IGNORED

Burnley

aller g

Friend from the club has just rang to say coppell looks likely to join Burnley at the end of the season.

Not sure if there is any truth but she has been very reliable in the past... most notably, the arrests of the players, for which i received a ban on here for posting.

Don't slate me for writing this, i'm just passing on the information that may be of use.

p.s I'M NOT GAS!

*** just noticed this has been posted in the other thread! Sorry Folks!

Friend from the club has just rang to say coppell looks likely to join Burnley at the end of the season.

Not sure if there is any truth but she has been very reliable in the past... most notably, the arrests of the players, for which i received a ban on here for posting.

Don't slate me for writing this, i'm just passing on the information that may be of use.

p.s I'M NOT GAS!

*** just noticed this has been posted in the other thread! Sorry Folks!

Well the BBC Late Kick Off show are going to look pretty bloody stupid if that's the case. :dunno:

I'm surprised Coppell is linked to us given the distance.. but Burnley.. not a chance. He lasted 33 days at Man City.. He'd last 33 minutes that far away.

And this.

Actually there is a gert long thread about Coppell there with 2 theories dominating.

One is that they offered him the job before Laws was appointed, he just wanted it 'til the end of the season and they said no. The other is that they offered it to him but he refused 'cos he didn't want to move back Norrff

Sorry, but this is Bull$hit.

There has been a (perfectly legitimate) delay, so an opportunity for rumour mills and forums to look for a reason. These 'sources' people refer to obviously dont have links to the clubs... they are just friends spreading the sort of rumours that friends like to do.

One minute Coppell is really pissed off with the article in the Evening Post...and for printing a story that wasnt a secret, wasn't contentious and couldn't jepardise any deal.

The next minute a post appears on some northern monkey website (that has no evidence or basis on fact) so people naturally will post the same shite on here with the usual 'my source' has never been wrong before blah blah

A word to the wise - Ignore all of it...Its forum rumour mongering...it has never been right before, so why would it be now. Be safe in the knowledge that conjecture like in this thread is usually wrong 99% of the time.

I'd believe the established media if I were you

There has been a (perfectly legitimate) delay, so an opportunity for rumour mills and forums to look for a reason. These 'sources' people refer to obviously dont have links to the clubs... they are just friends spreading the sort of rumours that friends like to do.

One minute Coppell is really pissed off with the article in the Evening Post...and for printing a story that wasnt a secret, wasn't contentious and couldn't jepardise any deal.

The next minute a post appears on some northern monkey website (that has no evidence or basis on fact) so people naturally will post the same shite on here with the usual 'my source' has never been wrong before blah blah

A word to the wise - Ignore all of it...Its forum rumour mongering...it has never been right before, so why would it be now. Be safe in the knowledge that conjecture like in this thread is usually wrong 99% of the time.

AT LAST THE VOICE OF REASON

established media, what like the daily mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1266841/Steve-Coppell-way-reins-Bristol-City.html

while I understand what your saying in the rest of the post and believe it to be quite good did you have add that last line? do you really trust any established media, because i tend to find they spin more than politicians.

I'm surprised Coppell is linked to us given the distance.. but Burnley.. not a chance. He lasted 33 days at Man City.. He'd last 33 minutes that far away.

My first thoughts exactly Tom!

Ok as you said you were not gas we believe you

?

I can assure you i have 2 very strong links to the club.

I'm not saying i have never been wrong, i've been wrong on here lots of times. I was told the story, and i passed on the information.

99% of the time Forum rumours are in fact a pack of lies.

Regardless, i don't do this to get a kick out of people falling for some wild story.

If i'm wrong, i'm wrong, if i'm right, i'm right. banghead.gif

while I understand what your saying in the rest of the post and believe it to be quite good did you have add that last line? do you really trust any established media, because i tend to find they spin more than politicians.

In this instance, I totally believe the mainstream media, there's no reason not to...

...the likes of the beeb WILL have a source at this club, and have no reason (this time) to muddy the waters.....that is why JP is able to assert with authority that the deal is done and dusted....he didnt get it from reading some ballbag on a forum spreading rumour, because he got a call from one of his 'sources'.

Have you been to Burnley???

A well-off guy like Coppell wouldn't swap his golf course in Surrey for a job in Burnley in a million years. I'm pleasantly surprised he is willing to consider trekking to and from Bristol.

The other point is that Brian Laws was chosen by the Burnley board as a cost-effective option for the Championship - they had already assumed they would be relegated - so they are hardly likely to ditch him after 3-4 months to sign a new manager.

A well-off guy like Coppell wouldn't swap his golf course in Surrey for a job in Burnley in a million years. I'm pleasantly surprised he is willing to consider trekking to and from Bristol.

The other point is that Brian Laws was chosen by the Burnley board as a cost-effective option for the Championship - they had already assumed they would be relegated - so they are hardly likely to ditch him after 3-4 months to sign a new manager.

Along with TomF's post, this is another great point as to why he wouldn't go to Burnley!

I for one wouldn't choose Burnley over us, and i can't see there board ditching BL after such a short period.

I blame Iceland for all of this rubbish...

...First they cripple our economy with their bloody banks, now they ground all of our airlines with their stupid volcano so Coppell's agent can't fly into the country to oversee the deal...

...Nothing but trouble, that country...

...Ingimarsson? We don't want to touch him...

:tomato:

My first thoughts exactly Tom!

?

I can assure you i have 2 very strong links to the club.

I'm not saying i have never been wrong, i've been wrong on here lots of times. I was told the story, and i passed on the information.

99% of the time Forum rumours are in fact a pack of lies.

Regardless, i don't do this to get a kick out of people falling for some wild story.

If i'm wrong, i'm wrong, if i'm right, i'm right. banghead.gif

I do not doubt you have been told what you have been told but what i do suspect happens from time to time is disinformation coming from the club to calm us all down. people who leak stories are there for a perfectly good reason sometimes; to give factual or mythical information as is seen fit by, in this case, a football club.

I blame Iceland for all of this rubbish...

...First they cripple our economy with their bloody banks, now they ground all of our airlines with their stupid volcano so Coppell's agent can't fly into the country to oversee the deal...

...Nothing but trouble, that country...

...Ingimarsson? We don't want to touch him...

:tomato:

i could not agree more i mean i reckon the powers that be in Iceland are all dyslexic;

We ask for our cash back and they end up giving us ash back instead. i mean come on guys. blink.gif

i could not agree more i mean i reckon the powers that be in Iceland are all dyslexic;

We ask for our cash back and they end up giving us ash back instead. i mean come on guys. blink.gif

Shamelessly stolen from The Vote Now Show ....? or was it The News Quiz .....?

He doesn't have to live in the town - there are some nice parts of Lancs within commuting distance - presumably he lived somewhere nice when he played down the road at Man U.

Laws has been a disappointment - much worse than they could have imagined, I'm sure he will be sacked. lots of managers last even less than Laws, look at Cooper a Peterborough this season, Clough of course famously lasted 42 days, and SC himself left Man City afet 33 days so it doesn't always work out and if ain't working - why wait?

I actually don't think SC will go to Burnley - but just as SL interviewed and spoke to several other options it wouldn't surprise me if SC is also weighing up other options. SC has the same agent (Athole Still) as Sven Goran Erikson, Still is very well connected throughout the European football scene and is probably horified SC is talking to a small provincial club in the middle of nowhere (football wise) that Still has probably never heard of!!

The club could have avoided all this speculation (if in fact there is no hitch) by simply stating something like:

KM will take charge untill end of season. We are negotiating a contract with our preferred candidate and are confident of making the appointment within the next 7-10 days.

instead the wording of the statement with the "club or KM will make no further comment" remark has led to the speculation that there IS a problem.

CR

Archived