IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

bcfc_Jamie

I went to the gate with my step dad today as my dad was not available. He is a Blackburn season ticket holder and he said he wouldn't mind maynard there! He thought he looked sharp and has a good eye for goal. I hope we do keep onto him in the summer as he has been top class this season and will only get better, but surely some teams will be looking at him? I.e, Newcastle, West Brom, Blackburn, Stoke and maybe even Fulham. Your thoughts?

I agree he's come on leaps and bounds over the summer and I fear we will struggle to hold onto him however I don't feel we are a selling club and Coppell won't want to get rid of him so if we do lose him it will be for an awful lot of money plus add-ons. I'd say around £8million?

I agree he's come on leaps and bounds over the summer and I fear we will struggle to hold onto him however I don't feel we are a selling club and Coppell won't want to get rid of him so if we do lose him it will be for an awful lot of money plus add-ons. I'd say around £8million?

My thoughts exactly!

A large part of securing the services of a top manger in my opinion was to stop the gems we have being snapped up!

Thankfully Coppell more than fills the criteria :winner_third_h4h:

I think, as soon as a striker gets past that "magic" 20 goals figure, people will definitely sit up and take notice.

Particularly, as someone else said, when he has played in a team that has struggled for large parts of the season.

IF we do keep him and get him a decent partner up front, I'd back him to score even more next season!

Interestingly Keith said yesterday that Nicky is not a natural goalscorer but if he keeps working hard he could become one. I see his point; only recently has Nicky started getting tap-ins as opposed to wonder goals. He needs at least another season with us to develop his game.

I think he'll need to play with a bigger striker next season if he's going to get more goals, as e come run of flick ons and get a dew more tap INS!

Whether big or not Keith said we need to sign a striker to play alongside him and that will be a priority in the summer. Doesn't bode well for Clarkson and Akinde.

I would be very surprised if prem clubs were not sniffing around him this summer. I reckon we would need a bid of at least £8m to consider selling him because finding a goalscorer at this level is not easy.

£8m? Behave, anybody bids £4-5m and he's a gonner! Good player yes, potential prem player yes, good enough at the moment? No chance!!

Don't really think he has enough of an all round game for us to be worried by prem interest.

He's second in the goal-scoring charts, for a team that's hardly prolific and he's still fairly young. That in itself would warrant Prem interest. I don't think we'll sell him unless someone comes in with a massive bid as he is so essential to us, but nobody will bid 8 million for him, far too much risk. I think we'd need more than most are willing to pay so it's quite likely he'll stay imo.

There will definitely be interest from abroad and from the Prem. Its a toughy, if we get say 6m offered, then I think SC would take it and put it towards his kitty for kitson :laugh:, no seriously, we must keep Maynard, but not against his will and to the detriment to the club.

Dont be surprised to see him end up at Aston Villa or Man U.

There will definitely be interest from abroad and from the Prem. Its a toughy, if we get say 6m offered, then I think SC would take it and put it towards his kitty for kitson :laugh:, no seriously, we must keep Maynard, but not against his will and to the detriment to the club.

Aston villa or man u? Shut up!!

This summer?! Are you insane?!

Nicky has had a great season espcially considering most of the season the crap service he gets and most of the time relying on Haynes or just some brilliance of his own. I've noticed this season still comes in deep at times and so then isn't in the box when a cross or a decent chance. Though to be fair think he's just been coming deep to just get the ball, do think movement will improve once better service. Will be in the Premier League sooner or later though 8 million is just ridiculous but if a prem team offer 4/5 million I can see it would be tempting for SL.

I am so glad to see Nicky doing well, I always had faith in him being a fan of him when he was at Crewe I thought he was a very wise investment.

At times he has not quite looked the finished article, but he is young and when he is on fire he is pretty much unstoppable. The thing that I love about him is that when he scores one you always fancy him to score again, he is a big confidence player and I think that was the same when he was at Crewe, sadly this works in reverse when things are not coming off for him and I don't think that he quite has enough about his all round game yet for the Premier League.

I think Nicky owes us at least another year and I am confident he will be here next year I am excited to see his overall progress.

£8M is crazy talk. The going rate seems to be about £5m. Lets hope SC and SL really want to keep him as I suspect we will get offers soon.

Dont see how it is crazy considering we are likely to have to give a sell on fee to Crewe. Dont see the point in selling the best goalscorer in the league for a small profit? I can't see how Lansdown would sell him unless we were offered in the region of £8m - remember he is very young and this obviously adds to his value as he has managed to score 20 goals when he is still nowhere near the finished article.

I know he is probably only actually worth £4 - £5m but there would be no point in us selling him for that...

Dont see how it is crazy considering we are likely to have to give a sell on fee to Crewe. Dont see the point in selling the best goalscorer in the league for a small profit? I can't see how Lansdown would sell him unless we were offered in the region of £8m - remember he is very young and this obviously adds to his value as he has managed to score 20 goals when he is still nowhere near the finished article.

I know he is probably only actually worth £4 - £5m but there would be no point in us selling him for that...

I don't think he is saying he'd sell him for that, just that it's ludicrous to think that any Premier League club is going to bid 8 million for him, which I agree with.

i cant see maynard going this season unless a prem club offer over £4m then it will be the classic 'we couldnt stand in the lads way' which is fair enough. personally i think he needs another good season to get the prem boys snifffing. there may be interest from one or two big head championship clubs but that would be swiftly rebuffed IMO.

if he gets 20 again next year, the same thread will appear again on the is forum but the problem then will be he only has one year left on his contract. if we go up next year which i hope happens but would be surprised if it did he would signa new deal im sure, if we dont we would have a hell of job trying to keep hold of him.

Archived