IGNORED

Styvar

Tom_BcFC

Guest Parson St Station

If we are still paying for a portion of his salary,why not bring him back and see if he can do any better under a different manager?

To be honest, I really feel he wasn't given a chance to show his best. He was underdone, homesick and unused to the English game. Give him a go in the pre-season.If there is no improvement then we have lost nothing.If there is, maybe we have got a player, or at least, stand a chance of getting a modest fee for him

Your thoughts?

If we are still paying for a portion of his salary,why not bring him back and see if he can do any better under a different manager?

To be honest, I really feel he wasn't given a chance to show his best. He was underdone, homesick and unused to the English game. Give him a go in the pre-season.If there is no improvement then we have lost nothing.If there is, maybe we have got a player, or at least, stand a chance of getting a modest fee for him

Your thoughts?

I doubt he'll ever want to come back here. I imagine in his eyes, it's where everything began to go wrong. There he was scoring against Villla in the UEFA Cup and now he can't hold a starting place in a mid-table Slovak team.

Although, I do agree he was never really given much of a chance here.

Your thoughts?

Completely agree.

I read somewhere that Styvars preferred position was at full back. He arrived at AG touted as a winger so we definately didn't see the best of him.

It must be worth having another look at him.

Completely agree.

I read somewhere that Styvars preferred position was at full back. He arrived at AG touted as a winger so we definately didn't see the best of him.

It must be worth having another look at him.

Styvar is a forward....always has been, always will be. The "rumour" of him being a full back is just that...a rumour.

You could clearly see from his first couple of games here he wasnt good enough. He came from a lowly Eastern European team on the back end of a performance or two against clubs like Villa.

I like to think that now we have an established, experienced Championship/Premier League manager....we can attract players with a lot more pedigree then Pete Styvar!

Coppell has money....and I'd be inclined to say a fair wedge!! I really dont think he would have come here if he had peanuts to spend. Lets look forward to NEW faces coming in this summer, instead of looking at players who quite clearly couldnt cut it

Styvar is a forward....always has been, always will be. The "rumour" of him being a full back is just that...a rumour.

You could clearly see from his first couple of games here he wasnt good enough. He came from a lowly Eastern European team on the back end of a performance or two against clubs like Villa.

I like to think that now we have an established, experienced Championship/Premier League manager....we can attract players with a lot more pedigree then Pete Styvar!

Coppell has money....and I'd be inclined to say a fair wedge!! I really dont think he would have come here if he had peanuts to spend. Lets look forward to NEW faces coming in this summer, instead of looking at players who quite clearly couldnt cut it

No the rumour is true, i was told by an ex city player about that

Completely agree.

/quote]

Conclusive proof that if someone (Evening Post) repeats a lie often enough people that believe it, Styvar has never been a full back since becoming a professional, he's never been a winger, either.

The quote of Styvar being a midfielder & defender came from the player himself shortly after he joined City, it was only when he joined Zilina that he regularly played up front.

My link

The Post only printed what he said.

Looking at his goal scoring record prior to joining Zilina, backs that up.

ame='GrahamC' date='08 May 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1273316717' post='1236447']

The quote of Styvar being a midfielder & defender came from the player himself shortly after he joined City, it was only when he joined Zilina that he regularly played up front.

My link

The Post only printed what he said.

Looking at his goal scoring record prior to joining Zilina, backs that up.

I dont believe that quote come from Styvar directly.. sounds more like the Post just chucked it in after he said "I was out of position on the left side of attack".. all he said is that in his early days he played at the back which could mean childhood or at his teens..

In Rio Ferdinands days he played upfront whilst moving to CM then finally to defence..

I'd personally like to Styvar have another try at City.. I personally thought he had a decent game again pompey..

Guest Parson St Station

Im sorry Andy but I have to disagree. You state the obvious.."from his first couple of games"....yes,he was poor.But as I have tried to explain, he was so unfamiliar with the English style/fitness/atitude...he had no hope.

All I , and others are trying to say, is give him another go, with a different coach, and coaching mindset, he may be a better player.

FFS we are still paying his wages anyway so he may as well trial for us again!

We have nothing to lose if he's shite , but maybe with a little bit of form we could get a transfer fee for him.Geez, we have been paying his wages for 30 months now so I, for one, would love SL to at least get something back for his original investment in another PJ "great scouting coup"

As an aside, I don't think, besides Hartley we have too many UEFA / Champions league regulars. Styvar has featured a few times. Just a thought that he may be better than we saw.

Give him a go.Thats all I ask....

Im sorry Andy but I have to disagree. You state the obvious.."from his first couple of games"....yes,he was poor.But as I have tried to explain, he was so unfamiliar with the English style/fitness/atitude...he had no hope.

All I , and others are trying to say, is give him another go, with a different coach, and coaching mindset, he may be a better player.

FFS we are still paying his wages anyway so he may as well trial for us again!

We have nothing to lose if he's shite , but maybe with a little bit of form we could get a transfer fee for him.Geez, we have been paying his wages for 30 months now so I, for one, would love SL to at least get something back for his original investment in another PJ "great scouting coup"

As an aside, I don't think, besides Hartley we have too many UEFA / Champions league regulars. Styvar has featured a few times. Just a thought that he may be better than we saw.

Give him a go.Thats all I ask....

Whilst were at it, lets bring Soborio back, and Trundle, and Agyemang....we have a new coach, lets give them another chance

we have been paying his wages about 15 months to, but look....I want every City player to do well, but by bringing him back, it will more then likely stop Akindes progression, possibly the chance of bringing in a new player....and why? just so in 6 months when he has score 2 goals in 23 games, we ship him out on loan to Yeovil!

Time to move forward...not backward!

Styvar was a full back once upon a time - but switched to playing up front a long time ago....

In his last season with Zilina he had a terrific scoring record and was a striker.

We bought his as a striker.

Whilst were at it, lets bring Soborio back, and Trundle, and Agyemang....we have a new coach, lets give them another chance

we have been paying his wages about 15 months to, but look....I want every City player to do well, but by bringing him back, it will more then likely stop Akindes progression, possibly the chance of bringing in a new player....and why? just so in 6 months when he has score 2 goals in 23 games, we ship him out on loan to Yeovil!

Time to move forward...not backward!

Slightly childish to say bring these players back when they are not contracted to the club eh...

Trundle is out of contract so no need to bring him back.

Soborio and Agyemang were loan players end of...

If what people are saying is true and he is still under contract, what harm is it actually going to do to bring him back and see how he fairs under coppell?

Styvar was a full back once upon a time - but switched to playing up front a long time ago....

In his last season with Zilina he had a terrific scoring record and was a striker.

We bought his as a striker.

Don't think his goalscoring record was that good. Scored something like ten goals in his last season something that suggested he was the offensive central midfielder fans were looking for.

Both brothers checked him up live several times before he was signed.

Don't think his goalscoring record was that good. Scored something like ten goals in his last season something that suggested he was the offensive central midfielder fans were looking for.

Both brothers checked him up live several times before he was signed.

He scored nearly 30 goals in about forty appearances!!

League 07/08 - Scored 15 goals

see above he scored 15 League goals alone - and they only played 33 games that seasons

This does not include cup goals (europa league/champions league and slovakia cup etc)

He scored seventeen goals in the 2007/08 season including the league, play-offs, FA- and UEFA-Cup.

http://www.mskzilina.sk/index.php?url=statistiky&sutaz=0&typ=0&sezona=4&a=stat_hraci

In the 2008/09 season he scored five goals in total before he was signed by City.

Archived