IGNORED

James Harper

Pickle Rick

Yes please yes please yes please yes please

had an average season by his standerds and sill scored something like 9 goals in 35 ish games from midfield. I think he would be a great addition to the squad and would certinatly trade Him for say Williams.

I belive we will see a good few comings and goings in the summer and won't bother giving my view on here cos I'm sure there's already a thread about it but James harper, yes please yes please yes please yes please

If you ain't already guessed I rate him highly and think he would be a great signing

I agree with you that hes good, and i would want him here!

BUT we have skuse, elliott, hartley so surely we cant have 4 top midfielders who will want to start each week!

those 4 probs scored around 9 between them last season - we need a goal scoring midfielder.

I agree with you that hes good, and i would want him here!

BUT we have skuse, elliott, hartley so surely we cant have 4 top midfielders who will want to start each week!

Well, James Harper is a quality midfielder at this level, if we were to sign him, then I'm not bothered if Marv or Skuse leave.

Better options out their.

Who would be that better option?

Harper would arrive on a free transfer as he's out of contract.

I think he'd be a fantastic signing and what was said before about Williams, Sno & LJ probably off, what better deal is out there?

Would be a strong addition, still remember a thunderbolt he scored for reading against possibly Liverpool* in their first season in Prem

*not entirely sure but seem to remember Gerrard's disbelieving face following it??!!

must say though, when i saw the thread title i was expecting the opening post to read "good player.." haha

Who would be that better option?

Harper would arrive on a free transfer as he's out of contract.

I think he'd be a fantastic signing and what was said before about Williams, Sno & LJ probably off, what better deal is out there?

Just because he would be free doesn't mean he would be a good signing as he would take money up from the wage structure. Would prefer that Burnley reject who criticised Laws or Taarbart on loan for example. Other players I would like over Harper would be Danns or Ambrose from Palarse if they went down. All the above imo better options then Harper IMO.

Very good player at this level, would be an excellent addition to the squad with Sno possibly returning to Holland and question marks over Johnson/Williams futures at the club.

One thing that no-one has mentioned is that he is left footed! Can't remember too many left-footed attacking players in recent years (bar McIndoe/Tinnion).

Many clubs will be after him, but surely Stevie Coppell can encourage him to join City. Shall wait and see on this one. :]

Just because he would be free doesn't mean he would be a good signing as he would take money up from the wage structure. Would prefer that Burnley reject who criticised Laws or Taarbart on loan for example. Other players I would like over Harper would be Danns or Ambrose from Palarse if they went down. All the above imo better options then Harper IMO.

I think the majority would disagree. Do you really think his wages would be excessive? I don't see him a the top earner should he sign. Compare what him and Ambrose would cost in total, Ambrose would end up more money overall surely? Not that he isn't decent, Ambrose however is a winger and Harper isn't. Not too sure about Danns, has looked decent but would still be a big fee if we were to sign anyone from Palarse.

Plus is Danns a better/established player up to Harper?

I think the majority would disagree. Do you really think his wages would be excessive? I don't see him a the top earner should he sign. Compare what him and Ambrose in total would cost, Ambrose would end up more money. Not that he isn't decent, Ambrose however is a winger and Harper isn't. Not too sure about Danns, has looked decent but would still be a big fee if we were to sign anyone from Palarse.

Darren Ambrose IMO is a completely different league to James Harper, highlighted by being only 26 years old and already scoring more career goals than Harper DESPITE spending the majority of his playing career in the Premier League, unlike Harper.

Ambrose would end up more money but he would be a long term signing who is proven at the level we as a club aspire to. Ambrose isn;t just a winger he has spent the majority of this season playing in the middle.

Archived