IGNORED

Richard Keogh

II Wurzel II

worth a go at right back? joe anyinsah leaving too, wanting a move closer to family in bristol

One of the nicest blokes in football i've ever met... at least he was a few years ago when I last met him. Was quite a talent too when he was here but I fear he may be another who has been tainted by his agents giving him false assessment on his abilities for their own gain. I hope I'm wrong and he goes on to achieve to his capabilities.

With Ribeiro and J Wilson coming through and talks with Sawyer ongoing also the advent of Coppells transfer forays. I'd think a deal is unlikely, although if he'd accept a "squad player" role I wouldn't mind him. I'd expect he wouldn't judging by his move to secure first team football.

<br />One of the nicest blokes in football i've ever met... at least he was a few years ago when I last met him. Was quite a talent too when he was here but I fear he may be another who has been tainted by his agents giving him false assessment on his abilities for their own gain. I hope I'm wrong and he goes on to achieve to his capabilities.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Joe was completely snubbed by Tinnion and City, who flatly refused to even see him about his contract. I can't remember the Preston manager at the time (Billy Davies?), but they took the trouble to meet Joe in person, always kept in touch etc, and made him feel wanted. I'm in no way saying there was an ego to be massaged, but if my manager didn't give two forks about me and another company did, i know what i would do. Memory fails me, but i think the Preston manager moved on in a about a season and the rest is history.

At the time, i was pretty annoyed with city and the politics they played, trying to insinuate that Joe left for money etc. and that the club did everything it could. The PR machine must have worked because most city fans who speak about the situation are of the opinion that he was a greedy boy who listened to an evil agent. The truth being that Tinnion was just a bit of a c0ck.

Carlisle is a bit far and beyond and they probably both want to move south nearer to Bristol pariticularly in Anyinsah's case. Both could do a job for the Gas or even Plymouth.

Neither of them upto Championship quality imo.

<br /><br /><br />

Joe was completely snubbed by Tinnion and City, who flatly refused to even see him about his contract. I can't remember the Preston manager at the time (Billy Davies?), but they took the trouble to meet Joe in person, always kept in touch etc, and made him feel wanted. I'm in no way saying there was an ego to be massaged, but if my manager didn't give two forks about me and another company did, i know what i would do. Memory fails me, but i think the Preston manager moved on in a about a season and the rest is history.

At the time, i was pretty annoyed with city and the politics they played, trying to insinuate that Joe left for money etc. and that the club did everything it could. The PR machine must have worked because most city fans who speak about the situation are of the opinion that he was a greedy boy who listened to an evil agent. The truth being that Tinnion was just a bit of a c0ck.

Thats Interesting, I have never heard this point of view before - Like you said the PR machine must have done its job.

A really really good player that is playing at a level well below his ability because he was short term greedy at Ashton Gate. Should have accepted our contract.

Wasted talent. Would take him back if he could fit in without the past being an "issue" - Worked with Carey and Super Scott.

I pray to God that he does not go to Swinedon or Rovers on the cheap.

A really really good player that is playing at a level well below his ability because he was short term greedy at Ashton Gate. Should have accepted our contract.

Wasted talent. Would take him back if he could fit in without the past being an "issue" - Worked with Carey and Super Scott.

I pray to God that he does not go to Swinedon or Rovers on the cheap.

Worked because 1. their attitude was always spot on and 2. they love the club. The same cannot be said about Keogh. If he had been more professional perhaps he would have outstripped Liam.

Archived