IGNORED

Artus, Plummer, Kington Leaving Bcfc

Martyn Hocking

£300 000 a year.

well if its only £300k a year run two or 3... Id imagine wages, would cost more than that alone, but hey if its that cheap to run.. Do a better one where we can attract players..

How do we blood these players in... Cant put them straight into Championship...

Yeah put them on loan.. Plummer, Artus, Wilson, then what release them..???

You are right Foreigners are wrecking our game.. whos to blame.. Yeah the FA and us because we still pay to watch them...

I think Man U fans would rather a team of 11 Wayne Rooneys or 11 Ryan Giggs, but dont you think Arsenal 11 Fabregas, Chelskie 11 Drogbas or Liverpool 11 Torres... This country will never be the same because of foreign players end of..

The Acadamy is the way forward if all teams are made to have one and limit foreign players ... How many English players play in LA Liga, or Serie A, or Brazil...... EXACTLY..

The game is corrupt with Money and thats all there is to blame... £100k a week to kick a ball and run for average 44mins a game. Disgrace ..

No wonder the little boy who doesnt go to school and just spends all day long kicking a ball, running and practicing in South America develops better and wants to come here and play... Now thats obvious..

The Acadamy will never be the answer until certain things are limited, that applies to this Country as well regarding immigration as well.... AND im not going into my views on that....:laugh:..

£300 000 a year.

Of which is vastly subsidised by the FA and others. I think it costs the club around half that.

Waste of money is debatable. Cotterill has almost single handedly funded it for 10 years alone. How much will Skuse & Riberio go for in due course?

People also forget Scott Goldbourne brought in £250k and there are other small fees we forget about.

Of which is vastly subsidised by the FA and others. I think it costs the club around half that.

Waste of money is debatable. Cotterill has almost single handedly funded it for 10 years alone. How much will Skuse & Riberio go for in due course?

People also forget Scott Goldbourne brought in £250k and there are other small fees we forget about.

Steve Lansdown mentioned the figure in one of his presentations. Can't remember his actual words but hopefully you are right :)

Not surprised by Plummer but you'd think the new manager might like to have a quick look at Artus and Kington before a final decision was made.

Who makes the decisions when we effectively have no manager?

I was under the impression Kington in particular was very promising, and might gradually challenge Hartley for a place.

From his point of view at least he's being released early as opposed to Artus and Plummer who seem to have been hanging around for no real reason for ages.

Good luck to them all.

Maybe Coppell is already calling the shots!

Why ?

He was good for us.

Really sad that Plummer, for whatever reason, has failed to make the grade at City. Bon chance in France.

Its more of an off the pitch comment.

From what I know and a friend who works for Swindon FC, we both have good personal knowledge of him and a bit on his brother Marvin.

Decent left winger on the pitch, but am glad he is getting what he deserves in football now. Not what you would call a model professional.

The Acadamy is a waste of time.... Why spend millions of money we will never recover...

Look Premier league teams have millions to develop young players for eg, London .. Thousands of keen, bright players all wanting to play for a big prem club like Arsenal, Chelsea, Man c , and Man U... not Liverpool...:laugh:...

These acadamy systems are good, infact brilliant if your Man U, Chelsea, Barcelona, PSV, Real Madrid, unlimited money to develop and have 3-5 feeder teams to try them out in...

Well, Arsenal develop mainly youngsters poached from abroad, Chelsea have not produced any first team players despite Arnesen being employed to ensure that happens and Real just buy anybody and everybody. United's golden generation was a long time ago. Man City have a great academy but the probability of young players getting in their side is low now they have big bucks to buy ready made players. Barca are a shining exception and Dutch football is renowned for development of young players (the best of whom then move to richer leagues).

So we are not alone. Trevor Brooking keeps talking about the failure of youth development in this country but of course nobody in a position of power listens. After all, what would he know?

How many of our youngsters from the past 10 years are currently playing league football? Here are the ones I can remember:

Rosenior

Harley

Golbourne

Woodman

Burnell

Scott Brown (Gk)

Aaron Brown?

Skuse

Ribeiro

Cotterill

Sure there are more but for 10 years worth of development to produce a maximum of 2 professional footballers a year isn't a great return on the £££ it costs to run the acadamy!

Benyon, Danny Coles, Stambol-whatever that last bit... Jennison M Williams, Could maybe count Lita in that bracket?

There has been plenty... and with the cost pretty low, i feel we have got a decent outcome from the academy... (Profit Money Wise)

well if its only £300k a year run two or 3... Id imagine wages, would cost more than that alone, but hey if its that cheap to run.. Do a better one where we can attract players..

How do we blood these players in... Cant put them straight into Championship...

Yeah put them on loan.. Plummer, Artus, Wilson, then what release them..???

You are right Foreigners are wrecking our game.. whos to blame.. Yeah the FA and us because we still pay to watch them...

I think Man U fans would rather a team of 11 Wayne Rooneys or 11 Ryan Giggs, but dont you think Arsenal 11 Fabregas, Chelskie 11 Drogbas or Liverpool 11 Torres... This country will never be the same because of foreign players end of..

The Acadamy is the way forward if all teams are made to have one and limit foreign players ... How many English players play in LA Liga, or Serie A, or Brazil...... EXACTLY..

The game is corrupt with Money and thats all there is to blame... £100k a week to kick a ball and run for average 44mins a game. Disgrace ..

No wonder the little boy who doesnt go to school and just spends all day long kicking a ball, running and practicing in South America develops better and wants to come here and play... Now thats obvious..

The Acadamy will never be the answer until certain things are limited, that applies to this Country as well regarding immigration as well.... AND im not going into my views on that....:laugh:..

Cardiff seem to manage pretty well, if you get the right coaching staff, scouts and a manager that isn't afraid to play them, the rewards are there for all to see.

Nice to see Ribeiro sticking two fingers up to the Johnson regime, people had been saying for ages that he was ready to play.

He was never interested in playing him or any of our academy for that matter, there was always an excuse of why we shouldn't, the last ridiculous statement of they had to be like 70 professional games elsewhere before they were ready was laughable. Glad he's left us just for that reason alone, heaven knows how many other youngsters we could have attracted but went elsewhere because of Mr Johnsons policy.

I think we need to persist with it for now, Johnson clearly wasn't the right man in place to make it work, and If I was Steve Lansdown watching a barrell of crap foreign imports come in on big wages and add zero to the team while £300,000 a year was being spent on an expensive kiddies football kick about with no end product, I would have blown my top a long time ago. Hopefully Coppell or whoever the new man is will come in assess it properly and make better use of it, if it means replacing coaches, upgrading facilities or trimming it in size to make it function better, then he has to be given a chance to sort it. If Crewe managed to produce 3 England internationals (off the top of my head Rob Jones, Danny Murphy, Dean Ashton) then it's fair to say we should be able to manage 1 very good championship player once every couple of years.

The situation as it stands right now, is that any young player in the South West region would have great reservations about joining Bristol City. The policy of the club doesn't seem to have any direction as far as young players are concerned, I am not going to dispute the fact that blooding young players in the Championship would be a very dangerous thing for any manager to attempt. The only way around this would be to send players on loan for a whole season further down the league or maybe in the Conference.

Well, Arsenal develop mainly youngsters poached from abroad, Chelsea have not produced any first team players despite Arnesen being employed to ensure that happens and Real just buy anybody and everybody. United's golden generation was a long time ago. Man City have a great academy but the probability of young players getting in their side is low now they have big bucks to buy ready made players. Barca are a shining exception and Dutch football is renowned for development of young players (the best of whom then move to richer leagues).

So we are not alone. Trevor Brooking keeps talking about the failure of youth development in this country but of course nobody in a position of power listens. After all, what would he know?

Agree with this. It was notable though, to see 4 players from for example Bayern Munich's academy playing vs Man United in the CL.

We do have a problem with it in this country though, that's for sure. Nothing much to do with caps or quotas either, as Brooking has said the way we train players from a young age- it is different to Brazil/Argentina and a number of Western European countries. For all the hype about for example Lampard and Gerrard- when was the last time we produced a player in the mould of to take an example, Xavi- who can control a game, dictate play etc? He has a splendid range of passing and really is the man who usually makes Barca and Spain tick. For whatever reason, our players seem to be (with a few exceptions) more about driving pace from midfield, power and a bit less control. Brooking is very correct on this matter.

Archived