IGNORED

Dave Kitson

Southport Red

Anybody who has ever played for SC will now be linked with us. Any journalist (I use the term loosely in relation to the NOTW) sitting in the pub with his laptop can just make up a story. I wouldn't take too much notice.

Exactly right. A perfect example of a journo putting 2+2=5 together after his 5th pint.....

They'd bite our hands off with a bid of £2M

Kitson and Maynard up front.... yes please.

just what we need. someone who can hold theball up and but also knows where the net is. would be perfect with maynard. but as other posters have said this is surely just a made up story where a journo has no substance except the fact that coppell obviously rate him and he might be avaliable.

one things for sure, if we are serious about Premier League football this is the sort of target we should be going for.

just what we need. someone who can hold theball up and but also knows where the net is. would be perfect with maynard. but as other posters have said this is surely just a made up story where a journo has no substance except the fact that coppell obviously rate him and he might be avaliable.

one things for sure, if we are serious about Premier League football this is the sort of target we should be going for.

Ibrahima Sonko will be the next to be linked. Double deal with Stoke?

Heard Liam Lawrence will be leaving the Britannia as well.....

Kitson - yes please but only if we can get him at a decent price or on a season long loan mighht be prefarable in case he drops down to championship and looks disinterested. he is no spring chicken either at 30

Ingirmarson - On a free seems like a no brainer. Coppel loves him, played at a higher level (and did well). He could take over from Carey perfectly, and we can keep Carey on as cover for him.

Sonko - Would be quality however with hull now dropping into championships they will prob keep him if he on a reasonable contract, and only offload him if hes on mega bucks in which case we couldnt match his wages

LIam Lawrence! - I hadnt heard he was leaving Stoke but i would literally drive up there and bring him down myself. What a player! It would be amazing if we could get the poor irish mans david beckham on the right, and then an out and out winger down the left. Surely he would want to stay in prem though and get offers?

Kitson - yes please but only if we can get him at a decent price or on a season long loan mighht be prefarable in case he drops down to championship and looks disinterested. he is no spring chicken either at 30

Ingirmarson - On a free seems like a no brainer. Coppel loves him, played at a higher level (and did well). He could take over from Carey perfectly, and we can keep Carey on as cover for him.

Sonko - Would be quality however with hull now dropping into championships they will prob keep him if he on a reasonable contract, and only offload him if hes on mega bucks in which case we couldnt match his wages

LIam Lawrence! - I hadnt heard he was leaving Stoke but i would literally drive up there and bring him down myself. What a player! It would be amazing if we could get the poor irish mans david beckham on the right, and then an out and out winger down the left. Surely he would want to stay in prem though and get offers?

I wouldn't bank on it. Hull are in a desperate financial state. Paul Duffen said they would not go in to administration-yet. With a wage bill at 90% of turnover (and that turnover will now plummet) and with the likes of Bullard on an alleged wage of up to £60k a week they will have to shed as many as possible, particularly as there are allegedly no relegation clauses in their contracts. Their auditors said they would have to find up to £23m to remain a going concern. They have mortgaged themselves up to the hilt against future income and the Guardian has alleged their owner has taken money out of the club in the form of loans to himself. They are the next Portsmouth in waiting.

I wouldn't bank on it. Hull are in a desperate financial state. Paul Duffen said they would not go in to administration-yet. With a wage bill at 90% of turnover (and that turnover will now plummet) and with the likes of Bullard on an alleged wage of up to £60k a week they will have to shed as many as possible, particularly as there are allegedly no relegation clauses in their contracts. Their auditors said they would have to find up to £23m to remain a going concern. They have mortgaged themselves up to the hilt against future income and the Guardian has alleged their owner has taken money out of the club in the form of loans to himself. They are the next Portsmouth in waiting.

Hull have a good chance of being fourth division again inside five years thanks to Paul Duffen's rank incompetence. When they go down they will be decimated, financially nearly every player will have to go just to stop the debts increasing and they'll be in administration next season more likely than not - those two things combined point to double relegation.

Hull have a good chance of being fourth division again inside five years thanks to Paul Duffen's rank incompetence. When they go down they will be decimated, financially nearly every player will have to go just to stop the debts increasing and they'll be in administration next season more likely than not - those two things combined point to double relegation.

You're right about Duffen. I should of course have referred to Adam Pearson who came back to try to sort out the mess Duffen had created. Not an enviable task. At least one relegation is on the cards for them indeed. How much longer can clubs go on like this and survive as an entity at all? Could they be the first to of the current crop of mismanaged clubs to disappear altogether? No doubt Burnley fans are disappointed at their relegation but their club remains financially sound thanks to sensible financial management.

Got subbed against chelsea - told them to f off

Didnt look happy, stormed off down the tunnel

Mayb thats a sign he isnt happy at stoke :fingerscrossed:

Cant see us paying 30k a week wages, and i dont blame us to be honest.

Not an amazing record in the Prem, but formidable in the Champ. not happy at Sjoke either it seems, but wages will be a deal breaker. could possibly see him join on loan if we can stump up for some of his wages? but I Don't think we'll be the only team in for him, a new promoted Prem side might chance they're arm, but after the WC who knows what gems will be available.

We have to be a very attractive proposition though, as good as any other Champ side. I cant see Pullis doing us any favors mindyou, but they may need to sell.

Yes to all of these - but as others have stated, wages would be a massive barrier to getting Kitson and Lawrence unless Steve L wants to go large.

Guest Topi Katti

Did anybody see Chelsea v Stoke today?

Pullis pulled Kitson off with 25 minutes to go, the camera did a close up, and he said to Pullis 'you F'ing Wa*ker' as he walked down the tunnel.

Pullis went all red faced. Well funny!

Did anybody see Chelsea v Stoke today?

Pullis pulled Kitson off with 25 minutes to go, the camera did a close up, and he said to Pullis 'you F'ing Wa*ker' as he walked down the tunnel.

Pullis went all red faced. Well funny!

There you go, he's one of us already! Sign him on!!

As others have said, it's an easy link, but I'd love him here

They'd bite our hands off with a bid of £2M

No they wouldn't. And it might have escaped your notice but he is a regular starter for them at the moment.

We had to pay a 6 figure fee just to get him back on a 3 month loan last season and then the option to purchase price was around £4m. THat is on top of his £30k per week wages.

Is he worth that? I don't think so. If you can get him for £3m and around £15k a week then he might be worth the risk.

Saw the incident and Kitson signalled as though Pulis was cluless, well so much for old news.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he did join up with us, and let's face it we may have to pay 20k a week for some of the better players to get to the prem.

Not surprised Kitson was subbed though - never looked like he was going to trouble their defence.

CR

No they wouldn't. And it might have escaped your notice but he is a regular starter for them at the moment.

We had to pay a 6 figure fee just to get him back on a 3 month loan last season and then the option to purchase price was around £4m. THat is on top of his £30k per week wages.

Is he worth that? I don't think so. If you can get him for £3m and around £15k a week then he might be worth the risk.

cant see us paying that sort of silly money. especially for a 30 year old who will have virtually no resale value. he's a good player, the sort of player we need but not with those sums.

its just lazy journalism im sure.

Archived