IGNORED

Ok, Own Up. Who Started This One?

Southport Red

Steve coppell is trying to tempt bobby convey back to england to play for bristol city whilst on holiday in the US plus leeds fans you are dreaming if you think you are going to get maynard why would he want to leave a sustained championship club for a club who has just come up. i am a fan of san jose earthquakes and understand coppell has been in contact.

And this one?

Leeds have had a 1.5 million bid rejected for maynard by bristol city as they want atleast 2.5m for him

Steve coppell is trying to tempt bobby convey back to england to play for bristol city whilst on holiday in the US plus leeds fans you are dreaming if you think you are going to get maynard why would he want to leave a sustained championship club for a club who has just come up. i am a fan of san jose earthquakes and understand coppell has been in contact.

And this one?

Leeds have had a 1.5 million bid rejected for maynard by bristol city as they want atleast 2.5m for him

I blame LJ!innocent06.gif

Selling Maynard is a big NO - we would have to spend as much to replace him. He got 21 this season on poor service, next I hope he will get even more if we can find a decent partner for him.

Love football rumour sites; maybe we can spread that Coppell is in America watching the US world cup training camp and the whole "family engagement" is a ploy :englandsmile4wf::dancing6:

Given SC shipped Convey out because of continuous injury problems I hardly think so. Another case of he played for Reading so let's say Coppell wants him.

What strikes me about the Nicky rumours is that the people who make them up obviously have no idea how much we paid for him so make up fees that would mean a loss. The Leeds one is at least less ridiculous than others I have seen, especially from a persistent Barnsley fan who keeps claiming he is going there. Mind you the same one repeatedly says they are signing Beckford too. Barnsley is obviously the place all star strikers want to be. :crying:

Maynard to leeds NOT A CHANCE !!!!! :disapointed2se:

Maybe beckford coming to us to partner Nicky ????? that might be worth looking at

Not unless he prefers us to Everton who seem pretty certain to get him when he is out of contract by all accounts. Not likely he would regard us as bigger than Leeds anyway, particularly as they will be promoted when they stuff the Gas.

Thats laughable considering the Maynard cost City £2.25m! Leeds would know that.

He's a far more valuable asset now than he was when he signed for City. Bids less than £4m would be shown the door by Steve Lansdown.

Things have moved on. He is now apparently going to both Newcastle for £2.5m and Wolves for £3m. So that gets us the minimum £5.5m we would consider. :innocent06:

I repeat, do these fantasising morons not bother to check how much we paid for him before making up their fairy tales?

The worrying thought is that if Leeds do get promoted, they'll be exactly the sort of team that I'd expect to see spending big in an attempt to get back to "where they belong"TM.

Quite the opposite, they barely spend a penny. There fans are fed up with Bates & whoever owns them.

And this one?

Today's "100 True" transfer rumours

06 May 2010 12:06:55

Bristol city news

INS:

HULSE (swap+500K)

MACKIE 400K

SONKO 800K

SAWYER FREE

HARPER FREE

OUTS:

JOHNSON (SWAP)

WILLIAMS 250K

TRUNDLE FREE

B.WILSON FREE

COLLIS FREE

100% TRUE BCFC CRAIG.

Who are ya BCFC Craig?

Bristol city news

INS:

HULSE (swap+500K)

MACKIE 400K

SONKO 800K

SAWYER FREE

HARPER FREE

OUTS:

JOHNSON (SWAP)

WILLIAMS 250K

TRUNDLE FREE

B.WILSON FREE

COLLIS FREE

100% TRUE BCFC CRAIG.

Who are ya BCFC Craig?

The ironic thing with that is I would more than happy with those.

Bristol city news

INS:

HULSE (swap+500K)

MACKIE 400K

SONKO 800K

SAWYER FREE

HARPER FREE

OUTS:

JOHNSON (SWAP)

WILLIAMS 250K

TRUNDLE FREE

B.WILSON FREE

COLLIS FREE

100% TRUE BCFC CRAIG.

Who are ya BCFC Craig?

They don't sound THAT far-fetched..

They don't sound THAT far-fetched..

umm, swap hulse for LJ and only have to give them 500k?? didnt derby turn down 3m from boro for hulse last summer or something??? does this person posting this on football rumours think that LJ is worth £2.5M?? that is possibly the most far fetched rumour ive ever heard!!!!!!!!

umm, swap hulse for LJ and only have to give them 500k?? didnt derby turn down 3m from boro for hulse last summer or something??? does this person posting this on football rumours think that LJ is worth £2.5M?? that is possibly the most far fetched rumour ive ever heard!!!!!!!!

Agree with that bit, the rest is plausible though.

hulse is 30 now i think and always injured with only 1 year left on contract. my derby mate says he doesnt look that interested for them either.

he reckons they will sell him this summer for 500k-1m just to cash in so he doesnt leave on free

no doubt he is a star player at this level if fit and interested.

Bristol city news

INS:

HULSE (swap+500K)

MACKIE 400K

SONKO 800K

SAWYER FREE

HARPER FREE

OUTS:

JOHNSON (SWAP)

WILLIAMS 250K

TRUNDLE FREE

B.WILSON FREE

COLLIS FREE

100% TRUE BCFC CRAIG.

Who are ya BCFC Craig?

you are right about mackie,sonko,sawyer,harper but its the first time ive heard about hulse coming here. But if true that would be excellent, imagine maynard and hulse up front blimey thats gotta be one of the best frontline in the league.

you are right about mackie,sonko,sawyer,harper but its the first time ive heard about hulse coming here. But if true that would be excellent, imagine maynard and hulse up front blimey thats gotta be one of the best frontline in the league.

How is he right about them. What do you know!

The latest from stupid website is

08 May 2010 13:16:03

New Bristol City manager Steve Coppell is looking at Birmingham City stopper Maik Taylor. If Birmingham bring in a replacement for Joe Hart, Taylor will join Bristol City. Also on the Coppell radar is Southampton striker Ricky Lambert, Stoke Citys Liam Lawrence, Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair.

Archived