IGNORED

Witless Houston At The Gate, Then....?

Steve Watts

There is a third gig at the Gate this summer, sandwiched between Bill Bailey and Westlife.....and then on Heart today they apparently advised listeners to stay tuned over the next couple of days for "exciting news involving Whitney Houston"....

If true, then although not my cuppa tea, fair play to the club again for organising what should be a big draw to the Gate (this being despite being booed during her last few comeback gigs!). All helps to raise awareness of the club and what they can offer.

There is a third gig at the Gate this summer, sandwiched between Bill Bailey and Westlife.....and then on Heart today they apparently advised listeners to stay tuned over the next couple of days for "exciting news involving Whitney Houston"....

If true, then although not my cuppa tea, fair play to the club again for organising what should be a big draw to the Gate (this being despite being booed during her last few comeback gigs!). All helps to raise awareness of the club and what they can offer.

maybe shes applied for the managers job

Can't see Ashton Gate hosting three events over the summer, so my guess is if she was to perform in Bristol it will be at the cricket ground. They successfully hosted an Elton John gig last year (which incidentally I went to, for free I must add!, and it was great) and can recall reading they will be on the lookout for future gigs.

Can't see Ashton Gate hosting three events over the summer, so my guess is if she was to perform in Bristol it will be at the cricket ground. They successfully hosted an Elton John gig last year (which incidentally I went to, for free I must add!, and it was great) and can recall reading they will be on the lookout for future gigs.

There's definitely a third event (or 2nd of three anyway) on that Weds....Heart mentioned it last week after Bill Bailey was announced, and the wife's already been asked to work all three nights down there....just waiting for the 'artist' to be announced.... Heart's comment today makes it seem likely to that the Gate will be her destination.

For a moment I thought this thread was going to be about the day Stuart Houston broke his leg at Ashton Gate when City drew 1-1 with Man U in May 77.

Coppell was playing but I don't think he's going to hold it against us after all this time. It was an accident.

Nostalgia note over.

Archived