IGNORED

New Manager Poll

Banksy

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Think that covers most areas that have been stated on here

im for Coppell but Milllen has to stay for me he has done a brilliant job BUT to progress further a big name is needed to attract players

My concern with Millen is similar to yours in that we don't know what sort of contacts he has in the game and whether he'd be able to attract the calibre of player required. If we could get Coppell on board in the DoF role with Millen as 1st Team Coach then I'd be up for that.

After reading this it left me thinking, what a job Millen has done to win other the fans, i can remember a couple of months ago when things were going woeful with GJ and Millen and the fans on here calling for GJ and the "muppet" no2 to leave but look at the job Millen has done now to win over us and prove that he wasnt the muppet

im for Coppell but Milllen has to stay for me he has done a brilliant job BUT to progress further a big name is needed to attract players

O,Drisscoll and Millen number 1 choice

Coppell and Millen number 2 choice

My concern with Millen is similar to yours in that we don't know what sort of contacts he has in the game and whether he'd be able to attract the calibre of player required. If we could get Coppell on board in the DoF role with Millen as 1st Team Coach then I'd be up for that.

Yes, but what if Coppell ( or ano. SL first choice) is willing to come but on condition he brings his own no.2?

Have we become so impressed with Millen that we'd turn down Coppell, or whoever, under those circumstances?dunno.gif

Yes, but what if Coppell ( or ano. SL first choice) is willing to come but on condition he brings his own no.2?

Have we become so impressed with Millen that we'd turn down Coppell, or whoever, under those circumstances?dunno.gif

SL seems keen for new managers to work with the existing structure in place at the club rather than bring in their own people. He told GJ he would have to work with Millen, which he (GJ) was more than happy to do, and I expect he'd do the same again.

Since Millen worked well with GJ and is showing himself to have more than a little aptitude for the managers job in his own right, why wouldn't Coppell want to work with him? He's clearly very capable and Coppell seems like the sort to look at these things pragmatically.

After reading this it left me thinking, what a job Millen has done to win other the fans, i can remember a couple of months ago when things were going woeful with GJ and Millen and the fans on here calling for GJ and the "muppet" no2 to leave but look at the job Millen has done now to win over us and prove that he wasnt the muppet

Yep millen has done very well and credit to him and walshy, i'm just concerned that if he got the job as no.1 and things started to go wrong he would get that label tinnion had ''the cheap option'' tinnion did ok the first season but when things went pear shaped he got a lot of stick. I think millen would take more out of staying a no.2 just a little bit longer learning along side someone like coppell who to be fair to Gary johnson has experienced the prem and championship promotions.

It is never easy promoting with in the club.

SL seems keen for new managers to work with the existing structure in place at the club rather than bring in their own people. He told GJ he would have to work with Millen, which he (GJ) was more than happy to do, and I expect he'd do the same again.

Since Millen worked well with GJ and is showing himself to have more than a little aptitude for the managers job in his own right, why wouldn't Coppell want to work with him? He's clearly very capable and Coppell seems like the sort to look at these things pragmatically.

SL told GJ he'd have to work with Millen? I didn't know that.

It's an 'if' question Dan, would we be happy to turn down Coppell, SoD, whoever, because keeping Millen was seen as the priority?dunno.gif

For me it's always been Coppell or O'Driscoll.

My worry with SC is that I would've thought he'd have already been appointed by now. If, as suggested in other threads, that he's having second thoughts, or is waiting for a better offer to come in the summer then for me I'd walk away now. If he REALLY wanted, I think he would've been here by now.

As for SOD, cracking record at Doncaster, plays good football - but is he the man to take us forward? I'm not too sure.

So, they you are. I've changed my mind over the last couple of weeks, and I'm not making the choice. I wonder if SL has changed his mind, and how many times?

Not an easy decision to make!

Must also say that Millen has done a cracking job since taking over. However, I think it's Simply Red on here that says the same, he's been part of the failed Tinnion era and the Johnson era that stalled. How he keeps his job when all this is going on around him is staggering. SL obviously see's something in the fella though, and I bow to his far superior knowledge. Makes you wonder exactly what went wrong towards the end of GJ's reign, but the outpouring of platitudes from the squad towards Millen makes me think that maybe he had a falling out with Johnson too.

What a funny old season it's been, here's looking forward to 2010-11!

Coppell with Mill's as no2 for me.

I'm just not a fan of all this DOF stuff, if someone is good enough to be in charge of the first team then he's is the manager, the main man!

It seems that popular opinion has gone from allowing keith to stay and polish the boots to allowing him to assist steve coppel/mclaren on the touch line as a no 2 or a 'managerling'

He obviously still has a long way to go to convince the city plebs that he is good enough to be MANAGER no strings fella!!!

I'm quite happy to sit on the fence until he acheives 6 more points and shows that this team will not roll over for anyone at the end of the season (burnley last year.......dont know why but that really pissed me off!)

Coppell as main man with Millie no.2 for me. Millen is proving himself ok but Coppell could teach him so much about the transfer market which will only add to his CV in the future. I think he could be a great future manager for us one day.

Coppell's assistant throughout his time at Reading was Kevin Dillon who's now manager of Aldershot. So there is an obvious role for Millen. Whether Coppell would also want his old first team coach, Wally Downs is another question but that wouldnt really affect Millen's position.

Archived