IGNORED

Burnley

Tim S

Burnley have announced that Brian Laws will be staying on as their manager for next season.

Looks like you can cross Burnley off the list of potential promotion candidates then!

Maybe even a sly tenner on back to back relegations now I have heard that news.....

I think that Burnley have made a good decision keeping Laws. Burnley were never good enough to stay in the Premier League and under Laws Burnley have made some big scalps especially their result against Tottenham.

I think they are gena be up there one of the favourites for the league.

I think that Burnley have made a good decision keeping Laws. Burnley were never good enough to stay in the Premier League and under Laws Burnley have made some big scalps especially their result against Tottenham.

Like his last club were???

The thing that is making me think they'll do well is that in Paterson, Nugent and Fletcher they have an unbelievable attack! I know come the start of the season they may not have all of these, but should they keep them, they will boast a formidable attacking force, Especially with the likes of Blake, Elliot and Eagles in their ranks, these are all exceptional Championship players. They've also been clever with how they handled their situation financially, they have not given players ridiculous contracts on obscene wages, and nor did they make a tonne of signings, so this jump to the prem will have strengthened them financially and I'm sure there will be money to spend at Turf Moor this summer. The only weak link appears to be Brian Laws!

Not knocking what was a great win for them, but Spurs' work was done. That game was more of an exercise in not getting injured before the WC for most of their players.

Not sure if keeping Laws is a good decision or not. He never had a lot of money at Weds, Burnley seem to have gone about things in the right way, not overspent, and I dare say budgeted for immediate relegation. They've got a chance if they keep their better players, with or without Laws I would think.

Archived