IGNORED

Ian Dowie

Southport Red

This time last year he was helping Shearer relegate Newcastle, now he is working his magic at Hull

How do these people keep getting jobs?

Because he was available and willing to to take the job at short notice.

A lot of managers won't touch a short term contract like that. Great if you succeed, but if you fail it can be very damaging to your reputation.......as Shearer found out.

Because he was available and willing to to take the job at short notice.

A lot of managers won't touch a short term contract like that. Great if you succeed, but if you fail it can be very damaging to your reputation.......as Shearer found out.

Did They honestly think Dowie would do a better job then Brown :blink:

Just bizarre all round.

To be fair to Dowie, no manager would have been able to save Hull having taken over so late in the season. I heard on the radio that at Hull the 'sum of the parts do not reach the quality required'.

Nice way to say 'you ain't good enough' I thought.

ye strange appointment getting dowie,im glad hull will be going down.

also watching windass on skysports news as a pundit is painfull,the guy cant even talk!

On a personal note i'm well chuffed they went down, working just the other side of the river Humber from Hull and with a fair few tigers fans i've had my fair share of "stick" the past 2 seasons. As for Windass....... he does struggle and gets his "mords wixed up!!"

On a personal note i'm well chuffed they went down, working just the other side of the river Humber from Hull and with a fair few tigers fans i've had my fair share of "stick" the past 2 seasons. As for Windass....... he does struggle and gets his "mords wixed up!!"

I have some very close friends who are Tigers and I do feel for them...

...but the evil side of me can't help reflecting that if you'd asked me at the end of the Wembley match whether two years later I'd rather have had a handful of decent results, some patronising media slaps on the back, shite football for a season and a half, financial ruin and Ian Dowie...

...or Steve Coppell, a great Chair, the prospect of a new ground and things to look forward to...

I'd have taken the latter.

Often better to travel hopefully than arrive...

On the subject of Phil Brown I was away about 3 weeks ago in Egypt and he happened to be on my flight then also staying in the same hotel as me. I orginally didn't like him much at all till I meet him and he actually is a top guy. Was happy enough to discuss football with me. All in all a top bloke. Who was very nice about Bristol City.

It was a crazy appoinment. Hull will have to cut the cloth big time for next season. I heard today that they have already spent 10m of the parachute money.

thats what i thought, also any one else find it strange that burnley appoint brian i just got sacked for putting wednesday in the drop zone laws to save burnley from the drop duh no brainer

It was a crazy appoinment. Hull will have to cut the cloth big time for next season. I heard today that they have already spent 10m of the parachute money.

I said this on another thread yesterday, but Hull are now destined for administration. The wages that some of their players are rumoured to be earning are obscene, for very average footballers.

He took Palace down in 2005 (though he did get them up with a great late surge to the playoffs the year before).

Charlton's relegation and subsequent fall to League One was put into place by him- he made a load of signings and tried to change things very quickly there after Curbishley left.

Now he has helped to relegate Hull. Who IMO would have been better off sticking with Brown. Actually, there is speculation that Dowie will be out in the summer and Brown will return.

Like when Chris Hutchings took over from Paul Jewell twice at Wigan and Bradford and on both occasions, was sacked by the start of November!

How do these managers keep getting jobs?

ye strange appointment getting dowie,im glad hull will be going down.

also watching windass on skysports news as a pundit is painfull,the guy cant even talk!

i understand sky are televising match at blackpool next week. how about this for a banner. BCFC WELCOMES HCFC BACK TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP. hopefully sky cameras film it.

Archived