IGNORED

Richard Wright

City1984

Just seen The tractor boys aren't going to renew his contract.

It seems our fans are split as to wether we need a new number 1 but for those that do what do think.

We definitely need a new keeper, almost as much as we need a new centre back. I dont understand why anyone would think otherwise. We could do a lot worse than Richard Wright but we could also do better (I hope). Would be a step up from Gerken though.

David Lucas of Swindon would be nice.

We definitely need a new keeper, almost as much as we need a new centre back. I dont understand why anyone would think otherwise. We could do a lot worse than Richard Wright but we could also do better (I hope). Would be a step up from Gerken though.

David Lucas of Swindon would be nice.

don't know much about Lucas can you educate me please?

Things like age, where did he come from, est on transfer fee,is he a box commander and most importantly would he help move us to the 'next level'

thanks

don't know much about Lucas can you educate me please?

Things like age, where did he come from, est on transfer fee,is he a box commander and most importantly would he help move us to the 'next level'

thanks

He's 30/31, 6ft 2ish. They signed him on a free from Leeds last season so imagine he'd have a year or two left on contract. Swindon dont have much money so doubt fee would be huge. Was Preston's number 1 a few years back and is a solid keeper. Consistent, unflappable and quite commanding from what I've seen. He wont pull off the spectular saves like Basso but wont have howlers either.

He's 30/31, 6ft 2ish. They signed him on a free from Leeds last season so imagine he'd have a year or two left on contract. Swindon dont have much money so doubt fee would be huge. Was Preston's number 1 a few years back and is a solid keeper. Consistent, unflappable and quite commanding from what I've seen. He wont pull off the spectular saves like Basso but wont have howlers either.

thanks for the info RedDave, will keep an eye out.

Depending on his wages we could do worse? A sound experienced stopper.

I'd agree with that mate, a very good goalkeeper indeed, I think if he's available on a free then it's got to be worth considering, experienced championship keeper who has also played at Premier League level and I think like many players now, he'd come here to play under Steve Coppell

Joe Lewis at Peterborough please :D

I'd rather we didnt from the few games i've seen him play for posh and from a few mates that are posh fans. A couple of them have been quite critical of him this season, he doesnt command his box for one. They say he's a good shot stopper but thats about it. His kicking looks pretty suspect at times.

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.

Joe Lewis would be no improvement upon Gerken.

If you want a box commander and someone with good experience to steady the team there are few candidates. Kelvin Davies would have been one, so would Marcus Hanneman but to my understanding we passed on the opportunity to pursue both of those players. Keiran Westwood is a confident keeper but I don't believe he has the shot stopping ability of Gerken.

Get a decent centre half first, then a keeper. I rate Lee Grant quite highly, he is a bigger and more commanding presence than the likes of Speroni. Alas, if only we kept Chris Weale.

Im happy to start next season with Gerken and Hendo as 1 and 2

if they are crap then we will address it at xmas or end of season

For me they have both earned the right to be given a pop before we look to strengthen that position

Look at Gomes at spurs he had a shocker when he joined but now he is the absolute business. Gerken has shotstopping ability in his locker, just needs some coaching on the other aspects of keeping.

Don't get this Joe Lewis love in. Remind me what happened to his team this year.....just because he's big and has played for England U21's doesn't mean he's the best goalie out there.

Gerken and Henderson both have enough about them to be good goalies, just give them a good, settled defence to play in front of

Richard Wright is a player with a great future behind him. So no thanks. I share the common view of Speroni but I imagine he will have his pick of a lot of clubs. As other have said I'm happy to go with Dean and Stephen and focus on the defence first.

Prefer speroni to be fair from palace. If you watched the game on Monday then you'll know why. Our chances will be improved if they go down

Speroni is a quality keeper and I'd be very happy to see him here next season. I hear he's probably off to QPR though to link up with Warnock again.

We do need a new keeper though, one with a proven track record that will instill confidence in the team from day one. The Championship doesn't look to have the 'certs' to go up next season so this presents us with a great opportunity. That's not a situation where we should be taking a gamble on gerken with a view to replacing him at Xmas. We could have knackered our season by then.

Having said that, finding 'that' keeper is easier said than done!

Im happy to start next season with Gerken and Hendo as 1 and 2

if they are crap then we will address it at xmas or end of season

For me they have both earned the right to be given a pop before we look to strengthen that position

Look at Gomes at spurs he had a shocker when he joined but now he is the absolute business. Gerken has shotstopping ability in his locker, just needs some coaching on the other aspects of keeping.

Why continue with a keeper (Gerkin) who is still developing when City could bring in an experienced keeper?

There is no sentiment in football and saying that Gerkin and Henderson have 'earned the right' is simply wrong.

Speroni would be my choice but Colin rates him him highly and he could end up at QPR if Palace get relegated.

Archived