IGNORED

East End Stewarding

awilko

Dont know about any one else but they were getting right on my nerves today, 3 of them (one fat bloke and one bloke with a pony tail especially) just kept constantly walking up and down telling people to sit in seats but then stood near the front blocking who ever was sat in first few rows view, they tell people to sit down then get in the way so you then have to stand to see.

I saw one bloke ask them to move several times, i thought they were there to steward and watch the crowd not the match, they seem to have more and more now which means they all seem to do less and less.

Not saying its an easy job but when City are paying out alot of money you done expect them to stand in your way and block the match.

Dont know about any one else but they were getting right on my nerves today, 3 of them (one fat bloke and one bloke with a pony tail especially) just kept constantly walking up and down telling people to sit in seats but then stood near the front blocking who ever was sat in first few rows view, they tell people to sit down then get in the way so you then have to stand to see.

I saw one bloke ask them to move several times, i thought they were there to steward and watch the crowd not the match, they seem to have more and more now which means they all seem to do less and less.

Not saying its an easy job but when City are paying out alot of money you done expect them to stand in your way and block the match.

I would have thought getting people to sit down in the ee would have been a 90 minute job and they would not have had time to stand around at the front!!

I think when they squash us over like they did today people stand in the walkways and that is what they were trying to prevent (helath and safety and all that).

Seem to notice the same few standing around near the front lately whilst they send all the others for the walkabouts, they must be in there with the bosses, watch City and get paid for the privilege, nice work if you can get it i suppose!!!

Not allowed to stand in the gap between the blocks they said...

get behind the line they kept saying.... why? health & safety rubbish!

if theres a stretcher that needs to get through, you'll be in the way. If theres a stretcher, i'll get out of the way.... magic!

I would have thought getting people to sit down in the ee would have been a 90 minute job and they would not have had time to stand around at the front!!

I think when they squash us over like they did today people stand in the walkways and that is what they were trying to prevent (helath and safety and all that).

This really angers me. It seems the biggest health and safety risk of all!!

It gets so cramped in there so people need to stand on the steps, and when the stewards push the people on the stairs into the seats it sometimes means you have 2-3 people standing in front of 1 seat! A few weeks ago it was the same and when we scored my girlfriend got trampled on when we scored and twisted her ankle badly. Have been thinking of writing to the club about it.

With endless empty seats (at most games) there is no need to fill the steps between blocks of seats. My kids sit on the left side of seating blocks (when facing the pitch) so they get a largely uninterrupted view of the pitch which otherwise might be blocked by taller adults around them. Its a bit of a pain when a couple of 6-foot chaps turn up and stand on the steps next to us because I think its right to expect the area to remain clear.

Most of the time the stewards do nothing about it, so when they do its all a bit confusing.

Given the club let everyone in the EE stand in seating areas, I personally think its taking the pi55 a bit for supporters to then fill the gangways and steps. If we keep it up I can see us, long-term, being asked to sit at all times.

If we keep it up I can see us, long-term, being asked to sit at all times.

You honestly think that would work? They tried it when it first opened, and then gave up. Then started to tell everyone that it would be closed down etc etc (still no club in england have had a home section closed or reduced due to standing)

An unforceable rule.

Maybe if standing worries clubs so much they should join forces with the FSF to attempt to change the rules.

You honestly think that would work? They tried it when it first opened, and then gave up. Then started to tell everyone that it would be closed down etc etc (still no club in england have had a home section closed or reduced due to standing)

An unforceable rule.

Maybe if standing worries clubs so much they should join forces with the FSF to attempt to change the rules.

I didn't say it would work.

With endless empty seats (at most games) there is no need to fill the steps between blocks of seats. My kids sit on the left side of seating blocks (when facing the pitch) so they get a largely uninterrupted view of the pitch which otherwise might be blocked by taller adults around them. Its a bit of a pain when a couple of 6-foot chaps turn up and stand on the steps next to us because I think its right to expect the area to remain clear.

Most of the time the stewards do nothing about it, so when they do its all a bit confusing.

Given the club let everyone in the EE stand in seating areas, I personally think its taking the pi55 a bit for supporters to then fill the gangways and steps. If we keep it up I can see us, long-term, being asked to sit at all times.

When we have the normal amount of blocks to stand in very few if any stand in the aisles. However when we are only given two blocks and rammed in the corner then people will stand in the gangways. Really it's upto the club what they want; 2 blocks and people stood on the aisles or 3 blocks and everyone in the seats.

When we have the normal amount of blocks to stand in very few if any stand in the aisles. However when we are only given two blocks and rammed in the corner then people will stand in the gangways. Really it's upto the club what they want; 2 blocks and people stood on the aisles or 3 blocks and everyone in the seats.

Lot of truth in that.

Also, from my own observation, it seems that those in the aisles place themselves next to their mates who are 'sitting' at the end of blocks. They don't necessarily want to be in the aisles, they just miss their mates.

Lot of truth in that.

Also, from my own observation, it seems that those in the aisles place themselves next to their mates who are 'sitting' at the end of blocks. They don't necessarily want to be in the aisles, they just miss their mates.

Add to that places that they would normally be able to occupate being taken when they go in. The last 2 games i've had to stand in the aisles because were i would normally go is full by the time i get in. A steward yesterday did tell me that the police decide how many blocks we get for each match. Not entirely true imo as against some of the more 'high risk' games were we are going to sell out there has been less segregation room than that. The netting is taking over.

They are complete and utter cretins, ok they have a job to do, but the way they try to stamp their authority on some of the young uns is plain bullying, SOME are a joke.

I used to steward Atyeo for three years the problem is some people let the authourity go to there head there are some real ***** who steward down there & that includes some of the senior ones.

Not allowed to stand in the gap between the blocks they said...

get behind the line they kept saying.... why? health & safety rubbish!

if theres a stretcher that needs to get through, you'll be in the way. If theres a stretcher, i'll get out of the way.... magic!

you pay your money for a seat so why not use it.would you go in a shop pay for a itiem but not take it with you. NO. so stewards are right

An unforceable rule.

look what happened at hillsbourgh.thats why theres health& saftey issue.

you pay your money for a seat so why not use it.would you go in a shop pay for a itiem but not take it with you. NO. so stewards are right

I don't pay money for a seat. I pay money to be let in the ground. I can't stand sitting down for 90 mnutes (excuse the unintentional pun) and it ruins the atmosphere.

Hillsborough was caused by police letting too many fans in and being crushed because the fencing did not allow people to escape. It woud still have happened had there been 'seats'.

I don't pay money for a seat. I pay money to be let in the ground. I can't stand sitting down for 90 mnutes (excuse the unintentional pun) and it ruins the atmosphere.

quote me if im wrong. but isnt there a seat &row number on all tickets. atyeo.dolman williams.unreserved in wedlocks

Hillsborough was caused by police letting too many fans in and being crushed because the fencing did not allow people to escape. It woud still have happened had there been 'seats'.

yes correct. also too many people standind in one area

I seriously think you need to look into what really happened. Might learn a thing or two then.

Take germany for example, lovely safe standing and no problems at all.

But hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of things.

For example, that Sheffield Wednesday Football Club did not have a valid and up-to-date safety certificate at the time of the game.

Why was the Leppings Lane capacity never re-assessed by safety advisors, in spite of police recommendations in 1981?

The Taylor report states standing is not "intrinsically unsafe".

How can something like below be unsafe? How are you meant go anywhere?

standing.jpg

If it is so unsafe, how come peteboro are allowed it? If they stayed up for another two seasons it would had been deemed unsafe? How? What changes?

How is rovers terrace unsafe? How is exeters terrace unsafe?

How is standing in the east end unsafe?

quote me if im wrong. but isnt there a seat &row number on all tickets. atyeo.dolman williams.unreserved in wedlocks

Your right, my st has a seat number on it.... only thing is, i am not allowed to take that seat due to over exuberant netting. So alternative place must be sought, not our fault that the club/police decide to squeeze everybody into a corner, but it is us who suffer.

I have a seat and row number on my ST in the East End. However, I don't shell out on a season ticket each year to sit in a specific seat. I pay so I can get through the turmstyles to watch my team. Each to their own, but I prefer standing, as do most fans in the East End. If designated safe-standing areas were allowed, it would solve the problem. However, it seems there is a lack of political will, due to misconceptions about tragedies such as Hillsborough being caused by standing.

Your right, my st has a seat number on it.... only thing is, i am not allowed to take that seat due to over exuberant netting. So alternative place must be sought, not our fault that the club/police decide to squeeze everybody into a corner, but it is us who suffer.

i would ask the for a alternative seat as yous is univailable as u said its not your fault

I dont pay for a seat - I pay to watch city.

There was'nt enough space so I was on the end of a block and occasionally "didnt keep behind the line" - big deal.

Bollocks

Hillsborough was caused by too many fans being allowed into the area by the police and stewards.

It would have been far worse if this was in a seating area

Countries around Europe have safe standing areas and they manage to stand every week without problem

And independant safety asssesment was carried out at the request of Manchester United and it said standing and sitting for the whole game is a low safety risk. Sitting then jumping up for a goal or 'moment of excitement' (which btw has still yet to be confirmed what is a moment of excitement) is a medium risk.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about

Honestly, i've told you enough times, STAY OFF THE YELLOW! :disapointed2se::tongue:

I have just got it - When they are not playing "Little men with hi viz vests so I have power" at Ashton they are all TRAFFIC WARDENS!!!! Thats why they dont like anybody or anything stopping on the yellow!!!!

Think this is another area that Steve, needs to look at pretty pronto................

dancing6.gif

I have just got it - When they are not playing "Little men with hi viz vests so I have power" at Ashton they are all TRAFFIC WARDENS!!!! Thats why they dont like anybody or anything stopping on the yellow!!!!

Think this is another area that Steve, needs to look at pretty pronto................

dancing6.gif

As i said previously there are a few ***** who steward down there, but when i used to do it was for the love of the club there not on good money most of them are genuine fans its just certain ones love the power. Stewarding stops having to pay for Police presence. Every police officer in the ground costs BCFC, outside the club don't have to pay.

As i said previously there are a few ***** who steward down there, but when i used to do it was for the love of the club there not on good money most of them are genuine fans its just certain ones love the power. Stewarding stops having to pay for Police presence. Every police officer in the ground costs BCFC, outside the club don't have to pay.

And what training do you have to go through to be a steward?

And what training do you have to go through to be a steward?

A days training Police, fire awareness Keith Draisey man in charge walk around the ground. It's different now i know last time i steward PNE at Ashton Gate when they got promotion that season. My claim to fame New Zealand/Tonga game rugby world cup. I helped walk of Loma when all the fans invaded the pitch i just wanted his autograph. It's changed since then because of Westlife ETC. There is your answer when i did it.

Archived