Middlesborough Coventry

Preston v Leicester

Sheff Utd v Swansea

Peterborough v Blackpool

Final day, Sunday 2 nd May

Blackpool v City

Leicester v Middlesborough

Swansea v Doncaster

It is possible Blackpool could lose to Forrest, and indeed City on the Final day, however you would expect them to beat Peterborough. Swansea and Leicester however look as though they could win their two games before the 2nd May, confirming their playoff place in advance of the final day. Middlesborough have difficult games versus West Brom, and away to Leicester on the final day. Therefore I'd say City are in fact in a good position to finish 7th ahead of Middlesborough and Blackpool, if City manage to beat the latter on the final day, and Middlesborough lose to Leicester. To me that would be a good final position, and something I wouldn't have though was possible 2 months ago. We could even finish level on points with 6th place, but of course goal difference would come in to play, and I think every city fan knows that we could write off being the better off, if that's the case.

On another note I think next season could be interesting. With Newcastle West Brom and possibly Forest being replaced with Portsmouth, Hull, and perhaps Burnley, and the bottom three being replaced with Norwich as well as Millwall, Leeds, Swindon, or Charlton (which throws up some pretty interesting table predictions for next season), City (so long as they are consistent, and appoint the right man to take charge) look as though they could make the playoffs next year (Although I admit it's far to early to be talking about that). I know this is my personal opinion but I would not say this is unrealistic , particularly when you take in to account that we would probably be in the playoffs this year, if Gary Johnson had jumped / been sacked slightly earlier.

Perhaps I'm just in the clouds after a poor season, particularly with a poor run of results in the first part of 2010, but you just never know, in the closest league of the English football pyramid...

Spot on Mr Gow, there was some on here who even stated we should keep GJ till the end of the season. There reason being that anyone else running the side would unsettle the players!!!!!

AGREE WITH YOU BOTH.

Should have gone long ago, he's been the one holding the club back, still that's forgotten now.

All we can do is win our 3 games and hope for the best, either way we are looking good for a top 10 finish, which is THANKS to KEITH MILLEN who has turned this club around in a very short time.

If GJ would have been given the boot at the end of February which he should have we still could have been in there.

Yes if it was'nt for so many happy clappers backing Johnson .

Those same so and so's who openly abused the Johnson out brigade.

Anyway glad thats out my system now, will be the last ever time i comment on it disapointed2se.gif

Spot on Mr Gow, there was some on here who even stated we should keep GJ till the end of the season. There reason being that anyone else running the side would unsettle the players!!!!!

AGREE WITH YOU BOTH.

Should have gone long ago, he's been the one holding the club back, still that's forgotten now.

All we can do is win our 3 games and hope for the best, either way we are looking good for a top 10 finish, which is THANKS to KEITH MILLEN who has turned this club around in a very short time.

Sorry to piss on your chips lads but everyone seemed to want Millen out aswell. Good job their wish wasn't granted.

I'm nursing a semi just thinking about the run in!

dancing6.gif Made me laugh...your cup is obviously half full.

The clear answer is almost certainly not. However could someone explain the Cardiff City financial situation to me (I am a long way away and dont always get the news) Are they likely to go Bancrupt before the seson ends??

Anyway glad thats out my system now, will be the last ever time i comment on it disapointed2se.gif

Yeah, they way they supported that asshole Johnson got right up my nose, when will we learn supporting managers is pointless.

dancing6.gif Made me laugh...your cup is obviously half full.

The clear answer is almost certainly not. However could someone explain the Cardiff City financial situation to me (I am a long way away and dont always get the news) Are they likely to go Bancrupt before the seson ends??

I don't think so...unfortunately!

Sorry to piss on your chips lads but everyone seemed to want Millen out aswell. Good job their wish wasn't granted.

but I think that everyone was realistic to believe and understand that when Johnson got the bullet, Millen was going to take over, even if it was only short-term until a new manager came in.

We're mean't to feel guilty about supporting the manager of our club until the chairman decided it was time to change it? Sorry to disappoint you but I dont.

I supported Johnson because I trusted Lansdown to change it when the time was right. I support Millen now because he is the manager and he has a better chance with my support than without it. I'll support him or the new manager next season because again they have a better chance of success with the support of the fans. And I'm all for giving whoever is the manager the best chance of success because it benefits my club in the long run.

I think we could maybe win 3 matches... but at the same time Swansea shouldn't gain more than 2 points in 3 games (possible..they're not in a good form) ,and Blackpool + Boro should do worse than us (more difficult... maybe if it was only one team it would be easier).

Like I said in another topic,I want the team to do the best effort in these matches ...then we will see what happens. :)

We're mean't to feel guilty about supporting the manager of our club until the chairman decided it was time to change it? Sorry to disappoint you but I dont.

I supported Johnson because I trusted Lansdown to change it when the time was right. I support Millen now because he is the manager and he has a better chance with my support than without it. I'll support him or the new manager next season because again they have a better chance of success with the support of the fans. And I'm all for giving whoever is the manager the best chance of success because it benefits my club in the long run.

Trust your own judgement. On the matchday we all support City.

Archived