IGNORED

Bristolian Manager

beaverface

Well seeing as he was born in Cadbury Heath and therefore not from bristol. No he wont be.

Ok, if were going down the pedantic road, I never stated Holloway was Bristolian (I may have implied it), but I was asking if a Bristolian has ever managed in the top flight.

Depends how you want to look at it. Bristol is a city and county, if somewhere is not in that county, like cadbury heath then how is it part of that city.

Bristolian doesn't always mean wear your from either (most of the time it does granted), but it might just mean your accent, what accent has hollohead got ? Bristolian :D

Technically Cadbury Heath is in South Gloucestershire and not within the boundaries of the City of Bristol. Greater Bristol? Maybe but it does carry a BS post code (BS30) so although it technically isn't in the City, it's Bristol IMHO.

Well seeing as he was born in Cadbury Heath and therefore not from bristol. No he wont be.

You have to look at the place you were born not where you live, he was a native of kingswood and Holloway grew up in Cadbuty heath where his mother Jean still lives in the same council house. Now was he born in the kingswood house or born in hospital like southmead or the bristol maternity st.michaels hill as if so that would go

along way in making you a Bristolian by birth.

Technically Cadbury Heath is in South Gloucestershire and not within the boundaries of the City of Bristol. Greater Bristol? Maybe but it does carry a BS post code (BS30) so although it technically isn't in the City, it's Bristol IMHO.

When Hollowhead was born - the county of South Gloucestershire did not exist. I assume that Cadbury heath was in Avon at the time. I am from Thornbury originally but still count myself as Bristolian - although i was born in Southmead.......

When Hollowhead was born - the county of South Gloucestershire did not exist. I assume that Cadbury heath was in Avon at the time. I am from Thornbury originally but still count myself as Bristolian - although i was born in Southmead.......

Even though the short lived "avon" bristol has been a county since 1373.

Also, Avon was created in 1974 after Holloway was born.

Depends how you want to look at it. Bristol is a city and county, if somewhere is not in that county, like cadbury heath then how is it part of that city.

I believe some parts class as Somerset and other parts as South Glouceshire. Bristol is not a county in itself, excuse me if im wrong.

Yes you are wrong, bristol has been a county since 1373.

When you drive into bristol it says

Welcome to Bristol

City and County.

When applying for a passport the other day, put in my postcode which is BS4 and it come up with the County of Somerset, i don't see why a goverment website would supply incorrect information. Its a ****ed up situation with some people still even saying Avon, there needs to be real clarity on the situation.

Im sure it does say welcome to Bristol because if it said welcome to Somerset it would confuse the hell out of people, imagine the look on there faces! :D

Archived