IGNORED

Sno And Agyemang Gone

sephjnr

Source

EVANDER Sno and Patrick Agyemang have played for Bristol City for the last time.

City will delay naming their list of retained players until new manager Steve Coppell returns from holiday in the United States on Thursday.

But the Post understands there is no place for either Sno or Agyemang in the 54-year-old Liverpudlian's plans for next season.

Sno's season-long loan from Ajax ended after Sunday's final Championship fixture at Blackpool and the former Dutch Under-21 international midfielder has returned to his parent club, while striker Agyemang, signed on a short-term deal from Queens Park Rangers in January, has gone back to Loftus Road.

Although both players expressed a desire to land a permanent move to Ashton Gate, neither has done enough to impress.

Caretaker manager Keith Millen refused to name names, but told the Post: "There are loan players who will be leaving us, while a few of the other lads are out of contract.

"It would not be right for me to say who they are until we have spoken to them first. That is really a job for the new manager, and it will be better coming from him.

"I've spoken to Steve (Coppell) on the phone and we've discussed the retained list. He is due back in the country on Thursday and we'll put out the list by the end of the week."

Coppell and Millen have been told they must trim the squad in order to free up money to fund new signings, and a significant clear-out is anticipated now that the season is over.

Young professionals Tristan Plummer, Frankie Artus and Ashley Kington are to be released, goalkeeper Steve Collis and utility player Brian Wilson are out of contract and Lee Trundle, who saw out the season on loan at Swansea, is now off the payroll.

Millen said: "The chairman (Steve Lansdown) will back the new manager as he always does and we are looking to bring in three or four new faces.

"We need to sign better players to help those lads who are already here and we have already discussed a few targets."

But neither Sno nor Agyemang are among the names being discussed. Recruited by former boss Gary Johnson after impressing in a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate last July, Dutchman Sno was hailed as a major capture at the time.

Although he impressed on occasions, notably in victories at Barnsley and Leicester, the 22-year-old proved an inconsistent performer, lost his place in the side when travelling to attend his grandmother's funeral in Surinam and made only two Championship starts after the turn of the year.

Agyemang proved even more disappointing, making just five senior appearances and failing to score a single goal after joining from Championship rivals QPR.

It was pretty evidient Sno was not going to be staying, sad imo.

I think he has all the skill needed for this league if played in the right position, be interesting to see if he stays at Ajax or goes elsewhere.

Angryman was just the most pointless signing this club has ever made.

rubbish......sno does have skill and a great first touch, but he always wanted far to much time on the ball and got dispossesed far too often and did not show any willingness to get back once he had lost it. His tracking back in general was not great and although he scored a few goals his shooting was a little wayward.

Dont think its a great loss and will expect new recruits to offer a lot more come the start of the season and more willingness to work harder for the team

Our previous manager should never have brought Agyeman to AG. That said PA was not only loan player to flop at AG. Looking back over the last few seasons there were many. Stern John springs to mind.

As for Sno - I'm a little surprised, I would have thought that he was a Coppell type of player. Different, good on the ball and hard to disposess. Has a goal or two him and very classy when allowed to play. Coppell would have got the best out of him I reckon. Shame if the EP are right about him leaving AG.

Coppell likes energetic midfielders who can play box to box for 90 minutes which you need if you play with wingers. Sno wasnt that.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is the first of a few in this department to leave this summer.

I don't think we've seen the last of Sno. He is a qualty young player and under the right management will rise through in football. Maybe the management wasn't right, maybe English football wasn't right for him!

MM

Shame Sno was never given a run of games in his best position rather than being pushed out on the left wing.

Absolutely right. When he arrived the management who brought him told us that Evander was unhappy at Ajax because he was played out of position. Evander wanted central mid-field. What did we do with him? Stick him out on the left wing!

Anyone who saw him play in central mid-field when we slaughtered Leicester away will know what a waste we made of him most of the time.

Funny old game isn't it?

Well Sno is definitely still in Bristol as I saw him in John Anthony in Cabot Circus yesterday afternoon.

Wait and see I guess.

Returning to your "parent club" and getting in a plane and leaving the country are two different things, so it's no surprise Sno might be still in Bristol. Maybe he's attending Friday's Award Evening and was buying a new outfit!?!

Its sad that Sno didn't work out, but its hardly a suprise in my opinion. Anyway, it may be that we can't afford him.

I think saying it 'could have been different if he'd played in in central mid' is only part of the story; surely Coppell and Millen would have been able to see how good he would be in his best position, even if he didn't play there much?

What would that save the club in weekly wages?

Be interesting if some stato kept a running total.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sno was on 18k, think it was on here. I would imagine PA was on at least 10-12 being that he was at QPR. So by my reckoning that would be approx 30k a week.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sno was on 18k, think it was on here. I would imagine PA was on at least 10-12 being that he was at QPR. So by my reckoning that would be approx 30k a week.

Going by Football Manager, whilst not totally accurate, is usually not far off;

Sno £18k

Agyemang £6k

B.Wilson £2k

Trundle £10k

Artus/Kington/Plummer £1.5k

Total £37.5k

Going by Football Manager, whilst not totally accurate, is usually not far off;

Sno £18k

Agyemang £6k

B.Wilson £2k

Trundle £10k

Artus/Kington/Plummer £1.5k

Total £37.5k

I wouldnt have got it off there as I don't play it! Bugging me now. Hate it when I can't remember stuff! :laugh:

If sno's wages are really 18k then that is alot of money wasted. I think he is a decent player but didnt get much oppurtunity. I would prefer a player who has prooved themselves in Championship or Preimiership level than someone from a foreign league.

No Player at Bristol City is or ever has been on 10k a week - FACT.

As for the players in question

PA - Utter garbage

Sno - As others have said how many times was he actually played in his best position in defensive midfield??? Very few times, instead he was push out wide and even upfront so that lesser players would keep their place, Sno is a QUALITY player who will no doubt spend most of his career in the top leagues in Italy/Spain/German.

But was unfortunately wasted by City and just another nail in the coffin of what summed up the past managers final months.

Anyone who felt he was a poor player clearly missed his ability which he showed in the Ajax game....still in that game I suppose people can say he was playing against a lesser team :innocent06:

No Player at Bristol City is or ever has been on 10k a week - FACT.

As for the players in question

PA - Utter garbage

Sno - As others have said how many times was he actually played in his best position in defensive midfield??? Very few times, instead he was push out wide and even upfront so that lesser players would keep their place, Sno is a QUALITY player who will no doubt spend most of his career in the top leagues in Italy/Spain/German.

But was unfortunately wasted by City and just another nail in the coffin of what summed up the past managers final months.

Anyone who felt he was a poor player clearly missed his ability which he showed in the Ajax game....still in that game I suppose people can say he was playing against a lesser team :innocent06:

Really - playing for top teams in the strongest Leagues? If so, why does Martin Jol not think him good enough for Ajax? Defensive midfield for a player who tends to avoid tackling seems unlikely also. He is Dutch; unlike England players tend not to be restricted to fixed positions form childhood. For Ajax he has played right across the midfield and up front. No doubt about his skill level but he never looked suited to the more physical game in the Championship for me, where teams are not going to allow you to dally on the ball and play at walking pace. I shall follow his future career with interest but I don't expect that to be at big European clubs. For his sake I'll be delighted to be wrong.

Really - playing for top teams in the strongest Leagues? If so, why does Martin Jol not think him good enough for Ajax? Defensive midfield for a player who tends to avoid tackling seems unlikely also. He is Dutch; unlike England players tend not to be restricted to fixed positions form childhood. For Ajax he has played right across the midfield and up front. No doubt about his skill level but he never looked suited to the more physical game in the Championship for me, where teams are not going to allow you to dally on the ball and play at walking pace. I shall follow his future career with interest but I don't expect that to be at big European clubs. For his sake I'll be delighted to be wrong.

Funny really I saw the Ajax game and thought he was outstanding and I also considered us to be very lucky to signing him. Saying that as the season went on and I stand by this I thought his best position for us would have been upfront.

Many criticised him for slowing down play but I think with his strength and ability to lay off passes I honestly feel if he would have played as more of a target man (Not hoofing balls) type player it would of ment midfield could have caught up and we could of attacked from there.

Archived