not look at things with a more balanced view in the cold light of day. Having seen it, I see it as nothing less than a 50/50 on a slippery surface that just went wrong. Not that that excuses their poisoned dwarf manager and inbred fans though.

Archived