IGNORED

Lambert

Ralph Milne

Several seasons too late imo, should've nicked him from the gas after the JPT games... he was an obvious target to go for then, couldve picked him up for relatively small money.

Was waiting at the time to hear that we were after him -but it never happened :dunno: ... during the Jpt game at AG he was the standout player on the pitch for me, the only real danger man in the match & he was wearing blue/white quarters :grr: ...

Why GJ didnt go for him then I cant fathom, reckon we wouldve saved a bundle of wasted cash speculating on numerous striking failures signed since then.

If we had him before he hit his purple patch for the gas & subsequently for the saints I believe he wouldve done the same for us.

The potential was already there to be seen by everyone, I hope we didnt miss out purely due to city/gas rivalry because imo Lambert was just what we needed then & since... imagine how potent we wouldve been with Maynard & Lambert emerging together at the same time in City colours!!

Too late now though - the horse has bolted, - big mistake to have let such an obvious potential asset pass us by.

:tumbleweed:

Only one season too late, I think. He came of age last season, and had we snatched him last summer, I think he would have been a success for us last season. However, up until the season before last there were huge reservations about him, and I don't think he became the finished article until he joined Southampton. Clearly a late developer, but we missed a trick last summer for sure!

1.5m would not buy him.

I think he might be like Steve Howard at this level. Not bad but not amazing.

Indeed it wouldn't. Given the wealth of their owner Saints do not need to sell and if they choose to can name their price. Reminds me of another club with a prolific striker. :innocent06:

Archived