IGNORED

We Are Going Up

BristolCityTID

We can't put too much pressure on Coppell or the team. If we do we're not going to succeed. It took Coppell 3 years to get Reading into the prem. It may take him longer or it may take him shorter with us. I personally think that this is a fantastic appointment and that's just an understatement! He'll get the players working for him and enjoying their football. An advantage that we have now is that Coppell is good with the media. I hope that we have a lot of season ticket holders now and we'll hopefully be watching some good football. Lets not pile on the pressure and we'll see how it goes for the first season. IN COPPELL WE TRUST

Of course it matters where we finish, but for me right now, its more important to get the team playing well.

I've said a few times on here, its a 150 mile round trip for me plus bridge toll over the Severn for each game, and I - like so many - got pissed off so badly this season with the dross and hammerings we took at home. And i was not going to renew my ST to watch us getting outplayed so deppressingly often. I will renew now, in the hope that the play, but not necessarily the results are better.

Give me an another top 10 finish next season playing attractive football, allow the new manager and the new players he brings in a season to bed down.

Season after that top finish (which we will lose in the play offs - we always do...)

and then the season after that promotion to the PL

All seems easy sat here typing this....

Now lets have some patience, sit back enjoy the fact we have one of the potentially brightest managers, potentially a fantastic new stadium, potentailly a chance to put an ever greater distance between us and Rovers, and look forward to a 0-6 dicking by Man U in a few years time.

Whilst it would be nice to go straight up next season, ile stick to the steady progress and "filling in gaps in the squad" over 3 seasons approach. That way when we do go up We will be solid enough to compete at the next level.

Exciting times ahead, just need to get there in due course.

At least someone on this forum speaks sense

Cant see that there is anything wrong with having belief in the one of best managers in this division, :dunno: he for sure and the players will be trying to get us up with record points and wins.

Cant see that there is anything wrong with having belief in the one of best managers in this division, :dunno: he for sure and the players will be trying to get us up with record points and wins.

No pressure then.

No pressure then.

You`re the second person to posted that to me today; but no pressure, (unless random loanees start appearing) just a goal to aim for, no point aiming for the middle when you can go for the top.

I just want whats best for our club, that was to get rid of GJ, its now to move on and upwards.

You`re the second person to posted that to me today; but no pressure, (unless random loanees start appearing) just a goal to aim for, no point aiming for the middle when you can go for the top.

I just want whats best for our club, that was to get rid of GJ, its now to move on and upwards.

of course its the aim. Its the aim every season. But if it becomes an expectation then the pressure will be immense if there's a wobble or its not going perfectly to plan.

Listen to Coppells interview. Nothing is guaranteed in football there are a million variables.

Get behind the manager and see where it takes us but dont start making things an expectation because that way disappointment lies. Steve Lansdown is doing his best, Steve Coppell will be doing his best and he'll get the players giving their best.

Its possible to believe in the team without expecting to win the league and telling people we're going up. Try to remember there are 23 other teams trying to do the same.

WE ARE GOING UP

Is that the same "We are going up" that everybody mentioned when we signed some fella from Ajax and a Costa Rican striker?

When I look at Coppell's track record, he's done bloody well and I'm really glad we got him (he was in my top 3 wish list), but I do have slight nerves that he may carry on where he left off with Reading ie. The wrong direction! Here's hoping I'm wrong :preacher:

Is that the same "We are going up" that everybody mentioned when we signed some fella from Ajax and a Costa Rican striker?

When I look at Coppell's track record, he's done bloody well and I'm really glad we got him (he was in my top 3 wish list), but I do have slight nerves that he may carry on where he left off with Reading ie. The wrong direction! Here's hoping I'm wrong :preacher:

They got relegated from the Prem on goal difference and the fans campaigned for him to stay. The next season they finished 4th and lost out in the play offs. I'm not sure sugesting he was taking them in the wrong direction is entirely fair.

Archived