IGNORED

East End Segregation...

The Chaplain

One thing that's been a bit annoying in the last few games of the season is how we in the East End had been consistently shoved into the corner. I appreciate that the away following for these games have been larger than average but is it still really necessary to have 2 whole blocks of segregation?

Personally I much prefer being behind the goal, I'm sure it's better for the team to have their own fans central at both ends too and it looks poor on the tv when the area behind the goal is empty. Surely a few rows of seats, with the netting, is sufficient to keep fans apart in all but the most explosive of games and can't the away support be filled up from the corner around, rather than starting from behind the goal?

One thing that's been a bit annoying in the last few games of the season is how we in the East End had been consistently shoved into the corner. I appreciate that the away following for these games have been larger than average but is it still really necessary to have 2 whole blocks of segregation?

Personally I much prefer being behind the goal, I'm sure it's better for the team to have their own fans central at both ends too and it looks poor on the tv when the area behind the goal is empty. Surely a few rows of seats, with the netting, is sufficient to keep fans apart in all but the most explosive of games and can't the away support be filled up from the corner around, rather than starting from behind the goal?

Join the q of people asking the exact same questions. This was asked the forza eastend website. I came up with this quick picture, would be intresting to know why this could not be done.

Why could this not work? Nice lot of netting, enough space for away fans, more than enough space for us. Block B is the biggest in the east end, but the club hardly ever puts the away fans in there, but then we get stuck with block H.

eastendground.png

Why are we giving away fans a nice decent view? Stuff them in the corner.

Netting is good ever tried going under netting, going over is impossible. Every big game in this country ther's segregation. But then again i think BCFC takes it abit too serious, or should we go back to when i remember City - West -Ham spitting at each other 1-1 by the way. (I thinks)

It's completely over the top, and unnecessary to have 2 whole blocks of segregation.

Look at any Premier fixture where the grounds tend to be pretty much full and you will see away fans separated from home fans by only a row of stewards eg white Hart Lane, The shed stand at Stamford Bridge, Everton etc even when there is a local Derby.

Pushing our fans up into the corner is disrespectfull to supporters who have paid for a season ticket and should - at least - be able to remain in the same block each week.

The east end was only opened following intense fan pressure and lobbying - SL was if you recall very anti the opening of the EE and had to be persueded.

The club have - I believe (I don't sit in the EE but support/sympathise with those who do) banned flags, megaphone etc, in the EE

When you watch Champions League matches on TV and witness the fantastic atmosphere genarated by the "Ultras" at grounds like the San Siro with all the flags, flares, banners etc - it's sad that our national game is having all the matchday atmosphere sucked out by unecessary crowd control measures and over policing when there hasn't been any trouble inside a ground for years.

No doubt things will be even more controlled in the new bowl where I expect the no standing, sit down shut up pay up policy to be even more in evidence.

The club will continue no doubt to ask us fans to "get behind the team" whilst putting every obstacle in the way of doing so in the traditional manner.

Just my 10p worth - no doubts others will disagree.

CodeRed

It's completely over the top, and unnecessary to have 2 whole blocks of segregation.

Look at any Premier fixture where the grounds tend to be pretty much full and you will see away fans separated from home fans by only a row of stewards eg white Hart Lane, The shed stand at Stamford Bridge, Everton etc even when there is a local Derby.

Pushing our fans up into the corner is disrespectfull to supporters who have paid for a season ticket and should - at least - be able to remain in the same block each week.

The east end was only opened following intense fan pressure and lobbying - SL was if you recall very anti the opening of the EE and had to be persueded.

The club have - I believe (I don't sit in the EE but support/sympathise with those who do) banned flags, megaphone etc, in the EE

When you watch Champions League matches on TV and witness the fantastic atmosphere genarated by the "Ultras" at grounds like the San Siro with all the flags, flares, banners etc - it's sad that our national game is having all the matchday atmosphere sucked out by unecessary crowd control measures and over policing when there hasn't been any trouble inside a ground for years.

No doubt things will be even more controlled in the new bowl where I expect the no standing, sit down shut up pay up policy to be even more in evidence.

The club will continue no doubt to ask us fans to "get behind the team" whilst putting every obstacle in the way of doing so in the traditional manner.

Just my 10p worth - no doubts others will disagree.

CodeRed

Old open end, i was talking about, when theirs abig club down here the club is losing money. Your'e right in alot aways. Health & ****ING saftey. Then again lets not go there.

As mentioned above, there is very narrow segregation at almost all other clubs. Old Firm games, Man Utd v Liverpool, Arsenal v Spurs - all games with huge rivalries and a big history of trouble - all have far less segration than when we play a run of the mill game against the likes of S****horpe, Derby, Norwich etc. It's crazy. Why is this?

As mentioned above, there is very narrow segregation at almost all other clubs. Old Firm games, Man Utd v Liverpool, Arsenal v Spurs - all games with huge rivalries and a big history of trouble - all have far less segration than when we play a run of the mill game against the likes of S****horpe, Derby, Norwich etc. It's crazy. Why is this?

In all fairness tho whenever its a sell out for example the Newcastle game the segregation is just the same as all the other clubs you have mentioned (very narrow)

Personally i dont like being shoved in the corner shite view etc etc. But If we were to go with Bring back the robins idea and be given block's H,G,F and E do people really think that would improve the atmopshere? Ok the view would be better as we would be behind the goal, but at the end of the day we would have 1,500 of us in an area meant for 3,000 odd which would just look stupid and would break up the singing i reckon.

Next season i would like to see us have blocks F and E but for people to ONLY go in those two blocks leaving G and H block empty. Obviously when there is overflow use G and H but otherwise keep it empty.

Can people see where im coming from with this idea or not?? juggle.gif

i sit (stand) in the EE and in the last few moments of the match the police moved to the front of the stand to stop the pitch invasion, leaving no police or stewards in the middle two empty sections.

Fans spilled over to the spare section to applaud the team on their lap of appreciation - and the Derby fans who had been excellent all match stayed behind to sing and in some cases clap our players.

There was no trouble then, and I'm sure there wouldnt have been if we had been closer together.

i think the greater the distance the more the young un's goad each other, and i for one, as a balding 40 year old would much rather support our team on the pitch rather than trade gestures or insults with some spotty pre pubescent oik giving it the big 'I am' from the away end.

Lets get some perspective here...

Not that I disagree with the whole jist of this thread but the difference between the Eastend and the games/grounds you mention above is that the eastend is free roaming while those grounds has a stringent policy of sit where your ticket says. I dont know about anyone else but if I was given the option I would much prefer to free roam and not be right next to the away fans rather than be told which seat I had to sit in but some people be allowed to sit right next to the away fans.

Not that I disagree with the whole jist of this thread but the difference between the Eastend and the games/grounds you mention above is that the eastend is free roaming while those grounds has a stringent policy of sit where your ticket says. I dont know about anyone else but if I was given the option I would much prefer to free roam and not be right next to the away fans rather than be told which seat I had to sit in but some people be allowed to sit right next to the away fans.

Although in theory it's free range people always tend to congregate in the same area every match & everyone is happy, apart, it seems, from the Goons who decided to cram everyone in the corner.

I think it's disgraceful that as a a season ticket holder I've been denied a decent view in the games v Cardiff, Forest & Swansea.

Archived