IGNORED

Spare A Thought

Robbored

Not City related I know, but Division 2 club Rochdale are just 1 point away from winning promotion for the first time in 41 years! They have been in Div 2 or its equivelent since 1969. Thats a simply amazing statistic.

But... just 1 point from a possible 12 must be worrying the Rochdale fans, 1500 of which travelled to Torquay on Saturday to see their team get beat 5-0. They lost at home 0-1 last night to bottom team Darlington. Could be the nerves are getting to them.

Gates have increased recently, there were over 5300 at Spotland last night but usually they survive on gates of around 2500.

They are home to 10th placed Northampton on Saturday and thats certainly a result I'll look for.

C'mon the Dale.....winner_third_h4h.gif

Not City related I know, but Division 2 club Rochdale are just 1 point away from winning promotion for the first time in 41 years! They have been in Div 2 or its equivelent since 1969. Thats a simply amazing statistic.

But... just 1 point from a possible 12 must be worrying the Rochdale fans, 1500 of which travelled to Torquay on Saturday to see their team get beat 5-0. They lost at home 0-1 last night to bottom team Darlington. Could be the nerves are getting to them.

Gates have increased recently, there were over 5300 at Spotland last night but usually they survive on gates of around 2500.

They are home to 10th placed Northampton on Saturday and thats certainly a result I'll look for.

Think i heard with their goal difference they could lose their remaining matches and would still go up.

Losing at home to Darlington was a horrific result - they are heading out of the league. Would be good to see Rochdale promoted.

Think i heard with their goal difference they could lose their remaining matches and would still go up.

Think that was Notts County mate, they were all but mathematically promoted as they're something like 47 goals better off than Rotherham.

Fingers crossed for Rochdale, hope they get up - that's a hell of a long time in Div 4!

They do still need 1 point from their remaining 5 games - so they would have to lose these 5 (making it 7 loses on the spin)

and Rotherham would need to win all 4 of therir games ( Home v Crewe & Cheltenham Away v Hereford & Barnet) as well.

You could get huge odds on that! could make you rich if you really fancy they'll miss out Alan!

NB after the Northants game Rochdale have Aways at Notts Cty (!) Hereford and Barnet and one home v Burton

Go for it!

CR

Would be great to see Rochdale promoted. Wasen't it in Rochdale that COOP once started in 1850-something?

Maybe they have a "Conference Manager"

I saw The Dale play Dagenham on the 20th (day before we played WBA) I loved the atmosphere around the club, and the pies! I really do hope they can pip notts county to it - to say their fans deserve it is an understatement 41 years ... and to think we thought 10 was too long without a promotion!

Up the Dale!

I saw The Dale play Dagenham on the 20th (day before we played WBA) I loved the atmosphere around the club, and the pies! I really do hope they can pip notts county to it - to say their fans deserve it is an understatement 41 years ... and to think we thought 10 was too long without a promotion!

Up the Dale!

... they've just been ' consolidating ' for a while thats all, maybe now they feel the times right to step up & go for it! :)

ps.. good luck.

Archived