IGNORED

Sproule

James

Obviously Ivan made his feelings known after the Swansea game and I (along with the majority) believe he is an effective impact player. However his distribution has improved MASSIVELY! obviously the pull back for Maynard in the Swans game springs to mind but also the driven cross that Clarkson should have tucked away shortly afterwards as well as the quality first time ball he smashed into the mixer after coming on yesterday.

Obviously something he's been working on but really nice to see him notably improving his game as i'm sure most of us have been guilty this season and seasons past of donning the expression "just like sproule" when a cross/pass/shot goes wrong.

thoughts?

Obviously Ivan made his feelings known after the Swansea game and I (along with the majority) believe he is an effective impact player. However his distribution has improved MASSIVELY! obviously the pull back for Maynard in the Swans game springs to mind but also the driven cross that Clarkson should have tucked away shortly afterwards as well as the quality first time ball he smashed into the mixer after coming on yesterday.

Obviously something he's been working on but really nice to see him notably improving his game as i'm sure most of us have been guilty this season and seasons past of donning the expression "just like sproule" when a cross/pass/shot goes wrong.

thoughts?

Yes i agree, and maybe SC can bring even more out of him, after all he was a half tidy right winger himself!!

He has improved, however his fitness seems questionable as he can't sustain his pace... He seems knackered after 10 mins...

And then his positional sence needs work ... He doesn't offer himself enough INFRONT of Orr, he's always wanting the ball next to Orr ...

He never seems to be out on the touch line on the left back when Orrs carrying it forward .. So he can run on to balls over the top from hartley or a slide split ball from Orr ...

But I guess it's all stuff that Coppell as a winger himself can drum into him ??

He has improved, however his fitness seems questionable as he can't sustain his pace... He seems knackered after 10 mins...

And then his positional sence needs work ... He doesn't offer himself enough INFRONT of Orr, he's always wanting the ball next to Orr ...

He never seems to be out on the touch line on the left back when Orrs carrying it forward .. So he can run on to balls over the top from hartley or a slide split ball from Orr ...

But I guess it's all stuff that Coppell as a winger himself can drum into him ??

Agree strongly with all your points, although i'm not sure it was a lack of fitness that affected him, i think it was more likely the fact that he didnt have the beating of their left back yesterday (who i though was Derby's best player by a country mile) demonstrated by his weaving run over to the williams!

thoughts?

I hope we keep Ivan. I really think that given the right coaching he can be awesome for us. He has done very well on the back end of this season more so after GJ left.

He has improved his distribution, dribbling and majorly, his crossing. He is scaring the shite out of defenders!

I think he needs to improve his positioning the most.

You hear it in the stands when he gets the ball its more excitement than frustration at the moment, he is adding an end product to his efforts. Shame its now nearing seasons end.

Keep it up next year!

:worship2:

I though he was poor yesterday. He had one or two runs that came to nothing and then walked around like he was knackered.

To be honest he isn't going to learn to make the right decisions at his age, and that makes him a bench player or one we let go rather than a potential starter for me.

Coppell tends to like having decent wingers who produce decent crosses a lot. Sproule will be gone if so as he isn't much of a footballer. Just someone who is fast and can cause problems if you give him space at the end of a match. Tighten up on him and he doesn't go anywhere.

I though he was poor yesterday. He had one or two runs that came to nothing and then walked around like he was knackered.

To be honest he isn't going to learn to make the right decisions at his age, and that makes him a bench player or one we let go rather than a potential starter for me.

He came into the pro game late of course but I agree, if he hasn't learned yet surely he never will?

His crossing has improved and he does seem more confident lately. If he can't learn anything from

SC then he never will. Biggest problem is that he has to have a right back that wants to pass to

him, so hopefully Ribeiro will be playing in that position next season.

Agree strongly with all your points, although i'm not sure it was a lack of fitness that affected him, i think it was more likely the fact that he didnt have the beating of their left back yesterday (who i though was Derby's best player by a country mile) demonstrated by his weaving run over to the williams!

My thoughts exactly. Their left back had certainly done his home work and every time Ivan came flying at him, he just showed Ivan inside. He would not let him go on the outside, therefore as soon as Ivan got the ball thir left side centre back immediately went a little wider and was waiting to meet an oncoming Ivan.

Must admit I would be sad to see the back of Ivan as he certainly does give us a different angle and in SC I would hope he could make him a better player. Let us also not forget that by allowing McIndoe to fly the nest before last season (for whatever reason) and then not replacing him could potentially have just been the start of someone else's demise.....................

to be honest i think sproule is one of our best players nowadays, maybe he wasnt brilliant against derby but when have city been renowned for consistency. His distribution has improved hugely, and those dangerous cutbacks he does allways look like a goal may come of it (Maynard should have got one off one of his cutbacks yesterday)i think there is definite room for improvement but if SC can get him playing like he maybe can he could be a massively important player for us (also have you seen videos from when he played for hibs, absolutely class hattrick against celtic)

Archived