IGNORED

Preston North End In Trouble!

!james

The Board of Preston North End, announces that, having received a winding up petition from HM Revenue and Customs, following failure to pay certain liabilities, the Company's Ordinary Shares will be suspended from trading on AIM (the "Suspension"). The Suspension will take effect from 7am on 17 May 2010 pending clarification of the Company's financial position.

The Board are currently considering the options available and a further announcement will be made as soon as possible.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52764

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE64D1UI20100514

if they get deducted 10 points they would have gone down...

at this rate we will be the only team not on minus 10 pts next season.

i know that it doesn't mean an automatic deduction but it doesn't look too good for them. how many more teams will be financially mismanaged?

Bit shocked by this, always had the idea that PNE were a well run club. Have to say, hope they get out of trouble, would be a shame to lose a famous club like that, surely someone will come forward and help them out.

I think it says alot about the current financial climate when we have seen 2 Premier League clubs (Hull and Pompey) both declare they are in severe difficulity and that is despite the millions of pounds thrown at Premier League sides from TV and sponsorship revenue.

It is no wonder then when we see Championship clubs such as Preston & Cardiff suffer similar fates when they dont receive half as much money at sides in the top level.

I hope PNE pull through, they have a great history at the club and would be a shame to see them go under

would we be in trouble without sir steve lansdown ?

Yes, we would but not as bad as you think, the investment that SL has authorised has only been since we got Championship money back.

League One saw us make signings like Jevons, Showunmi and Christian Roberts so we'd be making a loss but nothing like we do now.

I think it says alot about the current financial climate when we have seen 2 Premier League clubs (Hull and Pompey) both declare they are in severe difficulity and that is despite the millions of pounds thrown at Premier League sides from TV and sponsorship revenue.

It is no wonder then when we see Championship clubs such as Preston & Cardiff suffer similar fates when they dont receive half as much money at sides in the top level.

I hope PNE pull through, they have a great history at the club and would be a shame to see them go under

P.N.E must and will bounce back, they are historic in football and they must live on :englandsmile4wf:

Exactly, Preston North End is a club with a world famous name and fantastic history.

Their demise would be a huge loss to English football.

Good luck to them.

at this rate we will be the only team not on minus 10 pts next season.

I'm a bit confused by Football League Rule 12.2. If during the close season one or more Championship clubs were to be wound up will extra clubs be promoted from League 1 with a knock on effect all the way down the pyramid; (Weston might yet stay up). OR will it be a smaller division?

There appears to be a difference between replacing clubs that have folded in a season and between seasons.

Maybe could pick up Parkin on the cheap, target man & weighs in with a few goals as well. Bit of a culture shock for us but could link up well with NM.

Good grief - NO. Dreadful lump.

Fortunately that seems as far from a Coppell signing as I could possibly imagine.

Good grief - NO. Dreadful lump.

Fortunately that seems as far from a Coppell signing as I could possibly imagine.

Agree he's on the large size but has a surprisingly decent touch and always plays well against us. But probably doesn't fit into the Coppell mould as you say.

Haaaa, I was going to say we need to get in their for Wallace and then perhaps St Ledger.

exactly what I said. Smart person. Everyone's saying we need a centre back and left mid there's two right there. St Ledger was in the team if the year and Wallace has a great left foot and can take good free kicks and corners

Archived