IGNORED

New Manager Unveiled - 6 Days And Counting...

Martyn Hocking

Sorry but this is irrelevant. Both Sextone's and Lansdown's roles are of a business nature and have no direct relationship with the playing squad. A director of football would be concerned only with the players, not the business.

Personally I can't see the milage in appointing a 'Director of Football'. An unnecessary extra tier of management with no obvious benefit.

I'd imagine they do have a direct interaction with the playing squad. Gone are the days when the players contracts are sorted out by the manager. The business people also will be doing a lot of the negotiating with other clubs allowing the manager to train, motivate and choose players. All it really means is that someone Lansdown wants will be on the board taking on a part of his and Sexstone's workload.

Even Johnson Agrees

The training ground up at Failand was very busy at 7:45 this morning when I drove past. Normally the car park is empty at that time of day but there were quite a few cars in there, and more pulling in. I'm not making this up, and it might be nothing but it did intrigue me.

Fingers crossed we hear something soon :fingerscrossed:

was busy still when i was trainin at 8 tonite!

He's leaving twente at the end of the season apparently!?

Won't be him anyway

I wrote on another thread that McClaren signed a 1 year Contract extension at Twente in November so I doubt it will be him. He will be at Twente in the CL or another big club will buy him out of his Contract.

What about Paolo Sousa? He is apparently not happy at Swansea due to a lack of player investment. He would be very happy with the cash SL could give him.

although swansea are in the playoff positions currently, i'm not sure about sousa. swansea have scored at a rate considerably lower than one goal per game and are yet to come back from a goal down this season. in fact, how the hell did they end up in the playoff positions? they didn't even look good half decent on saturday.

I am 99.9% Coppell will be our next manager.

Some Highlights:-

- Played at the highest level for Man United, won the FA Cup and capped 42 times for England.

- As manager of Crystal Palcae secured promotion out of the 2nd tier of English football (Championship) 2 times, kept them in the top tier for 4 seasons, reached the FA Cup final and won the Full Members cup.

- Took Brentford to the Play-off final.

- Won the Championship with Reading going 33 league games unbeaten and ammassing 106 points, finished 8th in the Premier League and 1 point away from qualifying for the UEFA cup.

- LMA Manager of the Year, 2 times.

Good eye for a bargain and blooding youth:

Ian Wright (England)

Mark Bright

Geoff Thomas (England)

Andy Gray (England)

John Pemberton

Eddie McGoldrick (Ireland)

Nigel Martyn (England)

Richard Shaw

John Salako (England)

Chris Armstrong