IGNORED

New Manager Unveiled - 6 Days And Counting...

Martyn Hocking

Press conference next Monday 2pm, Ashton Gate, I would imagine.

Steve Lansdown and Colin Sexstone representing the club. Keith Millen there too.

But who is the star guest they are going to unveil???

The closer we get to the date the fewer titbits of insider gossip are emerging from AG. Is Steve tucked away in his Guernsey mansion doing the second interviews with ... Coppell? ... Curbs? .... Burley?

Or is he right now haggling like mad to agree an exit free to prise Sean O'Driscoll away from Donny?

Or is there a complete left-field scenario nobody has spotted involving a 'voice of wisdom' director of football (Lenny Lawrence speechless-smiley-040.gif ???)

Come on guys and gals - somebody must have heard something in the last seven days....

Over on ziderheads it seems the new management team could be Coppell (as manager) supported by KM (no2) with Nicky Hammond (Director of Football) leaving SL to take more of a back seat in Guernsey. This was also mentioned on Twentyman TB on Friday. A bit like waiting for Christmas at the moment - who knows what we'll get.

Not sure there would be room for a director of football, manager and Millen. That sounds expensive to me. Director of football and Millen as manager might work and has been suggested in the EP today.

But the bottom line is that only about 10 people at AG know the whole situation. The board plus senior staff and senior admin. I'm certain that no leaks will spring from AG.

We fans are rightly left in the dark and reduced to speculation.

Press conference next Monday 2pm, Ashton Gate, I would imagine.

Steve Lansdown and Colin Sexstone representing the club. Keith Millen there too.

But who is the star guest they are going to unveil???

The closer we get to the date the fewer titbits of insider gossip are emerging from AG. Is Steve tucked away in his Guernsey mansion doing the second interviews with ... Coppell? ... Curbs? .... Burley?

Or is he right now haggling like mad to agree an exit free to prise Sean O'Driscoll away from Donny?

Or is there a complete left-field scenario nobody has spotted involving a 'voice of wisdom' director of football (Lenny Lawrence speechless-smiley-040.gif ???)

Come on guys and gals - somebody must have heard something in the last seven days....

Eddie Howe.

Not sure there would be room for a director of football, manager and Millen. That sounds expensive to me. Director of football and Millen as manager might work and has been suggested in the EP today.

But the bottom line is that only about 10 people at AG know the whole situation. The board plus senior staff and senior admin. I'm certain that no leaks will spring from AG.

We fans are rightly left in the dark and reduced to speculation.

With SL moving to Guernsey he doesn't have the time to do as much so he wants to bring in a director of football.

Apparently coppell signed on today with Millen as number 2.

With SL moving to Guernsey he doesn't have the time to do as much so he wants to bring in a director of football.

Apparently coppell signed on today with Millen as number 2.

Steve Lansdown spends a great deal of time at his 'real job' as it is and leaves much of running the club to his senior staff. Colin Sexstone, Doug Harman and others. He's never far away of course but I can't see being a phone call or a short flight from Guernsey causing a problem.

I wouldn't think a case for director of football would be based simply on SL moving to Guernsey.

As for Coppell and Millen as number 2 - sauce or speculation?

The training ground up at Failand was very busy at 7:45 this morning when I drove past. Normally the car park is empty at that time of day but there were quite a few cars in there, and more pulling in. I'm not making this up, and it might be nothing but it did intrigue me.

Fingers crossed we hear something soon :fingerscrossed:

Steve Lansdown spends a great deal of time at his 'real job' as it is and leaves much of running the club to his senior staff. Colin Sexstone, Doug Harman and others. He's never far away of course but I can't see being a phone call or a short flight from Guernsey causing a problem.

I wouldn't think a case for director of football would be based simply on SL moving to Guernsey.

As for Coppell and Millen as number 2 - sauce or speculation?

No sauce of my own, I heard it from a spurs fan whose dad seems to know everyone in Bristol. Enough speculation for me to think it's a definite though. It may be correct, it may not.

As for a Director of Football, Sexstone is going to be spending a lot more time working on the stadium project so to me it makes sense. SL won't be able to meet players face to face and negotiate so someone is required.

Late application coming in from the dark side after tonights result;

Lenny and Trolls, the bad dream team

By the way, you have permission to laugh at any of the blue few you bump into tomorrowrofl2br.gif

Edit; mentioned on the gas forum, get rid of Trolls and go after Millen when City appoint a new manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the EP still give a passing mention to McClaren. Can we rule him out? Twente are closing in on the title in holland. If fact the could win it this weekend - almost certainly would have if they'd not lost last night. Would be poor form to appoint before the title is sorted. Not saying this will happen but you never know.

As for a Director of Football, Sexstone is going to be spending a lot more time working on the stadium project so to me it makes sense. SL won't be able to meet players face to face and negotiate so someone is required.

Sorry but this is irrelevant. Both Sextone's and Lansdown's roles are of a business nature and have no direct relationship with the playing squad. A director of football would be concerned only with the players, not the business.

Personally I can't see the milage in appointing a 'Director of Football'. An unnecessary extra tier of management with no obvious benefit.

the EP still give a passing mention to McClaren. Can we rule him out? Twente are closing in on the title in holland. If fact the could win it this weekend - almost certainly would have if they'd not lost last night. Would be poor form to appoint before the title is sorted. Not saying this will happen but you never know.

We can dream! McLaren would be a brilliant appointment but I can't see him dropping into the Championship when he could be managing in the Champions League next season with Twente.

Shame. A former Man Utd number 2 and England manager would be a fantastic coup for Bristol City. It would certainly raise the clubs profile.

Archived