IGNORED

Millen Not Applied

Kid in the Riot

That's the first I've heard of it too. Seems odd that such a significant piece of news has been buried so deeply.

I would imagine SL has made assurances that Millen will be heavily involved in the new regime, whoever is appointed, and the EP seems virtually convinced it will be Coppell. I hope it is.

That's the first I've heard of it too. Seems odd that such a significant piece of news has been buried so deeply.

I would imagine SL has made assurances that Millen will be heavily involved in the new regime, whoever is appointed, and the EP seems virtually convinced it will be Coppell. I hope it is.

Millen has not applied because he is happy to work with Coppell. As I've said previously, the Coppell deal is done and dusted and Millen will be his No 2. I don't know when it will be formally announced but, trust me, it HAS been agreed.

englandsmile4wf.gif

Millen has not applied because he is happy to work with Coppell. As I've said previously, the Coppell deal is done and dusted and Millen will be his No 2. I don't know when it will be formally announced but, trust me, it HAS been agreed.

englandsmile4wf.gif

I said this last night on the Coppell thread, will be announced soon. Reading between the lines of any articles that have been printed im pretty sure Millen was told from day on he wouldnt be getting it but would be involved in some capacity. I just hope that he can work with Coppell, because if I was Coppell I would be bringing my own man - that is no disrespect to Millen just how managers generally work.

Millen was interviewed on Radio last night and it was mentioned that Coppell was the favourite amongst a number of applicants for the job.

Rather than deny it he responded by saying that Coppell was exactly the kind of person he would like to see at the club and what a fantastic job Coppell was capable of doing.

Seemed like he knows exactly what is going to be announced in the next few days.

I don't think that Keith Millen will be our next manager, but isn't all this "he hasn't applied" stuff really a bit of a red herring?

Fact is I would doubt if Steve Coppell ever "applied" in the way most of us understand it, either, as I think the way it tends to work is that likely candidates are sounded out informally as to their interest before we get anywhere near the interview stage.

Millen has been in ongoing dialogue with the chairman, has apparently been over to Guernsey for the day to give SL his thoughts on how the club goes forward from here and his excellent record as caretaker speaks for itself, if SL really felt he was the best man for the job I doubt the formality of him not applying for the post would matter a jot.

The truth is the Evening Post knows the square route of bugger all about City, and when they aren't making cheap shots they construct lots of their stories from gossip and fans forums, so I take anything they say (bar the actual result of matches) with a huge pinch of salt.

I said this last night on the Coppell thread, will be announced soon. Reading between the lines of any articles that have been printed im pretty sure Millen was told from day on he wouldnt be getting it but would be involved in some capacity. I just hope that he can work with Coppell, because if I was Coppell I would be bringing my own man - that is no disrespect to Millen just how managers generally work.

well Ive said it before and i will say it again. he is a very lucky man.yes he has got us out of trouble but ! he survived tinnion reign. now he survives johnson reign. if he stays number 2 again and who ever comes in gets sacked (hope not). will he servive again.whoever comes in coppell( i hope) he brings his own number 2

well Ive said it before and i will say it again. he is a very lucky man.yes he has got us out of trouble but ! he survived tinnion reign. now he survives johnson reign. if he stays number 2 again and who ever comes in gets sacked (hope not). will he servive again.whoever comes in coppell( i hope) he brings his own number 2

Absolutely right - those four wins and two draws were pure luck. As was that promotion and play-off final under GJ. Millen clearly had nothing to do with any of that.

:rolleyes:

I'm shocked at this post! Can somebody really be that blinkered? Millen is know in footballing circles as being one of the best rated young coaches in the English game. I think I'm right in saying he also came top of his UEFA coaching badge.

I'm shocked at this post! Can somebody really be that blinkered? Millen is know in footballing circles as being one of the best rated young coaches in the English game. I think I'm right in saying he also came top of his UEFA coaching badge.

It's depressing how short-sighted, negative and biased some people can really be. Without any real knowledge of who Keith Millen is, the work he does, his abilities or the impact he's had at the club, some people still seem fit to dismiss him as "the man responsible for our cr*p defence" simply based on the fact he used to be a defender when he was a player.

Not-with-standing the fact that for the previous four seasons before this one, our defence was one of the best in the league - they conveniently forget that - or that simply because he was a defender, it doesn't actually mean he's responsible for defensive coaching!

Also, he was second-in-command to GJ and BT, which means that, ultimately, they take responsibility not him.

They also neglect the fact that he's one of the most qualified coaches in the country, something not many City coaches have had in the past, and he actually enjoys being a part of this club.

I personally wouldnt pick him to be our next manager if I had the choice, I dont think it would work out for him or us. Granted he has done a decent job for the six games, but I also think whoever took over from Johnson would have got similar results. It looked like the players had lost all faith in Johnson and it was a relief when he was gone.

What don't you understand about the role of manager? Ultimately the buck always stops there, part of his more than ample salary is reward for him having to take and be responsible for decisions made. Why not sack everybody, the tea lady, the turnstile operators etc etc..........

It is sad that some people are unable to think beyond their mindless prejudices, I blame the parents!

Archived