IGNORED

Just Watching Ss1

Premiership or Bust

we are 8 points behind Leicester in 6th and 9 behind Swansea in 5th with 4 games and 12 points to play for.

have to rely on those teams and Blackpool and Middlesborough all dropping a lot of points! which wont happen

higher we can finish the better though!

a shot? we need a miracle, but it is still do-able

can cardiff get deducted 10 pounts for entering administration? when is their court date?

May 5th.

Any deduction would now run over into next season. Cut off for this season was 27th March I think.

Sounds like the Maylasian is going to bail them out at high court. :closedeyes:

Shame. I was never aware there was a cut-off unsure.gif

There was one put in place after Leeds tried to go into admin when already mathmatically down.. and thus avoid it the folowing season.

There was one put in place after Leeds tried to go into admin when already mathmatically down.. and thus avoid it the folowing season.

Gets on my t*ts that does.

Deduction should be in place to have maximum impact - i.e. prevent a promotion, or even a chance of promotion.

Cardiff would rather carry over a points deduction to next year if they win the playoffs ... and that's what they'll get.

EDIT: read on a couple of forums that the league have discretion on when the deduction is applied, so they ought to bring some clarity on this soon.

It'll be very interesting to see what does happen if baardiff do go belly up. Would the welsh FA be able to step in and decide the punishment for them?

EDIT: Just found this article which sheds some light on it

Football League clubs have until the fourth Thursday in March to go into administration, or they will have their ten-point deduction suspended. Clubs who take the step before March 26 will be penalised immediately. If they wait until after that date, the situation changes. Initially, no deduction will be made and they will play out the season as normal.

If they are subsequently relegated, they will start the next season on minus-ten points. However, if they finish outside the drop zone, the ten points will be taken off after the final game of the season.

Gets on my t*ts that does.

Deduction should be in place to have maximum impact - i.e. prevent a promotion, or even a chance of promotion.

Cardiff would rather carry over a points deduction to next year if they win the playoffs ... and that's what they'll get.

EDIT: read on a couple of forums that the league have discretion on when the deduction is applied, so they ought to bring some clarity on this soon.

The league have in the past closed a similar relegation loophole (if you get relegated anyway, the penalty is carried over).

The deadline exists so that clubs cannot know their fate when they make that decision.

No reason to think that the same won't apply for promotion, it just hasn't come up yet.

In all honesty, Cardiff are not going up auto and not going to beat Forest in the playoffs.

Without promotion they are royally ******.

They can't pay the tax man unless someone invests and the state they're in that might as well be considered a donation, because there is more chance of a return betting on a donkey in the grand national.

They can't get away with paying the taxman any less than 100% without being wound up.

They are fresh out of timeouts, the deadline is set.

Everything is mortgaged to hell and back.

There is no way they can have the money by the deadline without the malay businessman taking leave of his senses - and what exactly is in it for him? He could buy two better clubs for the price of clearing Cardiff's debt.

I think the cut off date only comes into play if the club may go down. If they are safe they still take the deduction I believe

I thought it was worst case scenario, so they don't get the points deducted unless it makes them go down or keeps them down? can any clear this up?

If I was Johnny Foreigner I would only invest if promotion gaurenteed, as that is the only way to gaurentee getting my money back due to prem tv money and possible parachute payments.

Court date is after last game of season, but before play off games.

If administration after last game of season, points deduction 'could' effect who are in play offs.

Football league need to get this clarified other wise I suspect there will be one hell of a legal battle from Baardiff.

This is the only interesting aspect for the rest of the season for me.

If I was Johnny Foreigner I would only invest if promotion gaurenteed, as that is the only way to gaurentee getting my money back due to prem tv money and possible parachute payments.

Court date is after last game of season, but before play off games.

If administration after last game of season, points deduction 'could' effect who are in play offs.

Football league need to get this clarified other wise I suspect there will be one hell of a legal battle from Baardiff.

This is the only interesting aspect for the rest of the season for me.

Two points:

Promotion won't guarantee a return, far from it. If they fluked it up they might cover their existing debts but only if they don't spend though. It could make things worse - if they spend to stay up but go down for example.

Also, you can't have a legal battle with a club that doesn't exist any more :)

Asi've said before, the Malaysian chappy will be waiting to see if they go up. Promotion to the Prem, he has a reason to invest. Failure in the play offs and he's not going to bother. The play off final could be the final throw of the dice for Cardiff City FC, heavy stuff

May 5th.

Any deduction would now run over into next season. Cut off for this season was 27th March I think.

Sounds like the Maylasian is going to bail them out at high court. closedeyes.gif

If they do not pay up on or by Wednesday 5th May, Cardiff will be wound up. That was announced at their last court hearing. That means league ruling 12.2.2 takes effect.

12.2.2 during the period between the end of the Normal Playing Season and the conclusion of the last Play-Off Match for that Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that Season shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members

If they do not pay up on or by Wednesday 5th May, Cardiff will be wound up. That was announced at their last court hearing. That means league ruling 12.2.2 takes effect.

12.2.2 during the period between the end of the Normal Playing Season and the conclusion of the last Play-Off Match for that Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that Season shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members

Hmm so would 7th place get the last play off spot by that theory?

Archived