IGNORED

Carey Says Steve Philips Did Shout For The Ball?

but it did not carry as far as they thought due to the pitch drying out

Thanks for the info, however, I am slightly confused by this. Surely if the pitch is drying out then the ball travels quicker and hence further?

Also it must have been drying out bloody quick for the pace of the ball to change so much and they didnt realise it!

Thanks for the info, however, I am slightly confused by this. Surely if the pitch is drying out then the ball travels quicker and hence further?

Also it must have been drying out bloody quick for the pace of the ball to change so much and they didnt realise it!

No - the ball moves quicker over a wet "greasy" pitch. Don't see the point in analysing it meself - it happened, get over it, move on (and don't let it happen again, obviously) it was a very rare basic mistake from our back 4.

The ball travels quicker on a slick, wet pitch as there's less friction when the ball hits the surface and it tends to "skip". Hence, teams that play quick passing football tend to water the pitch before games to get the benefit.

The defence have been superb this season and are the main reason we finished near the top. They've made up for a shortage of goals up front, so I guess we can allow them one slip up. I don't expect Hartlepool to score against us at the Gate.

My prediction 2-0 to City. Roberts and Rougier.

Archived