IGNORED

East End Stewarding

awilko

I dont pay for a seat - I pay to watch city.

There was'nt enough space so I was on the end of a block and occasionally "didnt keep behind the line" - big deal.

You did keep behind the line most of the time, others didnt. you only got asked to move back if the gangways were blocked, by a few who stood in the middle of said gangways. Fussy stewarding I know, and I dont particularly agree with it, but its there. I am assuming A & S Police & B C C rules? clubs gotta attempt to keep it clear.

compromise is the way forward on the issue. complain about the officious bastards and work with the good ones, they usually are in the EE to be honest

Yes, because they were penned into that area and could not get out. The pens either side were half empty. It wasnt the fans fault it was the way we as football fans were treated that caused it.

Before my time but as you say pens to the side half empty. As I understand it, it was the radial fences that were the key issue- had there been no radial fences then fans could have escaped to the side.

Yes and we used to have these pens everywhere. I remember once at Swindon when they use to put us on the side opposite there tunnel, once a pen was full the police would basically lock you in. Hard to believe i know, and they wondered why it used to go off in the ground each week. We were treated like caged animals so at times had to behave that way just to try and get out.

you pay your money for a seat so why not use it.would you go in a shop pay for a itiem but not take it with you. NO. so stewards are right

I pay my money to watch my team not for a seat, I likes to stand and so do at least 90% of ciderheads in the EE so what a stupid comment.

In theory the stewards ARE right to attempt to enforce the seating rule as it is a ground regulation, but it is the ground regulation that is plainly wrong and extremely frustrating for thousands of football fans up and down the country, those who wish to stand AND those who wish to sit!

In all the years i have been in the seated EE not once has a steward told me to sit. As bring back the robin said the stewards did try to stop people standing when it was very first re-opened and it failed terribly. Ever since the stewards have given up and 95% of people have stood without issue's other than not being allowed to actually stand on the seats themselves which is a fair comment.

I think people are making a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill to be honest. Ok so a few people have been told to keep the gangways clear? Its just the same as the little tap you get on the shoulder when you stand on the seats.. Unless people are actually getting thrown out for it then i dont see it being a problem.

Archived