IGNORED

Saborio

Paul Hartley's Beard

True, but I was at the Richo for his 1st game and he was awesome.

I thought he would be quality for us. Shame he never kept it up.

He was and is quality!!...just never got a chance to show it due to GJ's constant tinkering with formations line ups etc. In and out of the side and a different strike partner every time he played!! Good luck to him i say!!

He certainly isn't shite. I think he would have been an excellent player given time but seeing as most strikers didn't do well under GJ is it any suprise that proven strikers like Saboroio didn't do well?

I'd agree with that.

Judging by the amount of stikers that came and went under our previous manager many fans got the impression that he'd look to blame the strikers for the teams failures rather than address the wider issues like service and supply and why the rest of team couldn't produce enough quality.

It was amazing how many strikers with good goal ratio's at other club couldn't score anything like as frequently for City.

True, but I was at the Richo for his 1st game and he was awesome.

I thought he would be quality for us. Shame he never kept it up.

I second that. Thought he was excellent that day and seemed to have a great understanding with Maynard. If he'd have been a bit sharper in front of goal he'd have scored a brace! Never looked like that again though unfortunately.

really dont care, he was utter shite

Soborio was quite simply another striker to be swallowed up by the Gary Johnson demise. GJ ruined many strikers that have come to this club by lack of clear vision as to a team shape with players already in the squad. David Clarkson is another victim; he is a cracking player, an out and out striker who is playing at a club, that under GJ, didnt suit his style at all. To be and out and out stiker, a "goal scorer" you have to play week in week out!!!

Not a GJ hater but lost his roots and has lost his philosophy along the way...

He was and is quality!!...just never got a chance to show it due to GJ's constant tinkering with formations line ups etc. In and out of the side and a different strike partner every time he played!! Good luck to him i say!!

The stats suggest he got too long a run in the team, GJ isn't at fault for everything.

The stats suggest he got too long a run in the team, GJ isn't at fault for everything.

and stats dont prove it all. GJ is definately to blame when it comes to the striker situation. I cant even begin to think how many strikers he has brought to this club, too many to say there all shite

and stats dont prove it all. GJ is definately to blame when it comes to the striker situation. I cant even begin to think how many strikers he has brought to this club, too many to say there all shite

Funny how two of the other strikers at the club this season weren't doing too badly while Saborio was still here then..

I'd agree with that.

Judging by the amount of stikers that came and went under our previous manager many fans got the impression that he'd look to blame the strikers for the teams failures rather than address the wider issues like service and supply and why the rest of team couldn't produce enough quality.

It was amazing how many strikers with good goal ratio's at other club couldn't score anything like as frequently for City.

Absolute Rubbish! Maynard has had exactly the same service from exactly the same players/ wide men/mid fielders etc and he's scored loads. Saborio was rubbish, Maynard is class....that's the real difference. Clarkson has never been given a run in the side.....but he looks good, every time he comes on......whereas Saborio looked Rubbish. You get what you pay for.....ie Maynard. When you pay peanuts you inevitably get monkeys, occasionally you unearth gems. The strikers with good goals to ratio you talk about....what level were they playing at.....was it as high a standard?

winner_third_h4h.gif

you have to remember tho maynard knows league football whereas it was a new experience for Saborio, he had to worry bout world cup playoffs and also he left his family back in Costa Rica and towards the end he had a few family problems... Good luck to the guy just shame it didnt work out :)

He's currently playing for Real Salt Lake in the MLS

Absolute Rubbish! Maynard has had exactly the same service from exactly the same players/ wide men/mid fielders etc and he's scored loads. Saborio was rubbish, Maynard is class....that's the real difference. Clarkson has never been given a run in the side.....but he looks good, every time he comes on......whereas Saborio looked Rubbish. You get what you pay for.....ie Maynard. When you pay peanuts you inevitably get monkeys, occasionally you unearth gems. The strikers with good goals to ratio you talk about....what level were they playing at.....was it as high a standard?

winner_third_h4h.gif

Have to disagree with you there.

When GJ was in charge, a lot of Maynards goals came from long distance, the service he got for those goals was pretty non-existant. When those type of goals dried up, you could see that Maynard wasn't even close to scoring.

When Millen took charge, we changed our mentaility and got more players attacking the by-line, as a result Maynard actually scored his first tap-in of the season and then proceeded to have a very good goals-to-games ratio under Millen - this I believe is due to better service.

I reckon if the same service was given to half the strikers we had under GJ we'd have seem a better return from them, including Saborio.

winner_third_h4h.gif

Poor example. Nicky scored a good few goals at the start of the season then absolutely nothing until the QPR Thunderbolt, then nothing still until Johnson's departure, now he's scored 7 in 8. To have six months in between scoring runs without a major injury or personal setback doesn't necessarily indicate the fault of the player. Before March 18th we have had the precise same team in consecutive games about 2 or 3 times from 35 games, and very few - if any - of those could show that the midfield was tinkered to engineer supply to the strikers.

Have to disagree with you there.

When GJ was in charge, a lot of Maynards goals came from long distance, the service he got for those goals was pretty non-existant. When those type of goals dried up, you could see that Maynard wasn't even close to scoring.

When Millen took charge, we changed our mentaility and got more players attacking the by-line, as a result Maynard actually scored his first tap-in of the season and then proceeded to have a very good goals-to-games ratio under Millen - this I believe is due to better service.

I reckon if the same service was given to half the strikers we had under GJ we'd have seem a better return from them, including Saborio.

Oh really??? What exactly did you see in the bloke, who is sooooo fantastic that he's now playing for.......wait for it......

Real Salt Lake ???????????? Look, if you want to believe that the bloke would of been immense had it not been for his awful mismanagement...then thats up to you. I guess you might want to add Agyemang to your list.....if only they were given better service eh.....if only. Well i reckon if Saborio was still here, he wouldn't of stood a chance of being given a contract by the new manager.......just my opinion!

I'd agree with that.

RR you cannot even bring yourself round to mention the previous managers name, also noticed you never miss the chance to turn the GJ knife, how he must have upset you!!

Agreed, last week he was talking about how we should all move on..........shame he can't!

closedeyes.gif

I don't think it was Robbered who posted this topic about Saborio. I wouldn't blame anyone for not succeeding in a side and formation that was constantly changed from game to game. Thankfully that seems no more the case.

I don't think it was Robbered who posted this topic about Saborio. I wouldn't blame anyone for not succeeding in a side and formation that was constantly changed from game to game. Thankfully that seems no more the case.

Still a struggle against sides below us, That's still the case.

I would just like to throw into the mix that Saborio has 2 assists to his name, Sproule who is apparently on fire has 1.

Archived