IGNORED

Late Goals

BrizzleRed

We got used to GJ saying we'd been "unlucky", or the players had "switched off", or "lost concentration" in the last few minutes when we were conceding late goals in so many games this season.

Funny how we are now looking so much more secure in the last few minutes with the same players on the pitch! It seems clear that the players are perfectly capable of defending after all and all those desperate punts out of defence which always invited the opposition back on the attack must have been due to orders, not the players inability to use their heads.

It's obvious KM is seeing the same game as the fans and most likely the players too and this is probably why there seems to be a renewed togetherness about the team. We've been playing far more intelligently at the end of games and it's far better on the nerves to see us keeping possession, rather than defending wave after waves of opposition attacks.

I'm pleased to report my fingernails are now growing back well!!!

Well done lads, it shows you can do it.

We got used to GJ saying we'd been "unlucky", or the players had "switched off", or "lost concentration" in the last few minutes when we were conceding late goals in so many games this season.

Funny how we are now looking so much more secure in the last few minutes with the same players on the pitch! It seems clear that the players are perfectly capable of defending after all and all those desperate punts out of defence which always invited the opposition back on the attack must have been due to orders, not the players inability to use their heads.

It's obvious KM is seeing the same game as the fans and most likely the players too and this is probably why there seems to be a renewed togetherness about the team. We've been playing far more intelligently at the end of games and it's far better on the nerves to see us keeping possession, rather than defending wave after waves of opposition attacks.

I'm pleased to report my fingernails are now growing back well!!!

Well done lads, it shows you can do it.

Spot on.

Makes me wonder if under the previous manager there was an unconcious fear amongst the players, with heigthened stress and anxiety about making errors. Professor Willie Railo's well know psychological theory 'fear of failure'.

In the past, during the last few mins, how many times when under pressure did we see City players panicking and lumping the ball away with no City player up the pitch? That hasn't happened at all since Millen took charge. It been said in other threads that the players seem to be playing with more freedom and in a more relaxed way and no longer concededing late goals. Confidence is high.Thats not a co-incidence imo.

It been said in other threads that the players seem to be playing with more freedom and in a more relaxed way and no longer concededing late goals. Confidence is high.Thats not a co-incidence imo.

An interesting dilemma for the Chairman because - to me based on results so far - it has to be the Millen and Walshy duo to manage the club next season.

An interesting dilemma for the Chairman because - to me based on results so far - it has to be the Millen and Walshy duo to manage the club next season.

Got to say I'm in the bring a new manager in camp, not because anything KM has done wrong, which I don't feel he has, but the thought that previous managerial experience is vital to take us forward.

KM has done a fantastic job as Caretaker and what I like about him, is he does seem to see the same game as most of our fans. I was listening to his post mach interview on Radio Bristol and found myself nodding and saying ...... yes, that was exactly the game I was watching today. There was many a time under GJ that I was left wondering if I'd gone to a different game.

KM seems a very honest, up front bloke and he's gained massive respect from me for the way he's gone about the job in hand. I think he's got the makings of a great manager and we really need to do everything we can to keep him as our number 2.

I hope his day will come with CIty, but I just fear this wouldn't be the right time at present.

What he has done is bring the pride and belief back and also shown us the potential we all believed was in the squad and made it far easier to decide which players have a genuine future at this club.

Makes me wonder if under the previous manager there was an unconcious fear amongst the players, with heigthened stress and anxiety about making errors. Professor Willie Railo's well know psychological theory 'fear of failure

Its funny that it was the complete opposite for the first couple of years... WE used to get lots of late goals under gary johnson - we had a winning mentality - I'm sure GJ even used a psychologist back then.....

I'm also convinced that the late goals this season was no co-incidence... and it should have been easily solved. the best form of defence is attack - under GJ, we'd often just defend.

I'm not convinced it would be the best all-round appointment.

Things have gone very well, no doubt, but its still only 6 games.

............. and another thing I forgot to mention was one of these games was against the Florists, with us playing the last 10 mins with ten men after DG injury, with us having a striker in goal. They hardly got a sniff, but I sudder to think what pressure the defence would have been put under if we'd been following the previous manager's tactics!

Its funny that it was the complete opposite for the first couple of years... WE used to get lots of late goals under gary johnson - we had a winning mentality - I'm sure GJ even used a psychologist back then.....

I'm also convinced that the late goals this season was no co-incidence... and it should have been easily solved. the best form of defence is attack - under GJ, we'd often just defend.

Yep, we had a very never say die mentality under Johnson in that promotion season and our 1st Championship season.

Probably no longer the late goals against as others have said, due to better more composed ball retention towards the end of games.

Archived