IGNORED

New Keeper

GrahamC

Keith Millen has confirmed today that with Collis moving on and Basso already gone that we will be looking to bring in a new keeper this summer.

My view is that both Gerken and Henderson are really good back up keepers at this level but I'm not sure that either is definitely a number one choice Championship goalie.

I also can't see both spending all next season with us as understudies to a new first choice, so if we sign a keeper I expect to see either Gerken opting to move on to be a first choice somewhere else (Peterborough?) or Henderson going on a season's loan to a league side.

With our interest in signing Sawyer already known and Millen having also confirmed that we are looking for a partner for Maynard, this at least confirms that 3 of the positions we will try to strengthen are keeper, left back and striker.

Keith Millen has confirmed today that with Collis moving on and Basso already gone that we will be looking to bring in a new keeper this summer.

My view is that both Gerken and Henderson are really good back up keepers at this level but I'm not sure that either is definitely a number one choice Championship goalie.

I also can't see both spending all next season with us as understudies to a new first choice, so if we sign a keeper I expect to see either Gerken opting to move on to be a first choice somewhere else (Peterborough?) or Henderson going on a season's loan to a league side.

With our interest in signing Sawyer already known and Millen having also confirmed that we are looking for a partner for Maynard, this at least confirms that 3 of the positions we will try to strengthen are keeper, left back and striker.

I saw the clubs comment on Sawyer and also the comment about keeper.

can anyone post the link to Millen talking about a new striker? I wasnt aware he had said that publicly?

can anyone post the link to Millen talking about a new striker? I wasnt aware he had said that publicly?

was thinking the same thing :dunno::dunno::dunno:

I read it in an interview with Richard Latham in the Sunday Independent a few weeks back I recall, though it may appear elsewhere also.

Keith was saying not only are we not going to sell Nicky but our priority (his word) was to sign somebody to play alongside him. Thta would give us 5 strikers, assuming the others stay, which is pretty standard if you want 2 on the field, 2 on the bench and 1 for cover I would think.

There has been several threads on the keeper subject lately, but am I in a minority who think both Gerken and Henderson are the future for the club.

Gerken in his first season at the club saved us many points, having to clear up the mistakes of a decidedly dodgy defence, only two mistakes that I believe can be attributed to him directly.

henderson did what was expected of him when he deputised, again poor defending cost us three goals in his last game.

Only my opinion of course but I fail to see the need for another goalie.

I read it in an interview with Richard Latham in the Sunday Independent a few weeks back I recall, though it may appear elsewhere also.

Keith was saying not only are we not going to sell Nicky but our priority (his word) was to sign somebody to play alongside him. Thta would give us 5 strikers, assuming the others stay, which is pretty standard if you want 2 on the field, 2 on the bench and 1 for cover I would think.

thanks for clearing that up chinapig

glad to see we are looking to bring in someone to play alongside nicky. Shares some of the goalscoring burden

Archived