IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

numbeast

best chairman in the country?!!?!?! are you having a laugh. He done well with us and has made mistakes along the way (admittedly) everyone does make mistakes. Gibson has been mint a Boro, dont think we can call Lansdown best chairman yet!

Right up there though surely, who would you rather have? I can't name 5 that i'd rather have, and that includes Abramovic et all as I think being a fan of the club, and in it for the long haul is essential.

The great thing is he recognised these mistakes and actively ensured they weren't repeated when he appointed GJ. We are now in an envious position of not only being attractive to managers with a higher reputation but also have Milly as an option should SL choose to go down the boot room road. When BT left the easiest thing to do was to pack Milly off with him and change the management team totally but our Chairman had the foresight to keep him on under GJ to enable him to gain the experience that he has brought to the last few games.

When you look at the prem chairman they just throw money at the clubs hoping to buy success as they would buy something as a hobby. SL has been very generous in his financial support to the extent of keeping us going, but to my mind this is secondary to his vision and foresight for our Football Club. One day SL will want to escape the pressures of his position in the club but when that time comes his successor will benefit from Steve's tenure with an infrastructure in place which should ensure future generations of Bristolians can enjoy the passion of supporting City. So thanks Steve for everything not just your money

After GJ went, SL needed a caretaker so keeping KM on (whether temporary or not) was a necessity at the time, not foresight. Whether SL has learnt from the Tinnion days has still to be demonstrated this week. If someone like Coppell is appointed, I'll agree SL has learned and shown the ambition to match his words of his wish to get this club moving to the next level towards the Premier League. If KM is appointed as manager (which I don't believe will be the case) I'd question whether lessons have been fully learned.

He leant his lesson with Tinnion.

He doesn't have a crystal ball.

Do you?

I trust his decision either way, he see more than you and I.

yeah well i agree he cant see into the future, but based on past expereince Millen would be similar (no identical) to appointing tinnion as manager.

I hope and also do beleive that Lansdown wont appoint Millen because I think he will have learnt from the tinnion debacle. Just sayign if he appoints Millen and it turned out the same, would be a sign that he didnt learn from the tinnion days.

For the record, i like KM and hope he stays on as coach/number 2

After GJ went, SL needed a caretaker so keeping KM on (whether temporary or not) was a necessity at the time, not foresight. Whether SL has learnt from the Tinnion days has still to be demonstrated this week. If someone like Coppell is appointed, I'll agree SL has learned and shown the ambition to match his words of his wish to get this club moving to the next level towards the Premier League. If KM is appointed as manager (which I don't believe will be the case) I'd question whether lessons have been fully learned.

Yes, I agree with this. Nonetheless, still a great post by the OP.

yeah well i agree he cant see into the future, but based on past expereince Millen would be similar (no identical) to appointing tinnion as manager.

Ah yeah, Millen being a player with us last season, player-manager currently and having no firm coaching experience. Exactly the same.

I hope and also do beleive that Lansdown wont appoint Millen because I think he will have learnt from the tinnion debacle. Just sayign if he appoints Millen and it turned out the same, would be a sign that he didnt learn from the tinnion days.

For the record, i like KM and hope he stays on as coach/number 2

The only similarity between Tinnion & Millen is that they've both played for us.

However I agree that Millen most probably won't be appointed manager (but for completely different reasons) and will stay as assistant. Though I'm sure he'll go on to manage and be successful doing so.

Ah yeah, Millen being a player with us last season, player-manager currently and having no firm coaching experience. Exactly the same.

Player manager? When was Millen last playing for us!?

Millen is more knowledgeable (from the outside) than Tinman about coaching/managing the club. 5 or so years as assistant and a fairly successful spell as caretaker.

Archived