IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Who Shot JR?

No chance for me

Jamie Mac takes way too much stick on here I reckon

Yep he has the odd bad game but generally he is very commited to the club, is a good championship fullback and doesnt pick up many big injuries.

Plus he can play left back or left wing back so can fit into 442 or wingbacks.

I cant see any manager coming in, looking at our squad and wanting to get rid.

Im certainly not saying he should be first name on the teamsheet but i cant believe anyone doesnt think hes at least good enough for the squad??

No chance for me

Jamie Mac takes way too much stick on here I reckon

Yep he has the odd bad game but generally he is very commited to the club, is a good championship fullback and doesnt pick up many big injuries.

Plus he can play left back or left wing back so can fit into 442 or wingbacks.

I cant see any manager coming in, looking at our squad and wanting to get rid.

Im certainly not saying he should be first name on the teamsheet but i cant believe anyone doesnt think hes at least good enough for the squad??

good shout.

j mac hasnt been at his best this season and im sure there are better left backs out there but we could also do a lot worse. the guy never gives anything less than 110% and deserves a bit more respect from some quarters for the performances he has put in for this club, as do one or two others who have been mainstays of our progression in the last few years.

hopefully the next few years will see us assemble a squad of players many of whom will hopefully be good enough to make the step up but that doesnt mean that the ones who make way have not done a great job for this club.

I admire Jamies enthusiasm and commitment, not to mention his tough tackling. However, it seems to me that we need a fast, dynamic left back in order to do well at this level. From the performances I've seen recently, JCR seems a much stronger replacement.

I find him the most frustrating player to watch. He can pull off a great tackle and then get caught out of postion. His forward play is the worst part of his game imo. Far too many deep diagonal balls to no-one in particular and way too many aimless punts up the pitch, although before his injury he'd cut some of that out his game. He doesn't have enough quality or variation going forward for me.

Recent results suggest he's not being missed.

I find him the most frustrating player to watch. He can pull off a great tackle and then get caught out of postion. His forward play is the worst part of his game imo. Far too many deep diagonal balls to no-one in particular and way too many aimless punts up the pitch, although before his injury he'd cut some of that out his game. He doesn't have enough quality or variation going forward for me.

Recent results suggest he's not being missed.

I think the reason he was constantly being caught out of position was due to most of the left wingers infront of him either pulled into the middle, or there hasn't been one, but the fans expect him to run up and back every game he plays - effectively doing too jobs. And, although Orr does the same, I think Orr is fitter and probably puts in more effort, but I'd also say that the majority of teams have a stronger right hand side than left, hence why Macca tends to look out of his depth alot of the time. I sit in the lower Dolman and he runs past me numerous times in a game. His distribution's alot better than Bradley's, and when he played left midfield, he crossed the ball better than most and more often than most.

I don't think he's particularly missed, no. But I think he gets alot of unfair press, and I think he's a great player to have as support for Fonts/Nyatanga.

I think the reason he was constantly being caught out of position was due to most of the left wingers infront of him either pulled into the middle, or there hasn't been one, but the fans expect him to run up and back every game he plays - effectively doing too jobs. And, although Orr does the same, I think Orr is fitter and probably puts in more effort, but I'd also say that the majority of teams have a stronger right hand side than left, hence why Macca tends to look out of his depth alot of the time. I sit in the lower Dolman and he runs past me numerous times in a game. His distribution's alot better than Bradley's, and when he played left midfield, he crossed the ball better than most and more often than most.

I don't think he's particularly missed, no. But I think he gets alot of unfair press, and I think he's a great player to have as support for Fonts/Nyatanga.

I agree with most of the posts on this topic. Probably past his best but can still add value to our squad. I doubt he could have done any worse than any of our back line yesterday.

Whether his long term contract, someone mentioned, proves expensive remains to be seen.

McAllister has been a weak link for a long time - shocking decision for him to be given a new contract, particularly a long one.

One of the players gary johnson had way too much loyalty for.

hopefully copello will ship him out

Archived